Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote pig ##vote pig :redhammer: Good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote pig ##vote pig :redhammer: Good game.

Holy poo poo this is scummy as gently caress, I need three votes dummy

##unvote

##vote samvines

Vines probably withheld last night and when I rb'd samfu he jumped. too bad he jumped too soon.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You have three votes. You just got hammered.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One from samfu. One from me. One from my pearl.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
oh well, gently caress you then gj sam , just vote all willy nilly

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
:wink:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Two days over without me even getting to post :(

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

Two days over without me even getting to post :(
Come on, Ecco told you when the thread was going to open...

Oh wait, Ecco only told the Scum team. But don't worry, despite that, never opened when promised, and hosed up the flips even then.

Our victory, hollow as it is anyway due to the problems of the setup and the modding, is slightly marred by my poor half-awake decision to yammer in the wee hours in the Scumdoc. My bad, so sorry.

Setup was incredibly unbalanced toward Scum, even with the Modding being such a complete mess. Town's time was wasted, frankly, never had a chance.

Ecco is a petty, vindictive control freak who builds poorly designed games that revolve around Mod whim in the form of (mystery items, mystery mechanics, mystery secret rules), and time and time again are decided by capricious and arbitrary Mod interference. Deeply disrespectful of players' time and effort. I had forgotten Calavera until it was too late.

Scumteam was fun, Town players were fun. See y'all in better games.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I've missed you so much Lumpen!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Lumpen posted:

Ecco is a petty, vindictive control freak who builds poorly designed games that revolve around Mod whim in the form of (mystery items, mystery mechanics, mystery secret rules), and time and time again are decided by capricious and arbitrary Mod interference. Deeply disrespectful of players' time and effort.
idk yo I liked the game a lot.

though the insane cop thing was kinda weird since it came paired with a scum godfather

gg's guys, sorry lynching you PMom I just wanted to trust my cop results but should've just trusted my read on you

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Let's wait for the mode before we start this? could we at least have the flip? jfc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen you are intolerable

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm sure you get something out of posting like that Lumpen but your total lack of empathy really does show through your posts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lumpen is scum irl, mod confirmed

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
jfc guys like seriously, what if, maybe, there are more forces at play here?

Can we wait for the mod? This is very unprofessional of all of you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

Please stop talking.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey guys I know when players think it's the end of the game it's customary to do the victory laps and start the post-game discussion immediately, but, please don't do it in the future. It's one of my (totally irrational and I don't fault you all for it) pet peeves.

Some flavor would go here. I had pretty good ideas about it but I have a really bad headache right now and I am just very frustrated with the game in general after the shitshow last night and I just want it all to be over. It would have been really nice, though, all about SSV looming over the pearl, his words taking form and shape as they wrap around Pig until he falls into the sea's murky blackness. Hal then gets killed too trying to escape, stabbed with a knife in his neck. The Sams then both sit in the town square on a now-empty island and slowly stroke the pearl, their eyes soon turning as blue as the treasure in their hands. "They smile." would have been the last line (or something equally pithy, I dunno, it would probably have come naturally from the prose). But alas. Maybe I'll edit this later with something but I probably won't.

:s: CapitalistPig, Magde Truite, Cook (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 7. :s:

:ghost:
Hal Incandenza, Ellis Talbot, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), was endgamed day 7.

:black101:
Samfucius, Gilles Gibbs, Murderer (mafia-aligned goon); and
SirSamVines, Edward Pallot, Murderer (mafia-aligned ninja)
, have satisfied their win condition and won the game for the scum!

:gibs:
The town has failed to achieve its win condition and has lost!
Diqnol has failed to achieve his win condition and has lost!

Hooray.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Pearl of Port Lourde

A Game for 21 players

- 5 Mafia: have 6 items, can freely ##pass them to each other at night, each item has unlimited uses, may only use one a night. When a player dies all their items go with them. Items are:
--- 1 Medallion (godfather: permanently removes stain of sin from the soul, reacquired if performing a nightkill)
--- 1 Lock (nexus: player randomly redirects received night actions to others, performing player not told this happened)
--- 1 Dagger (assassin: doctor-proof nightkill)
--- 1 Poison Vial (ninja: unroleblockable nightkill)
--- 1 Teapot of Blood (permanent framer: targeted player will always return SCUM)
--- 1 Empty Jar (junk. Does nothing, mafia told its power is mysterious, and its mystery is only exceeded by its power. Maybe makes them a reverse death miller, that'd make people hate me, let's do it)

- 1 Survivor (Aileen Wojda)
--- Can perform one of four actions at night: item thievery (steals an item); setup deduction (is told 100 characters of the setup); time shenanigans (see all flips, gets a one-shot busdriving that night); enchanting.
--- In lieu of other actions can create an enchanted item; when enchanting an item the player is a redirector (can choose who receives all their night actions). Enchantments can be anything (at my discretion). List of available items: COIN x2 (one gold one silver), CLOCK (from the famed tocksmiths of Kerm), BOOK (blank pages), something else idk.

- 15 Townies
--- 2 confirmed town masons (two survivors from the Ruzelia game)
--- 1 Vig-enabler (gives vig kills to players at night; metal harpoon item)
--- 1 RB-enabler (gives roleblocks to players at night; rope and wire item)
--- 1 Doc-enabler (gives protections to players at night; healing potion made from fish heads item)
--- 1 Dayvig/Executioner (can only perform daykill if the game is 75% of the way to deadline and no player has 75% of the votes needed to be executed. Daykill ends day)
--- 1 Execution Redirector (can, twice per game, redirect who got executed to someone else with 50% or more votes)
--- 1 Insane Cop
--- 7 Vanilla (women characters secretly can use received items multiple times)

A PEARL:
- A beautiful blue pearl. Grants the user +1 vote at the cost of -1 to execute.
- If used at night, changes the user's alignment (women characters -> town + need pearl if alive, men -> alignment-survivor w/pearl). Given choice of five paths of power.
- If not used at night, starts to take toll on player. -2 to vote the next day, the next day can be freely executed.

ITEMS:
- "Town items": if delivered to a player and the player dies the same night, up for grabs first come first served. Otherwise, lost if died while held but not used.
- "Scum items": can only be lost if stolen by the Survivor.

================

Player List:
1) Samfucius - Gilles Gibbs - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
2) Lumpen - Dominic "Dom" Laurens - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
3) SirSamVines - Edward Pallot - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
4) fiery_valkyrie - Curtis Samon le Faux - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
5) TMMadman - Eniko "Niko" Meladoz - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)

6) GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE - Aileen Wojda - Enchantress (survivor-aligned enchantress)

7) Kashuno - Simon Philemon - Spouse (town-aligned mason)
8) Rarity - Olympia Sztolaz - Spouse (town-aligned mason)
9) ljtrigirl - Mathys Naufrage - Spearfisher (town-aligned vig enabler)
10) AnonymousNarcotics Mithross - Vérnice Abbot - Carpenter (town-aligned roleblock enabler)
11) QuoProQuid - Évaline "Éva" Épaves - Healer (town-aligned doc enabler)
12) BottleKnight - Tikhon Lakotsko - Bomber (town-aligned dayvig)
13) Jedit - Villard Gaston de Pirogue - Mayor (town-aligned governor)
14) Meinberg Hiipfire - Marc di'Aqcue - Trader (town-aligned insane cop)

15) Gamerofthegame - Louis Tartare - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
16) EXAKT Science CapitalistPig - Magde Truite - Cook (town-aligned vanilla)
17) Pinterest Mom - Nadège Demaud - Crone (town-aligned vanilla)
18) chaoslord The Ninth Layer - Merrick Rameur - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
19) Hal Incandenza - Ellis Talbot - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
20) CCKeane - Lance Bloxam - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
21) merk - Aldonza Ibañez - Angler (town-aligned vanilla)

==================

Night Actions:

Day 1:
Bunch of replacements
Town executes Gamerofthegame

Night 1:
Lumpen uses VIAL on jedit; passes VIAL to fv, DAGGER to TMM
Sam uses MEDALLION; passes MEDALLION to Lumpen
SSV uses TEAPOT on Diqnol (redirected to TMM); passes TEAPOT to Sam
fv uses LOCK; passes to SSV
TMM uses JAR; passes JAR to SSV

Diqnol uses CHRONOCEPTION, sees: JEDIT, busdrives: HIM and TMM
LJ gives vig to TMM (redirected to Diqnol) -- lol
QPQ gives doc to BK
Mithross gives RB to QPQ -- y'all are so bad at finding vanillas
Meinberg investigates ??? nobody gently caress him.

Day 2:
Meinberg replaced by Hiipfire
Town executes merk

Night 2:
Lumpen uses MEDALLION, passes MEDALLION to fv
Samfu uses TEAPOT on ljtrigirl
Samvim uses LOCK, passes JAR to Lumpen
fv uses VIAL on Kashuno
TMM uses DAGGER on Ninth

Diqnol enchants COIN, gives it a kind of forensic investigator power. Redirect to Keane
LJ gives vig to Kashuno
QPQ gives doc to fv, passes RB to Lumpen -- lol qpq is really not doing too well this game like wow
Mithross gives RB to Kashuno
Hiip investigates BK ("TOWN" -> SCUM) -- so excited for post game

Day 3:
Town executes Diqnol -- why didn't he claim the coin??

Night 3:
Lumpen uses roleblock on LJ
Samfu uses TEAPOT on Hal
Samvim uses NOTHING -- bold move jim let's see if it pays off
fv uses VIAL on BK; passes MEDALLION to TMM, passes doc to Lumpen
TMM uses DAGGER on Keane; passes DAGGER to SSV

LJ gives RB to EXAKT; uses vig on QPQ (FAILS, roleblocked) -- omg
QPQ gives doc to Rarity -- y'all aren't even trying to find vanillas
Mithross uses COIN on Keane (sees: TMM) -- postnote: he misread his night result and thinks (correctly but not) that TMM targeted keane last night
Rarity uses PEARL, chooses KNOWLEDGE -- can ask me questions, I am capricious as to their veracity.
Hiip investigates fv ("SCUM" -> TOWN) -- had to double check that she didn't use the medallion

Day 4:
EXAKT replaced by CPig
Town executes TMM (MEDALLION -> godfather)

Night 4:
Lumpen uses doc on self
Samfu uses LOCK
Samvim uses DAGGER on Rarity; passes DAGGER to fv
fv uses VIAL on Mithross; passes VIAL to SSV

LJ gives vig to Rarity -- l o l
QPQ gives doc to Mithross -- u r all not even trying
Mithross gives RB to SSV -- lolol
Hiip investigates PMom ("TOWN" -> SCUM)
CPig RBs PMom

Day 5:
Town executes PMom

Night 5:
Lumpen uses JAR, passes JAR to fv
Samfu uses LOCK, passes LOCK to Lumpen
Samvim uses VIAL on Hiip; passes RB to Lumpen
fv uses DAGGER on LJ, passes DAGGER to Samfu

LJ shoots Lumpen -- good choice but also bad, should have passed a vig and/or doc protection too.
QPQ gives doc to LJ
Hiip investigates -- he dead who cares
CPig RBs Lumpen -- good choice but also bad

NOTE: town can still win if they have their eggs together (or if the scum meander too long, either/or really). not looking very likely though let's start the endgame flavor.

Day 6:
I modkill fiery, jeepers creepers lumpen
Town executes QPQ -- "town"

Night 6:
Samfu uses DAGGER on Hal (FAILS: roleblocked)
Samvim uses RB on Hal

CPig RBs Samfucius

Day 7:
Town executes CPig

GAME OVER
SCUM VICTORY

==================

ROLE PMS:
Samfucius - Gilles Gibbs - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
You've hated this rock for as long as you can remember. You were born here, you were raised here, and as far as you knew you'd die here, a worthless nobody, a pathetic schmuck whose bones would fade into dust and salt long after any memory of you died too, and then it would have been like you never existed at all. You always dreamed of more, though: you dreamed of seeing mighty cities where wealth flowed as freely as butter, castles with spires scraping the skies, of mighty queens and the kings and concubines who sleep with them, and so, so many people, innumerable, each unique and shining like the stars in the sky. But you thought your dreams would just be dreams.
When you heard that Pierre found sunken treasure, though, in the form of the largest pearl you (or maybe even the world) had ever seen, you immediately went into action. You brought your team together, all members of the Port Lourde Chamber of Commerce, and agreed that you all would acquire the pearl by whatever means necessary and split the profits evenly between whoever survived. And so here you are today: a murderer in Port Lourde, but, elsewhere, just a man. A man living free, a man who will soon be very, very wealthy.

