Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:ghost:

Come on town, you gots this!

:ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Claim cop or forever hold your peace.

I'm dropping both votes on PMom soon.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm leaning towards pmom too but I'm going to wait until I awaken tomorrow and reread before I vote. Better to not sleep with a vote up this late in the game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its not pmom I'm pretty sure.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You shouldn't misdunk me, imo.

I'm voting for scum, join me~

##vote samfu

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Samfu is still alive???

How can this be?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

You shouldn't misdunk me, imo.

I'm voting for scum, join me~

##vote samfu

I'll get behind this

##vote sam

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

LJ, this post right here is why I'm not scum.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nah, I'm making you angry to make vigging me unfeasible.

Scum is going to bus drive me and another townie. If you vig me, a townie that isn't me is going to die. :angel:

If I'm scum and there's a bus driver, I don't try to convince you to not vig me: I want you to vig me.

If I'm scum with Lumpen, I don't care: I know you're getting role blocked.

If I'm town, I'm trying to stop you from making a mistake.

The post makes sense as scum if I'm not with Lumpen and there's no bus driver, but then you have to explain how Diq ended up with the harpoon.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Pinterest Mom posted:

LJ, this post right here is why I'm not scum.

If I'm scum and there's a bus driver, I don't try to convince you to not vig me: I want you to vig me.

If I'm scum with Lumpen, I don't care: I know you're getting role blocked.

If I'm town, I'm trying to stop you from making a mistake.

The post makes sense as scum if I'm not with Lumpen and there's no bus driver, but then you have to explain how Diq ended up with the harpoon.

That does nothing for me. It felt like you were trying to get me to shoot you against my better judgment so you could swap it. On top of that, you lied earlier when you said you thought I was good for the last two days because that's not at all reflected in your posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I didn't lie at all. I don't make that post if I think you're scum, and that was two game days ago.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Blech.

I'm starting to think that Hiip is insane and we should lynch fv.

PMom- convince me to lynch outside of you/fv/Hiip today.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Like, I just ISOed PMom and that actually does kind of match up (thinking I was good for the last two days), even though I super didn't remember it that way.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I just don't know why you're told to assume you're sane if you are. Is that a common thing here?

I'd probably lynch Lumpen today.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We're not killing Hiip. His cop claim is credible and lines up with his behaviour, and a scum fakeclaiming doesn't undermine his own claim with the scum result on BK.

FV I'm not sure about, I haven't reread her. I'm on mobile all weekend so it's hard :-/.

I'm pretty confident that Sam flips scum. He's been very sketchy all game.

(And, on a pure numbers level, if you, Hiip, and QPQ are town, there are probably ~3 scum + 1 sk out of Sam/Sam/Lumpen/Pig/FV/Hal. That's good odds.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Killing f_v means we're all in on "insane cop", but framer is just as plausible a theory. I'm not sure that's wise. We'd need to believe that fv's posting has been scummy (I don't think she's been cased?) and that BK was an unlikely frame target N2.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Okay I took a walk near the water and I think I can lay out the argument against killing me or f_v out a bit more clearly.

We know Hiip has unreliable results.
BK wasn't a miller.
f_v isn't a godfather.

So that means one of three things are true
1. Insane cop. I'm town, f_v is scum.
2. Framer. BK was framed, I was framed. I'm town, f_v is town.
3. Framer. BK was framed. I'm scum, f_v is town.

I know 3 isn't true. f_v presumably knows that 1 isn't true if she's town.

We don't have a lot of townies left. Unless we dunk correctly today, I think we're relying on the SK night kills and lj's vigs being used properly to win the game. We can't afford to dunk townies in order to test a theory.

