Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Seems to have been quite easy too:

Goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the only mention of Rhode Island on Kingdom of Amalur's wikipedia page is this short blurb, which makes up the entirety of the sales section.

quote:

On March 10, 2012, it was projected by NPD that the game sold over 330,000 physical copies in the U.S.[33] and Curt Schilling later tweeted that it has sold 1.2 million by the 90-day mark. Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee has said that the game was a failure as it needed to sell over 3 million copies to break even.[5]

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
thank gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I think they screwed over their employees too by trying make them replay their relocation packages

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The Atlantic posted:

Observing and interacting with Chafee, I tried out a number of theories to explain his quest. Was he a narcissist? This did not appear to be the case; he has a mild and self-effacing demeanor. Nor was he clearly a people person—while other candidates and their representatives at the event worked the room shaking hands, Chafee hovered, solitary, on the sidelines when it wasn’t his turn to speak. When raffle winners were announced and it turned out he was standing next to the prize table, he quickly got out of the way. Later, he sat down at the table to flip through one of the prizes, a book about the Kennedys. Nobody bothered him.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

holy loly. wheres this from

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I guess you could strafe the chafe after all... :smith:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

babypolis posted:

holy loly. wheres this from

probably The Atlantic but who can really say

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

god drat someone get this adorable man a blanket and a hot chocolate or something jesus christ

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want a buddy cop comedy starring Jim Webb and Chafee. :unsmith:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Echo Chamber posted:

I want a buddy cop comedy starring Jim Webb and Chafee. :unsmith:

Vanilla and The Killer

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The Saurus posted:

Vanilla and The Killer

Turner and Hooch 2

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
You can't blame Chafee for 38 studios. Who can resist the Amallure of MMOs?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

The X-man cometh posted:

You can't blame Chafee for 38 studios. Who can resist the Amallure of MMOs?

nearly everyone

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

America's just not ready for a metric president.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

We really should go metric, but there's too many royalists in this country. :sigh:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i though that kingdoms of amalur game was ok. it did seem really wasteful though. tons of areas with no good reason to go to, packed with fully voiced npcs with tons of really boring and repetitive (but unique!) lines

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

metric is america
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_19
interstate 19 is the only america in america

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

babypolis posted:

i though that kingdoms of amalur game was ok. it did seem really wasteful though. tons of areas with no good reason to go to, packed with fully voiced npcs with tons of really boring and repetitive (but unique!) lines

my man grant kirkhope did the music (although I heard it wasn't very memorable, dunno I never played it)

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

oystertoadfish posted:

metric is america
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_19
interstate 19 is the only america in america

I guess every dog has his day after all :unsmith:

Xenophon has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Oct 30, 2015

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Xenophon posted:

I guess every dog has his day after all :unsmith:

I love Photoshop or photographers or whoever

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

oystertoadfish posted:

I love Photoshop or photographers or whoever

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

cool picture thanks for that (not ironic) i was guessing they didnt set up a rhode island podium in the arizona desert so chafee could gloat and that that was photoshopped into it but iono

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

oystertoadfish posted:

cool picture thanks for that (not ironic) i was guessing they didnt set up a rhode island podium in the arizona desert so chafee could gloat and that that was photoshopped into it but iono

This gave me the funny mental image of Chafee preaching the glories of the metric system from a lonely desert pulpit.

The real highway story is for some reason the arizona contract for the highway required metric signs.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zas posted:

my man grant kirkhope did the music (although I heard it wasn't very memorable, dunno I never played it)

its been a few years but every once in a while i remember a song that played in this big open ended plains area. it was a cool song and that dude is cool for making it

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Before the metric system, there was the wrestling team

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

Before the metric system, there was the wrestling team

Is that at Andover?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The X-man cometh posted:

Is that at Andover?

No idea. All I see about him wrestling was from when he was at Brown but I didn't look that hard.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I met Chafee briefly at an event in New Hampshire during those months he was running and he was a nice fellow.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I miss Lincoln Chafee.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

I miss Lincoln Chafee.

Who?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT