Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Back when this came out, I actually found it extraordinarily difficult and never actually finished it until years later, when I had already completed X4 and X5.
(edited: screw my opinion, after completely watching your vid and the awesome cheesing of Buffalo and Seahorse, I now realize that my assumption is wrong and this might be one of the easier installments)

Regarding Bit and Byte on your character introductions, I know they're the obligatory "right-hand men", but the title of Nightmare Police makes them sound a helluvalot more badass than they actually are.

Digital Jello fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I think Bit and Byte move from level to level depending on which robot masters you take out, similar to the X Hunters in the last game but now you can't see where they are. Also you alluded to it in the video, but you can "kill" the random bosses by using their weaknesses to deal the final blow. This actually changes some of the boss fights in the fortress gauntlet, and if you don't kill our mysterious rival you get locked out of an item. I don't think killing Bit or Byte changes anything other than one boss, but you should definitely keep them both alive because the boss you fight if you do looks badass.

Actually, in my opinion, leaving them all around nets some cooler boss fights later on in the fortress, compared to the substitutes. It's a cool little mechanic on what you want to do, but at the same time, they're both worth seeing at least once.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Wait, X3 has a Street Fighter move too? I thought only X and X2 did that :raise:

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Ah, got it. I didn't remember that was all.

• Locked thread