Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Trying out Cookie Clicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That I got into games like Quake, CS, and fighting games 10-20 years after they started.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I missed out on the entire PSX era because I spent something like $400 of my paper route money on a Sega Saturn instead of waiting a few months and getting a PlayStation.

Seemed like a good idea at the time because I'd had a Master System and Genesis and those were both good, and Sony was an unknown quantity in gaming at that point, but it looks pretty bad in retrospect.

runner-up would be returning an unopened copy of Goldeneye that I got for Christmas with my N64 so that I could get Bomberman 64 instead.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parker Lewis posted:

I missed out on the entire PSX era because I spent something like $400 of my paper route money on a Sega Saturn instead of waiting a few months and getting a PlayStation.

Seemed like a good idea at the time because I'd had a Master System and Genesis and those were both good, and Sony was an unknown quantity in gaming at that point, but it looks pretty bad in retrospect.

runner-up would be returning an unopened copy of Goldeneye that I got for Christmas with my N64 so that I could get Bomberman 64 instead.

the saturn was epic imo

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Fallen Earth, Warhammer Online, Star Trek Online - basically - being gullible and buying into the "next big MMO" before launch.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Not locking down my daily routine to focus on being the best I could be instead of just obsessing over the game when the universe told me I could have gone pro in CS 1.6 at age 15 after I locked down a pistol round 1v3 CT vs T against funded pro-team coL during the CAL Intermediate season play-off and my team and I lost the match by one or two rounds.

METATERREN fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 6, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

METATERREN posted:

Not locking down my daily routine to focus on being the best I could be instead of just obsessing over the game when the universe told me I could have gone pro in CS 1.6 at age 15 after I locked down a pistol round 1v3 CT vs T against funded pro-team coL during the CAL Intermediate season play-off and my team and I lost the match by one or two rounds.

Uh, yeah dude. Look I'm gonna be late for a thing, so.. yeah.. take it easy.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
grinding mounts in wow

I mean c'mon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

there was a time in Games where someone could call you out for piracy if you posted about playing a game before release and you had to post a picture of your receipt or youd get banned

Wish I'd read games then and I coulda saved some money

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parker Lewis posted:

Bomberman 64 was way better than Goldeneye.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I didn't realize amiibos are cool until recently, so I missed out on a lot of the early ones that will never see the light of day again.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Buying skyrim at release

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

Bomberman 64 was way better than Goldeneye.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SombereroLad posted:

Buying skyrim at release
Heavily Modded Regret.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i left my clamshell Gameboy SP on a plane

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

;__;

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

HolePisser1982 posted:

someone left a pokemon nyc edition gba on the bus and i asked around and nobody claimed it so i took it

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I always wonder what life would be like if I had bought Kirby 64 instead of Super Smash Bros. and Paper Mario instead of Mario Party 3.

I guess I just liked to have friends over to play games often.

e: I have no gaming regrets.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 7, 2015

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

woofbro posted:

e: I have no gaming regrets.

now that is a life well lived

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Playing Dark Souls, watching countless hours of streams and speedrunning it myself.

I can barely play video games normal anymore. I need to min/max and stuff. It ruined gaming for me forever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

RIP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My GBA SP is still in my closet with a GBC copy of Mario Tennis in the game slot. I bet it still has a charge, that's probably the finest portable console made still

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

My GBA SP is still in my closet with a GBC copy of Mario Tennis in the game slot. I bet it still has a charge, that's probably the finest portable console made still
I liked the original DS best because of its backwards compatibility, and I thought it fit my hands better than the SP.

I didn't like the DS Lite though.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

In Training posted:

I loved my SP, but was broke when the DS came out and traded it in to afford the upgrade.

I regret it terribly

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Pumprag posted:

Kickstarting Barkley 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont know what happened to my original giant brick Game Boy or my copy of Namco Museum Vol 3, im sure i just sold them or gave them to friends and that wouldnt bother me, but it really annoys me that i cant remember

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i preordered Saint's Row: The Third Collector's Edition that came with the autotune headset
it didn't even come with batteries for the drat thing and the game sucked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not a Children posted:

I loved my SP, but was broke when the DS came out and traded it in to afford the upgrade.

I regret it terribly

youre av is amking me really horny lol.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

i had my sp in boarding school so that motherfucker has some battle scars

my only gaming regret is that it didn't occur to me to see if my bros wanted to play those 4p gamecube games with the gba controller bullshit until my senior year because they did and we had a blast. i graduated before we finished four swords adventures. we finished crystal chronicles though so i can't say it's a very big regret

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Doctor Goat posted:

someone left a pokemon nyc edition gba on the bus and i asked around and nobody claimed it so i took it

I knew you gently caress up eventually buddy. I have track your IP, find you in your shitload of gently caress like basement, and beat your God forsaken rear end into the dust with a flick a my wrist. And then I'll have my gba back.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQYdcRqG1Kk

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Im sorry, to contribute, my biggest gaming regret now is that I donwload too many VN to cleanly practically categorize into Hentai and Non-Hentai. 恥ずかしい......!!!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
youre gonna have to track it down because someone gave me a $600 desktop for it even though they were like $80 on ebay at the time. this is your da vinci code

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

youre gonna have to track it down because someone gave me a $600 desktop for it even though they were like $80 on ebay at the time. this is your da vinci code

My biggest gaming regret is onec again the loss of my specialty GBA.

ninja edit: Please ignore the Ice Cube embed because it is no longer appropriate.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 7, 2015

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I regret how much Ninja cop kicks rear end and is the best game on the Gba SP

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Brink

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The exact moment in time when I knew to stop trusting pre-release threads was playing this game.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
preordered ra3 special edition with Australian pricing
dirge of Cerberus
preordered empire total war, again with aus pricing and I'd never played a total war game before and I still don't understand them

things I don't regret yet:
portal 2 lead-up golden potato
steam emote inventory worth > $200

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

cool biRd pics posted:

steam emote inventory worth > $200

a worthwhile investment, they can only go up in value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006