You are a mafioso! You seek to control the pearl all for yourselves and as such win when all town-aligned players are eliminated or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Samfucius, Lumpen, SirSamVines, fiery_valkyrie, and TMMadman. The five of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and may freely speak OOT throughout the game.
In addition, you start the game with an ITEM. The Chamber of Commerce has an extensive catalogue of magical artifacts, and have been hoarding them just for this kind of occasion. See the rules for items below. Your item specifically is a brass MEDALLION, with a black opal in the center. When worn, it absorbs the stain of sin from the user's soul, permanently making them appear TOWN to investigations until sin returns (i.e. they perform a nightkill).
You are a goon and you are mafia-aligned.

Item rules:
- A player may have an unlimited number of items in their possession, but may only ##use one per night.
- Items are unlimited in use unless specified otherwise.
- You may ##pass items freely between yourselves during the night as a free action (cannot be blocked, tracked, watched, etc.), BUT you may not use an item ##passed to you the same night you received it. You may, though, use an item and then pass it to someone else in the same night.
- If a player dies, their items die with them. Their flip will change from "goon" to "<item(s) power>."
- Items can be lost through other means too so keep a tight grip on them!

Lumpen - Dominic "Dom" Laurens - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
It is the natural order of the universe: the strong prey on the weak. Plankton are eaten by minnows, minnows are eaten by tuna, sharks eat the tuna, and you make a mean sharkfin soup. To fight the natural order is foolish, and you are no fool. You instead embrace it. You have worked hard at making yourself the strongest on the island, both physically - you can beat any man on the island in a fight - and socially - you are influential, respected, and feared throughout the community. You know some day a bigger fish will come for you, some day you too will be consumed as you have consumed. But as long as you can help it, that day will not be today.
When you heard one of the divers discovered a magnificent pearl, you knew what you had to do. You stabbed him in his sleep, and with the help of your companions in the Port Lourde Chamber of Commerce, you are ready to become even more powerful.

You are a mafioso! You seek to control the pearl all for yourselves and as such win when all town-aligned players are eliminated or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Samfucius, Lumpen, SirSamVines, fiery_valkyrie, and TMMadman. The five of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and may freely speak OOT throughout the game.
In addition, you start the game with two ITEMS. The Chamber of Commerce has an extensive catalogue of magical artifacts, and have been hoarding them just for this kind of occasion. See the rules for items below. Your items specifically are: a metal DAGGER, its blade enchanted with a spell that not only poisons the body but dissipates the soul, meaning the dead stay dead, and cannot be saved by protection spells (i.e. "assassin" power); and a VIAL of poison that can be slipped into your victim's food or rubbed on their skin in passing during the daytime, making your kill untraceable (i.e. "ninja" power).

Item rules:
- A player may have an unlimited number of items in their possession, but may only ##use one per night.
- You may ##pass items freely between yourselves during the night as a free action (cannot be blocked, tracked, watched, etc.), BUT you may not use an item ##passed to you the same night you received it. You may, though, use an item and then pass it to someone else in the same night.
- If a player dies, their items die with them. Their flip will change from "goon" to "<item(s) power>."