If you dunk me, I'm going to flip town. That rules out option 3. You still won't know if f_v is scum, because either 1 or 2 could still be true. Same with f_v: if she flips town, either 2 or 3 could be true, and I could still be scum or town. Dunking either of us based on an unreliable result doesn't even serve to test which theory is true - it's potentially sacrificing a townie without even telling us more info about what's loving with Hiip's results. What we need are more results from Hiip - if he gets a result on someone else tomorrow, we'll have a better idea of what's going on (say: a scum result on lj tells us insane, a town result on lj tells us framer.) Scum have a lot of targets tonight: lj for her pearl, the cop, the SK, so it's very possible hiip makes it through.

We have to dunk outside of me or f_v. QPQ, Hiip, and lj aren't on the table. I don't want to do Hal, Pig, or SamV (largely because they've all been cautious about immediately voting me, and they're not as scummy as the remaining two people.) That leaves Samfu and Lumpen as people I'd vote.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm at the lake visiting family this weekend, so limited access.

##vote Pinterest Mom
PM has spun WIFOM hard, but the evidence, patterns, and connections are there to support the investigation result. With a Scum investigation, it would be really dumb to flip anyone else today.

If PMom as Scum talks his way out of the noose and wins the game after getting a Scum result on him, mad props. I'm not falling for it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lumpen posted:

I'm at the lake visiting family this weekend, so limited access.

##vote Pinterest Mom
PM has spun WIFOM hard, but the evidence, patterns, and connections are there to support the investigation result. With a Scum investigation, it would be really dumb to flip anyone else today.

If PMom as Scum talks his way out of the noose and wins the game after getting a Scum result on him, mad props. I'm not falling for it.

Tell me about the scum result on BK. What do you think it means?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(I only ask because your entire contribution today has been to draw spurious connections between unflipped players, and you seem completely uninterested or unconcerned about Hiip's result.)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Spin your own WIFOM, PMom. What scenario would we need to accept as likely in order to dismiss a Scum investigation on Scummy player, from a believable uncounterclaimed Ckp that Ecco said was Sane in his PM? That's a stretch.

I'll humor you, though. It stands to reason the BK was Framed. But unfortunately for you, that doesn't get you off the hook, and here's why: Assuming BK got Framed, the logical Frame target last night would have been me. Rarity already said she was going to use the Pearl power to investgate with, and she had telegraphed her target as me, and I expect I probably was the actual Frame target last night, but the Cop checked you instead.

Given the evidence we now have,Rarity probably got killed by the SK rather than the Scum, because the Scum would have Framed me and left her alive to doublevote me on a false result.

There's no reasonable likelihood that PMom would be the target of a Frame last night. The Cop result is a fair catch.

Caught Scum will grasp at any straws to sow doubt. You've played a Scum game for 78 pages. I'm confident you'll flip Scum. You're trying hard, though and I respect you for that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well, here's the thing: You weren't the frame target because you're scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 4 Votecount :c:

Pinterest Mom (3): LJ, Hiip, Samfu, -LJ, Lumpen

Samfucius (2): PMom, CPig

:h: With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Monday, September 7th, ~11PM EDT. NOTE: I recognize this is a holiday for Americans. If Monday rolls around and it looks like not enough people are around then I'll extend the deadline by 24 hours.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I think I've decided I don't like our LLs.

##vote Lumpen
##vote QPQ

I want to see which feels better.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

They both feel pretty good.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just reread QPQ and I still think he's a really bad vote. His case on you was good, and I feel he's followed about the same path and reasoning on you as I did. "Lumpen calls him town" isn't a good enough to kill someone who has had good, reasonable and sensical content + was very early on the TMM bandwagon + that TMM kept trying to get dunked.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I am having a wonderful labor day weekend, I hope you are too. I still see no good reason to mistrust the cop results, I have a hard time rationalizing why we would ignore it at a potential lylo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The reason why people don't trust the cop results is that BottleKnight was investigated as scum and flipped town.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I get that, but I thought we got a nexus explanation?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Phone posting from a tram in Melbourne. So cold! But not redneck central!

