Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
My addition:

"What's your Name?"
Krieger 409490725-1987B

"What did you do for a living?"
Fight the Emperor's wars.

"Pick five everyday things would you take with you on an sudden adventure."
Lasgun, flak armour, gas mask, Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, two week's corpse starch rations.

"What was your Childhood dream?"
To serve the God-Emperor.

"What did you fear most?"
Failure in His eyes.

"How did you die?"
Torn in half by angry ork.

Current vote: FE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The Imperial Guard always has room for more bodies :getin:

Hope this CYOA is as accommodating

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I swear this one was unplanned.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B: Try to fix things with the younger folks.
E: We need a roof on our head before winter.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Plan MORE DOOR!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
They robbed the ribbon tree! We must avenge our ghostbros! WAAAAGH!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If someone ends up giving birth to spiderman that would so obviously end up getting blamed on us. Infertility, well, that's common enough to be deniable.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I'd be willing to take the current deal, if he can offer proper assurances about none of the inevitable bad poo poo being blameable on us.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Know what Mordor really needs? PHOSGENE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosgene

Every good CYOA needs indiscriminate use of sarin.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

phosgene is a lot easier to make than sarin

A start is a start, not a destination :colbert:

Arkanomen posted:

"Buddy, look I just need the cloth. One or two at least. I don't have any plans, honest. Just some good natured fun. Humans have a much better sense of humor than those scaly jerks. You'll be fine, more so if you hand over that insignificant chunk of cloth."

Give him the cloth or two, don't cut down the tree yet. Can't have everything at once, can we?

LowellDND posted:

How we combine those in a jar is left as an exercise to the reader.

Both are heavier than air. We have clay pots. We can jiggle around with making a wide thingy we produce them under. Or maybe a leather reverse balloon type thing of some sort?

Waci fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 21, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

We won't have enough time to do this in one lifetime I think.

Lives can be long. There may be others. We can work very fast with out friend here.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Hey spider, how mad will the shaman and the rest of the tribe be if they found out we gave you the worthless cloth?

Part of the deal is he makes sure they don't.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B. We will be the Saruman that should have been, with the magic of accountancy.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

10/10 would build Mordor again.

I assume we have enough food to make it through the winter?

edit: It's not part of the core plan, but I think the artisans could do some fun things with glass/eye glasses/telescopes.

Depends on just how bad the hunting is during the winter. I wonder why the tribe doesn't seem to fish at all. We should probably ask? If we have copper, we can make simple hooks, too. Fish rarely fly south for the winter.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Fishing nets: American Native Indians on the Columbia River wove seine nets from spruce root fibers or wild grass, again using stones as weights. For floats they used sticks made of cedar which moved in a way which frightened the fish and helped keep them together... Egyptian rope dates back to 4000 to 3500 BC and was generally made of water reed fibers. Other rope in antiquity was made from the fibers of date palms, flax, grass, papyrus, leather, or animal hair. Rope made of hemp fibres was in use in China from about 2800 BC.

A fishing weir, fish weir, fishgarth[1] or kiddle is an obstruction placed in tidal waters, or wholly or partially across a river, to direct the passage of fish. A weir may be used to trap fish such as salmon as they attempt to swim upstream, or eels as they migrate downstream. Alternatively, fish weirs can be used to channel fish to a particular location, such as to a fish ladder. Weirs were traditionally built from wood or stones. The use of fishing weirs as fish traps dates back prior to the emergence of modern humans, and have since been used by many societies across the world.
Yes please. We have a river nearby, I think a weir would be a great way to contribute to food supply, and fish is very easy to preserve so it could even help with the winter stockpile.

Lowell posted:

Ice storage: In 400 BC Iran, Persian engineers had already mastered the technique of storing ice in the middle of summer in the desert. The ice was brought in during the winters from nearby mountains in bulk amounts, and stored in specially designed, naturally cooled refrigerators, called yakhchal (meaning ice storage). This was a large underground space (up to 5000 m³) that had thick walls (at least two meters at the base) made of a special mortar called sārooj, composed of sand, clay, egg whites, lime, goat hair, and ash in specific proportions, and which was known to be resistant to heat transfer. This mixture was thought to be completely water impenetrable.The space often had access to a qanat, and often contained a system of windcatchers which could easily bring temperatures inside the space down to frigid levels on summer days. The ice was used to chill treats for royalty.
Not worth it yet. Leave the luxury goods for later.

Lowell posted:

A qanāt (Arabic: قناة‎, Persian: کاریز/ قنات) is a gently sloping underground channel with a series of vertical access shafts, used to transport water from an aquifer under a hill. Qanāts create a reliable supply of water for human settlements and irrigation in hot, arid, and semi-arid climates. The qanat technology is known to have been developed by the Persian people sometime in the early 1st millennium BC, and seen in the fourth millennium BC, and spread from there slowly westward and eastward.[1][2][3][4][5][6]
We're not in an arid area. Unnecessary.

Lowell posted:

A windcatcher (Persian: بادگیر‎ bādgir: bād "wind" + gir "catcher", Arabic: ملقف ‎malqaf [1][2]) is a traditional Persian architectural element to create natural ventilation in buildings.[3] Windcatchers come in various designs: uni-directional, bi-directional, and multi-directional. Windcatchers remain present in many countries and can be found in traditional Persian-influenced architecture throughout the Middle East, including in the small Arab states of the Persian Gulf (mostly Bahrain and Dubai[4]), Pakistan, and Afghanistan.[5]
Again, why would we?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
You don't need to sit around to fish with nets though?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

There Bias Two posted:

Why did this have to immediately turn into a game of Civ?

Because that's what most of the players who bother voting on things seem to want?

GloriousDemon posted:

This week I'll concede to the cart and wheel, next week should be salt so we have food stores to survive the winter.

Smoking, drying, or freezing would be way easier than trying to find significant amounts of salt.

Waci fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 25, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
No wasting questions.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Without admitting anything, can we find some castor bean plants?

We're in way the wrong kind of climate for that, though I do love the idea.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

paragon1 posted:

Ah okay, I should have realized that by reading what you posted more closely. I thought you were suggesting something like coating all our weapons in a sorta-fast acting toxin.

This was also discussed in IRC.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Can we capture a wasp nest? We could breed them for aggressiveness and toxicity and use them as a terror weapon.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Please do not diss carapace.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Can we breed hyper-aggressive loons?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Plead for divine aid in the form of confused apes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Pew pew motherfucker

• Locked thread