SirSamVines - Edward Pallot - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
As one of the oldest residents of Port Lourde, you have a certain degree of wisdom that invariably comes from witnessing eighty cycles of the sun. You know the best time of day to catch every type of fish the sea can offer. You know how to grind mollusk shells into a fine powder, and what to mix it with to make a cure for headaches. You know that the impetuousness of men cannot be tamed, while only a stern heart can bear the pain of a woman's wails. You know that the young are like the sea, full of life and salt, and they crash and clamor with such force, but are soon as weathered as stone and as brittle as driftwood.
The village thankfully gives you the respect and dignity you've earned, and treats your wisdom and opinions with gravity. You are in charge of the Port Lourde Chamber of Commerce, an association of fishermen, traders, and upstanding Mereaux men who help guide the village to prosperity. When your group heard the news that Pierre Huître, an arrogant and impious young diver, had discovered a massive blue pearl, you knew you had to take immediate action. He is a notorious spendthrift and wastrel, he would be more likely to lose the pearl than spend his money for the good of the village. It would be for the good of all that you, the wisest and most honorable man in town, have the pearl for yourself.

In addition, you start the game with an ITEM. The Chamber of Commerce has an extensive catalogue of magical artifacts, and have been hoarding them just for this kind of occasion. See the rules for items below. Your items specifically is: a black tin TEAPOT filled with a mixture of blood, seaweed, squid ink, and ground turtle shells. The concoction, when boiled, produces a foul odor, so foul it can blacken someone's very soul. During the night, its user can pour the mixture across the doors of anyone in the town, which results in that player being seen as SCUM to cop investigations for the rest of the game.

Item rules:

fiery_valkyrie - Curtis Samon le Faux - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
When you were younger, the bigger boys in the village often overlooked you. You were small, quiet, and weak, and they treated you like a minnow when inside you knew you were a mighty marlin. When you reached adulthood you decided to change yourself for the better: you first began working by the docks, loading and unloading crates and goods from beyond the island, often by hand. You then began to practice your self-control, honing the power within you to sharpen your masculine energies. Soon the tiny, spindly young boy you once were had become a strong, confident young man. The village now gave you respect, and you would happily smack silly anyone who didn't. Your transformation was complete when the prestigious and powerful Port Lourde Chamber of Commerce selected you to join their illustrious ranks. You were proof that any man, no matter how pathetic, could summon the force of will and character to forge himself into something useful, someone who this is super gross why am I reading Return of Kings for material for this awful character god anyway okay. You're a total douche I guess is what I am saying, but you don't even know it because peer pressure and toxic masculinity. And so it was really easy for the Chamber to murder some poor innocent diver to steal his pearl, and you will defend your new bros come what may.
In addition, you start the game with an ITEM. The Chamber of Commerce has an extensive catalogue of magical artifacts, and have been hoarding them just for this kind of occasion. See the rules for items below. Your items specifically is: a large steel LOCK. When you place it over the latch on your door, any player who targets you that night will find themselves randomly redirected elsewhere without their knowledge (i.e. a nexus power).

Item rules:

TMMadman - Eniko "Niko" Meladoz - Murderer (mafia-aligned goon)
The man from Bishadh was found floating on large plank by local fisherman almost a year ago. Although he was found unconscious, his fist was tightly clenched around a small object and couldn't be pried open. When the man awoke two days later, it was discovered that the object was a small ivory carving of a tiger. Upon being asked about it, the man replied that it reminded him of a dream he had of another life and some kind of tournament, but he refuses to let anyone else touch the carving.
As he recovered, the man revealed some of his story. He says he succumbed to wanderlust shortly after coming of age and left his village searching for adventure, but when he is deep in the drink he often sounds bitter and occasionally mumbles about being forced to leave. After living in the wild for a few years and learning a variety of skills, he found himself near a beach that had a group of sailors on it and a ship anchored a short distance into the sea. Sensing a real opportunity for adventure, he approached the group only to find out they were pirates when they captured him. Needing some entertainment, the pirates forced the Bishader man and three other captives to fight to the death with their bare hands. His fighting was so inspired the pirates cheered when he was the last man standing and offered to let him join the crew. He spent the next few years exploring the world and plundering ships with the crew. Unfortunately, his pirate captain got caught in a hurricane and the ship was destroyed, but the Bishader man was only person able to escape the ship and was found three days later by the fisherman.
Despite his history, the residents of Port Lourde decided to let the man stay as he was able bodied and willing to help work on the fishing ships. He quickly made a name for himself as being quiet but efficient, putting his head down and working even longer and harder than many of the most salted fishermen. The man only spoke Bishadher, but he soon learned enough Mereaux to function in society if not hold extensive conversations. After a year, the man was recruited by a group of men who wanted him around for heavy lifting, and to put on a welcoming face for the group to outsiders. The man soon had respect, he had home on the hill, a plain but caring wife, and a purpose.
However, lately he has been feeling the wanderlust build again and his desire to leave the island has grown to the point where he can't ignore it any longer. How convenient it was, then, when someone in the village found a beautiful pearl. The man couldn't quite make out what the rest of his group said, but you knew what they were thinking: they wanted the pearl for themselves, and you were happy to oblige.

