Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Mat_Drinks best OP.

Das Volk does the best hillclimbs.

August starting well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Why use sliders in the middle? Just slam that HDR slider to the motherfucking right.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nodoze posted:

This only the judgement free zone for horrible life problems

We're your friends here, not like the others.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

Is the C3 ok?

Damnit, you beat me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I almost picked up a Chinese knockoff of a Vino the other day but it died and the dude could not get it started again.

Best opportunity missed. Offer him half price for it, then throw a carb on it and enjoy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BloodBag posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say she drives a PT cruiser.

The correct drunk driving answer is C3.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Geirskogul posted:

Almost ready to leave Portland...on 12 year old rubber. But the spare is from 2014 :psyduck:

Just be thankful that the tires are new enough to have date codes! Check the tires and add oil. Repeat. Get home. Enjoy!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

My girlfriend is probably going to leave me because it's all her dying father wants in the world before the cancer kills him.

Maybe it's for the best. At least you're not taking pot shots at a significant portion of AI posters.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I only target BSS goons with my venom.

And you're better than a piss-rag breather.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Well that thought just made me gag.

I take that as a compliment.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

You've captured the essence of VW bus driving. You'll get there, other people are in a rush to go to their people stuff.

Mat_Drinks posted:

I think he was making fun of Ozmiander?

I'm always making fun of Ozmiander.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

She thanked me this morning.

Game recognizes game and this guy's playing. :sonia:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Found a nice laser radar gun on the road today. Plastered with "Property of xxx police department" "Property of Ohio State Highway Patrol" etc stickers on it... Powered on and had power, but gave errors when I tried to get an actual speed reading. Probably got damaged when it fell off the patrol car. :(

I took it back to the local PD and said "You guys need to stop leaving your toys on the road." The woman behind the glass said "You found that on the ROAD?" Hehe, someone had a bad day. My daughter asked me why I called it a toy. :lol:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CommieGIR posted:

Still waiting for my version, and I kinda don't want to use the work around.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I don't think it'd even be classified as a "workaround." Download the x32 or x64 program and run it. First thing it'll ask is whether you want to upgrade the device you're running it on or create media on a usb stick.

I've upgraded 3 using that program and they've all gone flawlessly. ymmv.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

some texas redneck posted:

Got a quote to remove the tint from the whole car - $85.

Just buy a steamer for less than that and do it yourself, then you have a steamer, too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-STEAM-SHARK-II-HARD-SURFACE-STEAM-CLEANER-EP908-EURO-PRO-X-/331608660700?hash=item4d356a9adc That's what I have. It worked on 20-year old tint on the MR2, 4 year old tint on the Juke, 10 year old tint on a truck and 3 year old tint on an Acura.

The more you take the tint off, the easier it gets, but it's really no more complex than "hit it with steam, then slowly peel." Keep the steam mostly on the dry side and it comes off clean.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Sigma X posted:

I just made an appointment half an hour ago to have all-round tint put on my Fiesta and it's $355 for ceramic tint. I realize that prices change based on the market, but... your budget tint joint where they use dyed plastic film might be $99, but it's more for anything approaching quality film by a quality installer.

And quality ceramic film is worth the money. I've got all (!) the windows of my house tinted with a nice ceramic for UV rejection / heat mitigation and not only does it make a huge difference (it kinda messes with your mind, you see light pouring in from a wall of windows, but if you stand in the light, it's not warm, it's just light), it has held up to a lot of dog/kid/etc impact and other nonsense with no problems... not even a scratch yet and it's been ~7 years.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Sigma X posted:

Oh, I know. I know. I've used Huper Optik ceramic in several of my other cars and it's always been great; there's just no installers for that brand in the area. Nothing beats it for UV and heat rejection. I wish they could make it clear with the same efficacy, I'd put it on every window.

I've got Geoshield Iris 70 and it is almost transparent. The only way you can tell it's tinted at all is when I have the sliding glass door open and you look through 2 panes of tinted glass and you can tell if you look critically. It's not something anyone has noticed that's been in the house... but it does help block heat. Here's something from their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GeoshieldUS/posts/791744460888901

Rhyno posted:

I will tell you though, having a minor meltdown and teetering on a full on bought of depression sure is the best way to deal with it.

Better solution? More Klondikes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

You guys are starting to depress me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

If nothing matters, everything you choose to matter, matters.

Invest in your surroundings, and choose to fight entropy however you see fit. If nothing matters, it doesn't matter that it won't matter in the end, right?

Life owns, get over it. :sun:

Wanna have this guy's manbabies.

For those that don't see things as brightly as Adiabatic is painting, fall back on Tom Waits, especially "The Ocean Doesn't Want Me Today" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wrw-ojKZtE

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 5, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Like I want to be using a steamer when the projected highs for the next week are nearly 110. At least the (decent) shops have air conditioned shops. I don't even have a garage I can pull into. My a/c is ice loving cold and can easily freeze my nipples off, but I think the steamer (and having the doors open) would offset that a bit.

