Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Good to know gamers are out there keeping them honest!

Those are the two most popular comments btw

Gamers are terrible. This is a universal fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I miss the gamers.txt threads before gamergate ruined them.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This poo poo looks like fun.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Cars are exploding a little too easily, hopefully it'll be toned down before release (not for a year anyway) so car crashes are crashes, not just explosions. I also hope the trams are ridable, it was sad that a ton of content was cut from Mafia 2, the subway and elevated trains were locked off from player use, they were supposed to be part of the open world before that was restricted.

I also hope they re-add the ammo mechanic from Mafia 1 back in, if you reload early you lose some bullets in the spent clip/mag. I'm hopeful, it sounds like a good setting and seeing Vito back as an ally is neat, I wonder if Joe will show up, he wasn't explicitly shown being killed in 2 and he did have a gun in the car when he was taken away.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 5, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

drunkill posted:

Cars are exploding a little too easily, hopefully it'll be toned down before release (not for a year anyway) so car crashes are crashes, not just explosions. I also hope the trams are ridable, it was sad that a ton of content was cut from Mafia 2, the subway and elevated trains were locked off from player use, they were supposed to be part of the open world before that was restricted.

It looks like the car explosions were just for show. I'd say they'd tone it down.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Judging by the skin tone in that gif, he'd have to be in a gang. No one gets more poo poo on during times of racial strife than mixed race kids.

Of course they probably won't go into that, and it's actually whitewashing, but one can hope.

I also hope there some bayou action and a crayfish trapping minigame.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Lol WoW in 1 year lost 5mil subs because of WoD

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It looks more like WoD rejuvenated interest briefly then people went back to business as usual, which is a steady decline in subs since Cataclysm because the game is old, subscription MMOs are declining, and FF14 is actually okay now and a competitor

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Does anyone have a link to the Wonderful 101 thread?

e. nevermind I found it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

program666 posted:

lol you bought a vita

yea and its good idiot

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gonna be honest here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCWQXxqbIbA
Devil's Third looks like poo poo and I still want to get it.

E: Uhhh multiplayer looks weird

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 5, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Playing a mulatto is gonna be cool in Mafia 3, here's hoping he's more interesting than loving Vito

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Good to know gamers are out there keeping them honest!

Those are the two most popular comments btw
In ten years gamers have only gotten worse since the days of CJ and San Andreas.

I for one am looking forward to black Punisher fighting the mob in 1960's New Orleans so long as 2K doesn't completely gently caress it up like they did with 2.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It looks more like WoD rejuvenated interest briefly then people went back to business as usual, which is a steady decline in subs since Cataclysm because the game is old, subscription MMOs are declining, and FF14 is actually okay now and a competitor

WoW wouldn't have bled so much if content was delivered in a timely manner. People got burnt out even faster than back during Cataclysm because Blizzard has no concept of keeping deadlines.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LETS TURN THIS PRESS CONFERENCE INTO A PARTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBHA2_j5H8&t=1533s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Call of Duty is doing a press conference now. A GLOBAL E-SPORTS conference

http://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

e: there are announcers in loving suits

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

The Monthly Video Game Chat Thread is not supposed to make me sad like this.

if i ever see anyone use the term "SJW" again i swear to god

WHO GIVES A SHIIIIIIIIIIT

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ahaha they're "drafting" players

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

if i ever see anyone use the term "SJW" again i swear to god

WHO GIVES A SHIIIIIIIIIIT
It's a great calling card to know when to completely ignore a person at least.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Healbot posted:

WoW wouldn't have bled so much if content was delivered in a timely manner. People got burnt out even faster than back during Cataclysm because Blizzard has no concept of keeping deadlines.

I find that's a problem in a lot of the industry right now. Delaying a game so it doesn't fall apart on release is fine and good, but it seems a lot of companies have gotten comfortable just releasing things months or a year later than they were supposed to, and are surprised that affects sales.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

There are plenty of people on tumblr who fit the term 'SJW' perfectly but yeah, it's one of those words that often gets used for "person I disagree with" on the internet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
SJW is the new "hipster"

coincidentally enough i have been accused of being both :)

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
So, what's supposed to be disappointing about the new Mirror's Edge? Maybe the open world stuff might end up a little disjointed or empty, but the core gameplay looks as good as the first and the art direction still looks fantastic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yesssss my girlfriend's mother finally caved and said we could buy their wii u

they already have captain toad and NSMB and Mario Kart and some others

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

yesssss my girlfriend's mother finally caved and said we could buy their wii u

they already have captain toad and NSMB and Mario Kart and some others

Way to rip your girl's relatives man.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Also, lmao at the thought of playing as a literal black thug as being 'politically correct'.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Healbot posted:

Can't really tell buy that chart because they don't show increments of time, but they were hemorrhaging subs early and quickly within the first few months. Everybody knows that the orc storyline dragged back a bunch of old farts that are even older now and were never going to stick around.

They are actually speeding up the rate of content tho, by making wow expansions a yearly release :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Way to rip your girl's relatives man.

they literally never play it. they also own TWO XBones because her dad likes to play Titanfall or calladuty or whatever in a separate room so he can yell at people

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

they literally never play it. they also own TWO XBones because her dad likes to play Titanfall or calladuty or whatever in a separate room so he can yell at people

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

when the other poster mentioned I thought they actually tried to make it look like a party or something but it's just choreographed sims themed stuff, that's kind of normal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We gamers are often told that we are silly, but into this word people try to put an insult that it is rather hard for me to fathom. Everything is silly... There is no logic... The acts of life have no beginning and no end. Everything happens in a completely idiotic way. That is why everything is alike. Simplicity is called Games.

Any attempt to conciliate an inexplicable momentary state with logic strikes me as a boring kind of game... Like everything in life, Games is useless...

Perhaps you will understand me better when I tell you that Games is a virgin microbe that penetrates with the insistence of air into all of the spaces that reason has not been able to fill with words or conventions.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

precision posted:

We gamers are often told that we are silly, but into this word people try to put an insult that it is rather hard for me to fathom. Everything is silly... There is no logic... The acts of life have no beginning and no end. Everything happens in a completely idiotic way. That is why everything is alike. Simplicity is called Games.

Any attempt to conciliate an inexplicable momentary state with logic strikes me as a boring kind of game... Like everything in life, Games is useless...

Perhaps you will understand me better when I tell you that Games is a virgin microbe that penetrates with the insistence of air into all of the spaces that reason has not been able to fill with words or conventions.

do not source your quote

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I really want to make a Galak-Z thread but I have neither A) the time B) the OP-making chops or C) the Galak-Z chops/knowledge to do a good post :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stux posted:

nintendo sequels arnet unique

they're unique enough to make all the xenoblade guys be on continuous meltdown for the last year

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I really want to make a Galak-Z thread but I have neither A) the time B) the OP-making chops or C) the Galak-Z chops/knowledge to do a good post :(

Isn't one of the devs a goon that posted earlier? Or am I misremembering?

If true, I'm sure they'd love to help.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtDjCTiqvE

Cantoris
May 11, 2015

I play video games 29 hours a day

Oh my god wow. Take my money.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I really like your videos

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Please keep playing terrible early adventure games for our amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ekster posted:

Please keep playing terrible early adventure games for our amusement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL8_rEN6DZA

• Locked thread