Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
repent, for the judgment of memes is upon us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Samog posted:

samog!!
:syoon:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Samog posted:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

baudin post the turns

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Turn 27:

Well nothing too crazy happened at least. To make matters even better I almost staled this turn too due to going out to a bar that night instead of being diligent about playing a pixel game. I know, priorities in the wrong order.

I lost a province to a raider and gained back one, nothing too crazy here.

I also notice that someone else is fighting Boing:

This brings me some hope at least.

And now I have a huge decision to make. I have three master smiths that are able to caste Earthquake which should do a lot of damage to whatever I hit them with, although I might lose them as well due to collateral damage. If I use them it’ll be a one hit wonder - I won’t be able to easily recover from losing that many earth gems in both the boots and the gems on them. I think about this for about 20 minutes, conferring with Spooky (who is also fighting against Burlap), before deciding to pull back my casters to give them levitation rings and hopefully have them survive their own doomspells. Eventaully I fixiate on this little item:

I create three of the suckers using some of my magister arcane, move my main army to the northeast, and end my turn with minutes to spare.

Literal minutes.

End Turn.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I came for Neruz's hand-wringing nation lore breakdowns and stayed for the DomGoons nostalgia.

More of both please.

p.s. rip in piss modpud

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Baudin posted:

conferring with Spooky (who is also fighting against Burlap)

spoilers:

somewhere around here the wiring in my house took a huge poo poo on all of my electronical devices and i was not able to use computers in my home for like a month, so i was of no real help. :shrug:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Victor Vermis posted:

I came for Neruz's hand-wringing nation lore breakdowns and stayed for the DomGoons nostalgia.

More of both please.

p.s. rip in piss modpud

Cheaters don't even get piss to rip in, friend.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

spoilers:

somewhere around here the wiring in my house took a huge poo poo on all of my electronical devices and i was not able to use computers in my home for like a month, so i was of no real help. :shrug:

spoilers: I don't think it would have helped :v:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

finish the posts

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Baudin is too busy livestreaming on twitch and being a superstar to follow-through on this.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
What's his twitch username/link?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
More importantly, which game is he streaming? I'm fairly sure it can't be dom4, that would be insane. Making short battle videos is one thing, but streaming Dominions 4 in all it's glory can't possibly have a positive outcome

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
He was streaming Conquest of Elysium 4 the other day, and I don't know his twitch handle because I don't ever watch the twitch, but he linked it in irc.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i only read screenshot lp's so this dude is dead to me

dead to me

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

How are u posted:

He was streaming Conquest of Elysium 4 the other day, and I don't know his twitch handle because I don't ever watch the twitch, but he linked it in irc.

Much better than Dom4. You can take breaks each 10 minutes when a random goblin kills your cap.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

i only read screenshot lp's so this dude is dead to me

dead to me

Oye that's a cruel thing to say.

Turn 28:

More raiding happened this turn - Morlockia’s Hurin Priests are both annoying and effective. Plus they’re great at raising undead. Why didn’t I make something with them instead of this horrible neighbour of mine?

Most of my moves this turn are moving around to deal with various raiding locations I’ve lost.

I’m also moving my troops over to engage those lost provinces. I’m also moving up a force to take his throne:

I don’t know if they’ll be enough.

I’ve equipped my 3 earth quake mages with rings of levitation, and also moved them adjacent to the throne fort.

I’ve been busy talking to as many people as I can about whats going on - mostly thespo and Rotekian. We’ll see how this turn goes - Burlap could hit me pretty hard if he catches out my troops.

After a few hours I decide to try out using a spell - Call of Winds - to take out the lone Hurin Priest.

This also means I’m going to alter my movements a bit - the flying raiders in my west are likely going to head back, and I’d love to catch them on the way.

Lets see if this works. I’m still going to try to hit that throne, and hopefully not lose my main army.

End Turn!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Just wait until you kill all those hurin priests only for them to come back later, sans wings. :v:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

post all of the rest of the turns

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
samog tell me who i should give this goddamn steam code to i've had it for like 9 months

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Libluini posted:

Just wait until you kill all those hurin priests only for them to come back later, sans wings. :v:

I do not know, the mummy versions are pretty amazing at summoning undead, they might just camp in fortresses spamming armies, forever, fond memories of playing pre nerf Nazca and literally making GBS threads out about two thousand of their ethereal sacred fliers with F9W9 blesses over the course of a game even if they were all incinerated by Boing over the course of ridiculously huge battles.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Baudin posted:

Oye that's a cruel thing to say.

i had to get through to you!

emotion is a weapon

thanks for your post. i read it and viewed the screen shots

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ChickenWing posted:

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Give out those keys so we all know if we should buy this game while it is on sale at least.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ramc posted:

Give out those keys so we all know if we should buy this game while it is on sale at least.

Samog!!!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The memes were too dank, fool_of_sound.

He's gone.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Klaus88 posted:

See, stuff like the last page of discussion and the fact that the interface for dominions inspires this reaction:

Really means that its more fun for me to watch the game being played then to actually play the game.

:munch:

probably just make this one win

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hi anyone still reading this thread who

A) has made a meme

and

B) would like to play dominions four the thrones of ascension

should post in this thread to that effect. i will then use a sophisticated method involving a d6 to determine who wins the steam key.

Absum
May 28, 2013

samog is just samogging

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I did several memes of debatable quality! Pick me, dice.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
congratulations ramc, you get the code by virtue of no one else speaking up! regrettably, it is now time for you to play dominions four...

[give me your steam name]

Ramc
May 4, 2008

How bad could it be. My handle is Kirasect, though if you need the account name, that's ramcsteam. Not really sure which you'd need!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I can't find either of those things. Add me at my username sans underscores instead.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Sent, if you are the roaring lion face guy.

Edit: IT IS DONE

Ramc fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 4, 2015

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh my god this is even less intuitive than I had imagined.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

Oh my god this is even less intuitive than I had imagined.

Now try to get your pixel mans to cast spells and watch them kill themselves.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Donkringel posted:

Now try to get your pixel mans to cast spells and watch them kill themselves.

I keep selecting people to recruit, and it takes my money... but it is the next turn and where are they!?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Okay I think they are in the garrison? How do I get them ooout.

Edit: There. That wasn't very logical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ramc posted:

Okay I think they are in the garrison? How do I get them ooout.

Highlight them, then click on a commander.

• Locked thread