Okay, then go throw money at someone who will profit by doing the easy work you're too lazy to do, Mr. Moneybags.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

fjelltorsk posted:

Phonepostin from the loony bin. The doctor at the er recommended 72 hours of inpatient treatment while my brain sorta lands. I can leave if i want to. But i have a feeling that some good sleep and what they called an intro to therapy where i have two sessions a day is good for me.

Well done. You may not feel like it, but you are seen as a pillar of strength by a lot of us here. The poo poo you've been dealt over the past year is incredible and the brain is no different than any other part of the body... sometimes it hurts and you need a doctor to help it heal.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Hey guys, the August chat thread got weird.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I'm confused... how do you get that much camber on the rear wheels with a live axle? Is this some kind of Jeep-body-on-another-thing thing?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Astonishing Wang posted:

gently caress YOU DONALD TRUMP

Are you not entertained?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

This is going to stir some poo poo up: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/hackers-tiny-device-unlocks-cars-opens-garages/

Guy has a device to grab and/or disrupt rolling codes for garage doors AND most cars... implications are huge. Quick, easy and undetectable break ins, just for starters.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Phone posted:

It's Wired, which is basically a rag for techno fetishism. Also vapor ware.

I'm sorry to offend your sensibilities through my choice of site that relays information. Perhaps Network World http://www.networkworld.com/article/2968312/microsoft-subnet/32-rolljam-device-can-break-into-most-cars-and-garage-doors.html , Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/08/06/rolljam-hacks-doors/ , or The Hacker News https://thehackernews.com/2015/08/rolljam-unlock-car-garage.html would be more to your approval?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I know that nobody in the world drives Justys, but if they did, they'd love this 22k mile California car for $1400:

https://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5164694486.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 10, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Doesnt Kastein own one?

Well, you see, ummm.... :thejoke:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

mafoose posted:

This could be the AI relay car to make it up to kastein!

If someone is in California and can do it, I'm in for $100.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Phone posted:

Ughhhh tooled around on a Honda Trail 90 all weekend. The urge is strong to buy a dumb scooter for putting around town... Must... Resist...

Please do, then make a thread and mod it. I want to gently caress around with a scooter and want to see someone else's journey. Ruckus clone, preferably. Thanks!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Just ordered a Zenfone 2 to replace my Nexus 5. Hmmmmm.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

keykey posted:

What provider are you on?

Cricket right now, going on a camping trip in a couple weeks in a remote area, so I'll probably use the second SIM slot for a prepaid sim that works in the area.

I've got poo poo coverage with T-Mobile in my area and I've been really happy with AT&T / Cricket's coverage. Cricket limits to 8M speeds, but that's perfectly fine for me and mobile.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nexus 5 2015 is supposedly just around the corner.

I'm trying to keep my N5 alive - so far I've replaced the battery (and the back cover I mangled). Now the power button acts like I'm hitting it 20 times if I so much as sneeze on it, and it's soldered to the board. :smith: I've mapped a volume button to work as the power button for now, but that doesn't work when I'm listening to music.

Just looked up the specs on the Zenphone 2, looks pretty drat nice. Especially for the price.

N5 2015 is looking to be at $350 for 16gb, which isn't bad, but still not expandable storage... for my use, Zenphone 2 should be good for a bit, we'll see.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Slow is Fast posted:

Interested to see how you like it. I've had a broken screen on my galaxy 4 for a year and want to move onto something newer with a better camera. I think I'll just get a galaxy 5 or 6, but I'm open to other options.

I don't like it, it's going straight back.

I like the form factor.

I don't like the build quality, it feels like cheap plastic. I don't like the screen brightness or color rendition -- side-by-side with my Nexus 5 the ZF2 is less bright and much more dull. I don't like the ASUS, speaker and home buttons in reflective chrome.

Basically, I went from a Nexus 4 to a Nexus 5 and I'm spoiled on the polished, quality feel of the Google units. I also have a Nexus 7 (2013), and there is absolutely a familial feel to the three.

Looks like I'm just going to wait until Google announces the N5 (2015) and hope that it comes in under $400...

Rumors are that they are going to announce an LG N5 and another brand's new N6 at the same time. That'd drop the price of the current N6 and that thing is really pretty...

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 14, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

:argh: REFLECTIVE CHROME BUTTONS :argh:

You jest, but in comparison, the N* has home buttons built in to the screen space, so they disappear when you aren't using them... instead of damned chrome reflections every time your hand moves. I'll probably lose sleep over it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

As George Carlin said -- every time you get a new pet, you know that you are buying a future tragedy. RIP SAC's puppy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I hosed up just as much as they did, but gently caress, who the gently caress pulls out into a 55 mph rural 2 lane road like that, especially when there's a line of cars coming at you, one of which is already flashing their lights at you just as you start to inch forward?

That's not rural, and you were at well more than half throttle. If you get pissed off enough to rage about that, you'd never make it driving in Ohio.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Beater Vipers are the best Vipers:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/5166407741.html

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nodoze posted:

"rear tires right at the wear bar, so possibly need replacing"

Nah

Nothing wrong with having aged, worn-out tires on a car notorious for wanting to swap ends and kill its driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bape Culture posted:

I'd write this on the side of my car if you bought me a 800hp lsx v8
Consider it a sponsored suicide
I'll get to work on the powerpoint