Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Libluini posted:

Another weird interaction is summoning for commanders: You can only ever summon one commander per spell. The command for telling Dominions 4 how many monsters you want per spell just flat out won't work if you tell the spell to summon a monster as a commander.

Hi I decided to read this thread after a while so I know this was a few pages ago but I wanted to comment on this briefly.

The mod tools are really wonky but can do a lot of things, and you can certainly make a single spell make multiple commanders... though not technically. How I would do it is this: if you want it to create a bunch of different commanders, I would make dummy spells summoning additional commanders, one at a time, but make sure those spells are uncastable and have them "attached" to each other via #nextspell. Attach the first in the chain to the actual spell you want mages to cast. #nextspell actually seems to be how the spells that summon a commander + a lot of normal units work, like say Olm Conclave, and explains the purpose of dummy uncastable spells you can find in mod inspector like "10 Great Olms".

If you wanted to summon a larger number of the same commander, you could do it the above way, or you could get tricksy and have it create an autonomous event and make sure the ritual has a range of 0, and use something like #2com or #4com to give the owner of the province that many commanders via an event. The problem with getting tricksy like this is that if you cast it from a besieged fort I'm pretty sure the besieging army would actually be the one that gets the commanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread