Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A.

Then steal their souls with the phone's Instagram app. "Do you want to live forever? You work for me now."

Edit: I mean take a photo of them. Don't actually steal their souls.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
E, if they know we can do things but don't know what we can do they'll think we can do anything.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
They'll think we run an army that numbers in the millions many lots

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B. See if we've gained any powers aside from universal speech translation.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I trust you spider! H

Hum the spiderman theme song while we pretend to choose a spirit animal.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A! The spider told me to assault a douchebag wearing a dead animal and God drat I ain't screwing this up

Let's play by the books until we can crush that eight legged freak under our sensible work shoes.

Also, that was the most epic verbal beat down I've ever heard from an arachnid on an owl. Thankyou.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C, F

Let's try and skip a few tech levels. Tool use will impress them the most. Check out the new compound bow chucklefucks.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
F.

Also introduce the concept of eternity and nihilism.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
One thing we can do is introduce the neighbouring tribe to the concept of alcohol and rule them through vice.

^+1 Krieger

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Keep a lookout for metallic rocks. If we play our cards right we could skip parts of the bronze age.

Also, try and get ourselves some neolithic strange.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 14, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

FJK:

We have lots and lots of clay. We have wood. We have copper. Let's make a small forge, clay-oven or kiln.

Basically shape lots of clay into a big hollow mound, put some sticks in the bottom and something you want to warm up at the top.
Test it out with making some ceramics at first, don't proceed to use our precious copper until we know it will at least probably work.

Also remember we can use clay-moulds to make sharp metal tools etc.

This is the best thing we can do to advance the tribe. Ask some of the younger tribesmen to help. If we can get them onside we can cut off any thoughts of cutting off of our head.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Can we see the southern cross or orions belt? The latter should be visible even that far back in time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Well gently caress. Either we're far back in time, post apocalypse on another planet or in a different universe. Or we're a dumbass who knows nothing about astronomy.

So process of elimination.

Can't be more than 130,000 years ago because we hadn't evolved. And the stars should

Next time the boys bring back a dead something have a poke through the entrails and look for extra/wierd organs (I assume we know how many hearts, lungs, livers etc an animal has). If we're questioned about what we're doing say 'divining the future'. If they ask us what the verdict is say 'there will be dinner tonight'.

Edit: OK looks like constellations can move quite a bit over 50,000 so I guess we're probably back in time. Still, check the animal guts just in case there's unreliable narrator shenanigans going on.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 18, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arkanomen posted:

As a side note I will not unreliable narrate you, I will simply present the world as Johnson sees it. I'm not out to trick you.

On the astronomy side, the Shaman did mention that the Chief does have to travel down river to do something in the ruins of "man-beast" village every time there is a lunar eclipse which happened at least every other month which strikes you as very odd as total lunar eclipses don't happen very often.

Johnson is kind of a dumbfuck so that could mean anything. But point taken. This ain't earth history 1.0.

Prediction: There's a tribe of Neanderthals and the shaman is getting getting some cross genetic strange on the sly. Tell him we want to come with and help baby up his master race.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Chief/shaman whatever. I know he's grappling with the beast with two backs once a month.

Sure, head down stream to 'look for more rocks'.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I - get that copper happening. That's the single greatest thing we could do for them.
K - clay work is super imperative to copper working. Plus we can earn a value skill in the meantime

Also devote a bit of time to teaching people maths and such.

What programs do we have on the laptop?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arkanomen posted:

Basic accounting programs, office, some games. None of it matters as the battery is pretty much dead.

Play one last game of solitaire.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I will fight you.

V:You people are voting wrong.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 20, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ok Spiderman, What should I be teaching them? Gunpowder and missiles are still quite a long way to go. I'm thinking bow and crossbows and copper armor. Anything else you want me to be doing? You must have been scheming something when you asked me to choose you, and as long as it doesn't involve genocide or inventing bronies I'm down.

^^: Fuckit. That to

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Put it back on the tree, tell him maybe some other time (this is how you haggle).

Plan MoreDorr. Lets see how ancient, powerful necromancer crocodiles put up against cannons and phosphorous bombs and napalm. Let someone else rule the tribe while we Jafar in the background.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

LowellDND posted:

Proposal to the thread: Mine instead of farm, make weapons, attack ASAP.

