Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Second month as a service writer and I am doing pretty good. I'm really liking the job so far; I think the big reason is I work for a great indie shop that is always above board with customers. Went from writing 12 cars a week in my first month to 37 this last week. My first salary job ever, but its the best paying I've ever had too. :)

I fell in love with the E36 3 series vert with the M sports package though. I never thought a clutch could be so smooth! I did notice how easy it would be to moneyshift one. The gate location/distance for 1st and 3rd are far too similar. Before that one my favorite test drive was the E46 330i, and a manual trans 2001 4runner. Time to start saving some pennies I guess.

In the meantime, a customer is trying to get rid of his 1992 civic DX hatch. No power steering, A/c blows cold, clutch is smooth, T belt done 40k ago, needs a little work but nothing major. 144k miles. Great interior. He bought it for 400. I think I'll offer him 750 for it and see if he takes it :D If not, I guess I could finally get the A/C working in my WRX before the summer is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Just bought a 97 Honda Accord with 188000 miles for 500 dollars. I didn't need the car but the A/C parts for my WRX would be like 400 and the radio is hosed up, so why not buy a Honda that has working A/C, a working radio and a working everything else?

Doesn't burn any oil, had the T belt done w/ seals and water pump at 150k. New tires at 180k. The transmission throws a CEL occasionally, and it hesitates a bit in the 2-3 shift, but I've got plenty of time to source a good junkyard trans for it. If I wanted to pour money into it, I would love it with a manual and an H22.

• Locked thread