Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fog breath was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

uzume makes the matador fight a cakewalk

u dont even need to lvl that high. i do it at lvl 14 with nozuichi + blue circle sewer guy and have 3 demons w/ dia on.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
some guy on youtube did it at lvl 8 ... cool guy..

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

some guy on youtube did it at lvl 8 ... cool guy..

dang

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

u dont even need to lvl that high. i do it at lvl 14 with nozuichi + blue circle sewer guy and have 3 demons w/ dia on.

well yeah

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

well , i know u know better, but other ppl should do that instead of fighting those manta ray guys for 1 hour so they can get media or w/e

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he used mamadoon on me a couple times but they never hit thanks to fog breath

fog breath is really good and if your not using it on every boss youre failing hard

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
apparently xp in strange journey is split between party members? killed the 2nd boss after it murdered every single demon I had & dropped me to 11 hp, and went up from lvl. 17 to lvl 22 instantly. (secret tech...?)

talking to demons is k00l but i miss persona's social link xp. it was real nice to get that boost from doing a fusion. I guess it doesn't matter as much since strange journey's demons don't have big skillsets gained from levelling...

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
persona 2 has some really cool conversation combinations

i vaguely remember being able to get drunk with demons

Dec 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

apparently xp in strange journey is split between party members? killed the 2nd boss after it murdered every single demon I had & dropped me to 11 hp, and went up from lvl. 17 to lvl 22 instantly. (secret tech...?)

talking to demons is k00l but i miss persona's social link xp. it was real nice to get that boost from doing a fusion. I guess it doesn't matter as much since strange journey's demons don't have big skillsets gained from levelling...

you should definitely keep them around long enough to get sources from them at least

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

fog breath is really good and if your not using it on every boss youre failing hard

Fog breath is one of those rare RPG skills that you get really early that remains useful for the rest of the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

I hate it when RPGs do this. If you get 200 XP at the end of battle, everyone in your party should get 200 XP, instead of having it split 4 ways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

persona 2 has some really cool conversation combinations

i vaguely remember being able to get drunk with demons

The demon interaction system is one of the coolest things about SMT. I guess that is coming back in Persona 5? Excited for that.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

iirc persona actually makes it take longer to level the demons normally than it usually is in the mainline SMT games, because you can get social link boost exp instead. In the long term it kind of evens out.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in persona 2 if you talk to certain enemies with certain demons in your party if they're connected

mars and ares are happy to see each other but hades and demeter will immediately get pissed at each other

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

you should definitely keep them around long enough to get sources from them at least

i'm getting sources from about half my demons. it's cool.

being overleveled seems to mean that I get gently caress-all for xp for killing enemies, which means my guys don't level up, which means I'm screwed when it comes to sp restoration. looks like the game got the better of me, after all...

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Vagrant Story, tape maces together and name them all rear end Pounder with ascending version numbers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i wish atlus games werent so expensive!!!!!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

i wish atlus games werent so expensive!!!!!

you're paying for quality, OP.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
think im gonna start suikoden 2 again soon, drat its probably the best RPG ever made

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are the Atelier and Hyperdimension Neptunia games as bad as they look.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
newest atelier game was pretty eeehhh

escha and logy is really good

don't know poo poo about hyperdimension

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I looked more closely at the Hyperdimension games and nevermind lol.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
was it ever revealed who the big 3 are?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The OP finally said they were Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and SMT. :)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Are the Atelier and Hyperdimension Neptunia games as bad as they look.

Atelier games are fun but Neptunia is unbelievably loving terrible in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We joke about this a lot, but Neptunia is actually 100% AIDS.

• Locked thread