Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Gonna miss Bad Machinery but also sorry the Mystery Boys turned into worthless idiots before the end. Every character's always had traits to laugh at, but Jack and Linton especially became consistent punchlines and actively harmful to every investigation :( why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I would be at least 23x more interested in Lottie vs. Robert Cop than more Shelly retellings and Des Fishman.

feetnotes fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 2, 2017

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Why does John Allison hate us, and want us to suffer?

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

Who's Natalie, again?

Ryan's French ex-love interest, ex- because she was...burned to death? By, I think the same busybody old ladies that run a competing antique store to Amy's in bad machinery but i'm not 100% on that

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

We already know Shelley and Tim break up and he starts graying and gets a rockabilly haircut within a few months of these events so... I'm not sure where this is going.

Actually she's been pregnant for over 2 years now ...and that comic takes place after Eustace's funeral but he just came back with Erin, so I don't actually know where in the timeline is "now" or how far ahead we've seen.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Yeah but like, within the comic's logic, isn't getting a human sized body a major personal decision that affects your mobility, how society sees you and stuff?

In real life, it CAN be a major problem for people if they can't afford like, a prosthetic leg or hormone therapy, for example. But it'd be pointlessly cruel to be a dick to someone who CAN afford such things, and insist that they should go on living without them.

Eh, I'm thinking way harder about this than Jepp ever did

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

key party favors posted:

I get that like, change equals loss, and it's natural to lament that loss...

It's often much harder on the artist than the reader. However...

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Tim sucks and is irresponsible and careless, but Riley did banish him from their marriage, their house and the country. And told Ryan not to let him stay in their house, forcing him to isolation in the woods where Shelley scooped him up.

I actually don't know if I'm supposed to have sympathy for any of the characters at this point. Except the mystery boys, who no longer exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Wait, rereading THAT storyline, it turns out that Riley already served Tim divorce papers a long time ago. And also that Shelley confessed her love for him, which means it wasn't supposed to just be a casual friends-with-benefits thing at all. I remain confused.

Well, we knew this breakup was coming. And we also know Tim will still be hanging around doing yardwork in several months' time, when Shelley is bigger. He doesn't have a white streak in his hair yet, so something's going to happen there. And this stuff happens before the last Bad Machinery case, but by the end of it Shelley is still pregnant and now maybe living with Erin, who came back from Hell and then Tackleford Limbo.

I'm guessing the "end" will be when this drat baby finally gets born. And if he gets the urge to bring the old characters back again, I hope we get the gritty Linton reboot where he's become a private detective, using his old mystery-solving skills, is at odds with his by-the-book cop dad and new protege Robert Cop, and has frequent dame trouble.

• Locked thread