Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

im forevereal probated forums poster decrepus. i first got the internet when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "memes" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "epic fail" and "all your base are belong to us" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "meme" style humor dom4goons was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" memes to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Samog posted:

imo decrepus, as the world's foremost dominions meme expert, should also be a judge

I accept this nomination.

Decrepus posted:

im forevereal probated forums poster decrepus. i first got the internet when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "memes" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "epic fail" and "all your base are belong to us" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "meme" style humor dom4goons was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" memes to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

WOW! What a memes. This memes have changed my life. I vote for Decrepus for meme champion. Not even champion but meme Hero!!! What social justice people hope to achieve by being more and more offended..? Decrrepus has achieve all this and more with his mems. I have not taken the SATs but I'm sure it is similies and metaphores. Ever since I was a young boy I have pondered the origins of this progenitor meme and Decrepus with his especially exceptional memery has opened my mind and altered my life for the better. In conclusion I blierf that Decrepus should be award ed the 75% off Dominions4 WHICH FLIES IN THE FACE OF SCHRAPLENL GAMES POLICY OF SELLING GAMES FOR LESS THAN 70 AMERICAN DOLLARS!!!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 11, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TravelLog posted:

Is there any particular civilization, magic, or pretender he prefers? I just got interested in the game from the Dominion LPs so I"m curious as to what is considered best of the best.

He picks blood, he starts next to you, and there is nothing you can loving do about it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The Avvite great bows were able to single out and kill the salamanders and dragons from beyond the range of their fire magic, much like in game and in real life.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

lol remember that post that demonstated how a blood nation with level 2 blood research can kill huge armies using like 6 mages? That was a good post lol just kill them

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Samog posted:

the romans just unleash death twice now

wow, what happened to the days when you said samog was one of the best dominions players

The links between samog and good play are distant and tenuous at best.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If you aren't using Baalz guides you ain't much.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

im permabanned dom4 player kitfox88. i first started playing dominions when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "province defence" and tried to channel it constantly.

A good quote.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I could never get #montag to work. Either before, when I was completely retarded, or even now, as a mostly retarde.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I always use this example, but there was a game that was literally Good Guys versus Bad Guys. Even then some of the Good Guys designed their pretenders to better attack each other after the war rather than focus on killing the bad guys.

The Bad Guys won, unsurprisingly.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

There can only be one Pantokrator. Forming a team mid-game is bullsquash. NAPs, which everyone loves, expire, and when you say "Peace in our time" either ironically or unironically people understand that it doesn't necessarily carry any real weight. I have only made one NAP and broke it because I forgot I did (and then died) but have also had a ton of peace with people without agreeing to a NAP (and then dying). Or just make crazy province claims and wail on all of your neighbors until you die.

Basically I am bizzaro flavahbeast where I can't win am bad at diplo and have a limited understanding of my surroundings.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Also a good strategem is rather than spending your gems for national defense as you are being killed, instead send them to the enemy of the guy invading you. Tell him "all of his armies are in my land so he is really vulnerable" and they will usually agree to revenge you.

They were actually allies the whole time and are laughing about it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

my dad posted:

As someone who loves playing FFA turn based strategy games with diplomacy (but not Dominions because gently caress that pricetag), the answer to "be nice or be naughty" is "Depends on what your goal is and who you're playing with"

It goes in sale for 10 bux during holiday. Pick it up and be cool.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

It is cool being forced into peace with nuclearmonkee and Hatwer because you are sandwiched between both of them .

E: I have been forced into peace with nuclearmonkee in every game except one and in that I had my revenge (and died). I think every single game we've both in we have started next to each other.

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 15, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Take any advice jsoh says with a grain of salt because I found out that he runs complex simulations of games to find out the optimal poo poo. He basically uses his bitcoin mining rig for evil and will not play until he determines which of his simulacra has been unnaturally selected to win.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

It was very funny when she said that flavahbeast was an "alright" player when she was cheating the whole loving time.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

She is a rotten person through and though, real rap, some people are just hosed up like that, and some people are just partially hosed up, like samog for example.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I Love You! posted:

She got really drunk and accidentally admitted it to me

She also called this poster "I love you Xanadu" which is basically the most embarrassing thing of the whole episode and shames forums poster ilu to this day.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Look at this meme

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Hitlerretardbetrayed

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 24, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Caelum pd is great how the poor militia birdmen fly in and get shot in the back by their archers.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Maybe a nation attacked Lanka and Lanka got mad and quit the material realm.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Also go B9 for the kill you are self ability.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Hitlerretardbetrayed

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 7, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If anyone is wondering Neruz smokes a lot of pot.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 11, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Prepares for an counters enemy invasion. Loses in 1 turn to ponies who are his other neighbor.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

?sonshi

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

They are born horny.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Ramc posted:

I was under the impression the game was like zany expensive for a computer- paradox level- but it looks like it is 35 bucks on steam. Am I missing something here?

It has gone down to $5 iirc during holiday sales.

e: I paid $70 for Dom 3

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Did you not have good evos researched? Mages survive all of the time with Cast Spells orders and I only REALLY remember seeing it with someone like Mictlan where the priest can only cast bless, casts it, and then runs in since he's got no other poo poo to do.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

B) would like to play dominions four the thrones of ascension

Ramc posted:

How bad could it be.

Ownde.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Being gifted a copy of dom4 is like finding a cursed item in dom4 irl.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It will randomly declare war on you

Nuclearmonkee I can say with 100% certainty this is not true and would like to point you to a game that I once played in

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I have never heard of such a thing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Ramc posted:

EASUCKS
Mictlan allies with Van in this war earning the title 'hitler retard betrayer' from some and Hinnom and Lanka turn harshly on Mictlan for this

Mortality clarified in a single post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Where are his 50 gems of gear?

• Locked thread