Is there any reason why BK couldn't have been bus driven instead of framed? I looked back at D2 and I don't really see much reason to frame him. The only person who really talked about him was merk and he certainly didn't get a lot of votes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's a good question. Did the investigation say "BottleKnight is scum" or did it say "Your target is scum"? (or some synonym of scum)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

SirSamVimes posted:

That's a good question. Did the investigation say "BottleKnight is scum" or did it say "Your target is scum"? (or some synonym of scum)

you got a scum result on bk

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
That's not very Ecco. Any flavor text, any of the nights? The exact wording may be helpful, even though you can't copy and paste. Can you see any PM-based reason to doubt your reads (other than BK's flip)?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think the bus driver was on me last night. Rarity/Mithross, both pretty much confirmed town, seems to indicate that the SK was bus driven to one of them.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
so I'm just going to ask this question not knowing if it's a bad one, what if we no-lynched since we're at an even number rn and I'd like to get another cop result?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

HiipFire posted:

so I'm just going to ask this question not knowing if it's a bad one, what if we no-lynched since we're at an even number rn and I'd like to get another cop result?

If we no dunk with the explicit intention to get more results from you, doesn't that just mean you get night killed?

Meanwhile we're down 1-2 townies, and if the scum redirect lj or SK's kill to lj, the pearl gets dropped.

It's got no upside because you're not making it through the night (and our watcher's gone), and the worst case scenario is really bad for us.

At least if we dunk Lumpen or Sam, then I'm a realistic NK candidate, lj is a realistic candidate, and you are, so you might make it through.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

HiipFire posted:

With 10 currently alive, it's 6 to lynch.

No-Lynch Best Case Scenario: LJ 'poons a Scum, SK kills a Scum, Scum kill SK, Hiip investigates a Scum, it'd be 1 Cop-caught Scum vs 6 Town, 4 Votes to lynch, easy win.
No-Lynch Worst Case Scenario: LJ 'poons Town, SK and Scum kill Hiip and LJ, leaving 3 Scum, an SK, 3 Town, with the Pearl loose, 4 to lynch. Scum grab pearl and lynch the SK, clinching the numbers to endgame the Town at night.

Lynch Best Case: Lynch Scum, LJ 'poons Scum, SK kills Scum, Scum kill SK, Town wins.
Lynch Worst Case: Lynch Town, LJ 'poons Town, SK kills Town, Scum kill Town, 6 alive 4 to lynch, 3 Scum vs 1 SK and 2 Town, Scum get pearl and lynch SK, Scum win at night.

If HiipFire survives the night to report another result, if there's a Framer or Busdriver still at large, then another result is of dubious value. (PMom ~conveniently~ downplays this, I note.)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 5 Votecount :c:

Pinterest Mom (3): LJ, Hiip, Samfu, -LJ, Lumpen

Samfucius (2): PMom, CPig

Lumpen (1): LJ
QuoProQuid (1): LJ

:h: With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: TUESDAY, September 8th, ~11PM EDT. :siren: DEADLINE EXTENDED 24 HOURS to account for the holiday.

I will be sending reminder PMs tonight to players.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 7, 2015

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Pinterest Mom posted:

If we no dunk with the explicit intention to get more results from you, doesn't that just mean you get night killed?

Meanwhile we're down 1-2 townies, and if the scum redirect lj or SK's kill to lj, the pearl gets dropped.

It's got no upside because you're not making it through the night (and our watcher's gone), and the worst case scenario is really bad for us.

At least if we dunk Lumpen or Sam, then I'm a realistic NK candidate, lj is a realistic candidate, and you are, so you might make it through.

I don't see how lynch/no lynch changes the likelihood of the cop being a NK target.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't see how lynch/no lynch changes the likelihood of the cop being a NK target.

No dunk with the explicit intention to get more cop results: cop dies 100% of the time and we wasted a day; we have no more information and fewer town players.

Dunk: with Lumpen/Samfu flipping scum, then I'm likely town and there's some chance of scum killing me, Hiip, or even lj to get the pearl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't see the difference. He's still a cop who can investigate someone.

• Locked thread