Kekekeke

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Nerd! Neeeeeeeerrrrrrd! Copper knives and arrowheads. Let's go baby steps until they can invent their own crimes against humanity. (assuming they're human).

Also, we should hook up with dreadlock leaf.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ase-ehat? Willow bark?

Vv: honestly don't know what you're talking about and I've had juuust enough to drink not to care.... But I do think we should encourage our tribe members to tech up and lead/advise them on a genocidal campaign of domination down River

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 21, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
F, we can accomplish most of that poo poo on our own and we want to see how things go work before we upset the balance. (also we're haggling and making spiderdude think we do t want him, because accountants yo) ...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Jesus Lowell.

My two lines of planning involves hooking up with some neolithic chicks and now murdering some undead crocodiles with superior technology.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

No, we need to make friends with the undead crocodiles and steal their superior technology!

If they have it sure. But if it's magic we should stamp it out. Magic does not exist and I am angry that they are using it.

vv: That sounds fine to me. I'm willing to compromise.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 22, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
1.get it ooooon!

DFI. Learn how to fight, it's going to happen at some point. Integrate ourselves with the craftsmen, they are our biggest allies if they accept us. Get that copper tech going.

Also, go to the sculptors and do the humility thing then yell them about copper, and if they help us smelt it we will give them something they can turn into art that will survive for generations to come. Then go to the hunters and tell them about metal knives, and if they find any copper rocks bring them back. Management 101: delegate, but make them think we're doing them all the favours and they'll love us for it.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 22, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arkanomen posted:

A handful of clay is about a 1/4 of a lbs. So you have about 575 lbs of clay, which is a decent amount. Keep in mind they have to dig it out of a quickly freezing riverbed using only sticks and stone tools, then drag it by sled back to camp. The weather is going to start impacting the tribes ability to hunt and gather soon.

You know there are wolves. The men of nets love close to the grasslands and hunt many strange beasts. Your tribe hunts deer, elk, mountain goats and various little game critters like rabbits and woodchucks. Rumor speaks of terrible beasts that roam the swamps and the desert on the other side of the mountains. Creatures that tower over men, spit fire and digesting bile, some things that even eat into your skull and make you their puppet. There isn't much to do around the campfire but tell stories.

Tell campfire stories about the terrifying beasts that live in the Monster Manual where we're from.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
EIK

Get copper happening

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Obviously we didn't puppet hard enough.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Fish traps will work if we can get the weaving people to fix one up. I can picture the design without resorting to wikipedia (it's a football shape with a hole in it, with another inverted funnel inside to stop them escaping). Super easy to make (relatively) and require very little effort to use (bait and a rope plus go do something else).

If we got someone who can weave poo poo to help us it would take a morning/day at most effort to get a working prototype.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I might be simpler to invent dynamite

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I think we're going to get more tech advancements if we get a group of 'inventors' from a few other the social groups and give them each a project. Explain how each item works and take a supervisor role. Our strength is what's in our brain, actually implementing it is probably going to easier if we have some competent people helping us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

There Bias Two posted:

Am I the only player who wants to stop with the constant tech improvements for a little while? I'd rather learn about what's going on in this place before making changes. Why did this have to immediately turn into a game of Civ?

This isn't Civ, it's a different game where we hunker down for the winter and rise up in the spring with caribou fat fueled flamethrowers. Pew Pew Pew.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

LowellDND posted:

This is my BOOM stick!
Those are my longbow men!
That is my Johnson flame cannon!

Give me your poo poo, right now.

Here are some blankets.

Ftfy

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Those are our books. Everything is.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Were we reincarnation like that? Would we have memories of other people?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

LowellDND posted:

Oh god I can't stop I have 14 pages/2000 words of notes :negative:

Wtf man. Don't you have updates to write?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Yeah, leave fighting to people who aren't office workers. Our skills are knowledge and logistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

paragon1 posted:

Maybe if we make life in our tribe awesome enough other tribes will want to be our friends, so that they can figure out how we got all that cool poo poo.

So we're back to brewing again. I'm down.

• Locked thread