Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I have heard smatterings of it here and there, but what happened with Modpud? I get the idea the community isnt fond of her, but all I have seen is she ran her own successful LP, went ai in another LP she was game hosting, then started a discussion of Dom4 gender relations. Was that all it took?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

BurlapNapkin posted:

From the other side of the border this turn, what Baudin thought was a defensive buildup on my part was actually a barrier action against Thespookydanger. Elves in dominions have an ability called glamour, which gives them mirror images in combat, and makes them completely and utterly undetectable on the strategic map. They also get +65 stealth, so they can bypass outer provinces and go straight to besieging your forts, if they so chose.

With a neighbor like that, you have to be aware that they might try something if you don't show them a lot of army. So in this case since Thespookydanger hasn't been sounding particularly friendly, I've sent longdead and earthbound to patrol our border. My territory at this point is the same size as Baudin's (very small), so that front is also visible from Baudin's side.

Unfortunately, at this point Baudin's done a good job of diplomacy, acting like he wants to deal with the elf threat. So next turn is going to be a nasty surprise for me.

I cant wait to see it!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
That was actually a topic point in the old Dom 3 threads." Yes we know the game is expensive. Stfu talking about the game price."

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

Oh my god this is even less intuitive than I had imagined.

Now try to get your pixel mans to cast spells and watch them kill themselves.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

Okay I think they are in the garrison? How do I get them ooout.

Edit: There. That wasn't very logical.

Just buy province defense. They will automatically defend your province and replenish after each battle!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tevery Best posted:

That's not true. Something something Rainbowdash was killed by turkeys.

Peak Theorycrafting had a masterful command of everything in his nation, perfect planning, and perfect scripting. Fittingly, he lost because of starting on a secluded island without space for expansion and being blocked off by three neighbours - all things that cannot be theorycrafted ahead of time.

Ah yes, I remember that. That was one of my small LP contributions. A message going "Can't you outfit a thug with waterbreathing gear and start taking underwater provinces since you're stuck?"

:pirate:

Then when we caught up to the turn buffer, there were thugs going underwater!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

I'm down.

I am rooting for you.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I am so proud of you Ramc. I love how your strategy was "I guess I will find the winning strategy and do it."

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Ramc I vote that you continue to do small Lps in this thread.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Good writeups RAMC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Ramc, you should go take over Roland Jones thread as well.

• Locked thread