Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Kurieg posted:

X6 is better than X7. Honestly if X6 didn't have the nightmare system it would be a decent game, and the Blade armor is still one of my favorite non-ultimate armors.

But the nightmare system just makes all the mandatory revisits into a painful slog.

X6 also had some really dodgy level design with the reploids you have to save, and the bosses weren't great either. I didn't hate it though.

Also, the last of Ryu's moves in Street Fighter is the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku. It's pronounced pretty much as it's written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I can't not hear this in the Crush Crawfish level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYWx3vAFi98

I always thought it was like the first Power Rangers theme once it actually kicked in.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
The Doppler healing field that he does only heals when you attack him during it. It seems like ometimes (or on some enemies), the Beam Sabre does half a bar in one hit, at others it does the same damage but in multiple chunks. If Doppler is hit then does the healing field, he'll take the first bit of damage but the rest will heal him.

Just don't attack him while the green energy is up and you'll be fine.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I think the "fight Zero" line is in reference to the end of X2 where it suggests that Zero is Dr. Wily's creation, and the outright admission in X4 that is indeed the case. Also it's been a long time since I've played X5 but I think you do fight your partner in one of the Sigma stages so it does eventually pan out.

You do. At the end of each of the first three final stages, you fight versions of bosses from previous Megaman games - Black Devil and Rangda Bangda in stages 1 and 2, and in stage 3 you fight your partner in a few forms depending on which Eurasia scenario you got. The background of that stage is a pretty big hint too. Thinking about it, X5's story is really pretty grim.

Also, there's even more proof that Zero is Wily's creation even before X4. At the end of the arcade game Megaman: The Power Fighters 2, if you beat the game with Bass, he wrecks up Wily's fortress and tells Wily to stop getting in his way. Wily tells Bass that his creation was a fluke, and that while he has the strongest energy in him, a new robot he's developing will be the strongest ever. Video is here if you want to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-byDNFnfak

• Locked thread