In addition, you start the game with an ITEM. The Chamber of Commerce has an extensive catalogue of magical artifacts, and have been hoarding them just for this kind of occasion. See the rules for items below. Your items specifically is: an empty JAR. You were holding it when you fell overboard years ago, and it was your lifesaver as you drifted (since it was filled with delicious rum). It is since emptied, but you can sense it has a very powerful - if unknown - function. You've poured water into it every night before going to sleep, and have drunk from it every morning upon waking... and it's hard to phrase but you just feel... luckier.

Item rules:

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE - Aileen Wojda - Enchantress (survivor-aligned enchantress)
A long time ago you did something very, very stupid. You and your closest friends decided to sneak into a camp of bandits and steal their treasure. Everyone died. Everyone, friend and bandit alike... except you. It was the stupidest thing you ever did, since you learned that friendship was the real treasure, blah blah and so on. But, on the plus side, you did get a big fat wad of treasure from the whole deal, and a cool nickname: "the Bandit Killer." You became so feared throughout Bishadh and beyond that even just approaching bandit camps would cause them to surrender for their lives. The hard part was thinking what to do with all the money in the world. After years of spending gold on any material pleasure you could have possibly imagined; dumping a huge wad in a number of Kermish investment banks to last you comfortably into eternity; bribing all the right nobles and officials to ensure you will never see the inside of a prison cell ever again in the Empire; buying a noble title (Maisteira Asteron - Mistress of Stars); paying to be recorded in the Imperial Register (so your name and deeds can be forever preserved in the Archives); drinking the finest wine while sleeping with the most beautiful consorts on beds made from the best Cazanese silk; even once dining at a banquet with the Imperatrix, Her Majesty Queen Luchnis III herself... after years of this life, you had finally exhausted everything you could possibly imagine. Eventually, finally, money began to lose much of its meaning.
Horrified by the thought you decided to see what living like a commoner again would do for you.
You moved to this sleepy village on an island at the rear end-end of nowhere a few years ago, a place where even your reputation has yet to pierce, and you've found it to be overall quite pleasant. You wander around the island doing odd-jobs when you can, you help the fishermen with their catches (wounding their masculine bravado), you help the maids with the cooking, you play Varkaby with the mayor (and win every time, much to his chagrin), you teach the children about history and theology, you spend evenings eating fried trout on the hill while watching the sun set, and overall you find your life here to have a lot more meaning and purpose than it ever did with all the wine and women and power back on the mainland.
And yet, you knew the dream would eventually come to an end. One morning, one of the divers was found murdered in his bed, and the town was quick to form an executioner's mob to find the perpetrators. You couldn't care less about a pearl, no matter how beautiful - you just want to get out of this alive.

You are a survivor! You have all the wealth in the world and don't care about some pearl either way, and as such, win when you are alive for the end of the game or nothing can stop the same.
You are a skilled magick user, and this time of solitude and reclusion from the chaos of the world has helped you focus your magickal abilities. You have three abilities in particular you've been dying to try out: SCRYING, CHRONOCEPTION, and MAGNETISM.
- SCRYING: you can call on the goddesses to grant you insight into the deep secrets of the town. You will receive a 100-character selection from the setup doc, selected semi-randomly.
- CHRONOCEPTION: you can summon a portal to the very near future, see what happened during the night, and jump back in to change the past... if you can. You will receive a list of everyone who died during the night (but no flips), and you may then cast a busdriving spell to hopefully change the results.
- MAGNETISM: magickal artifacts approach you like mosquitoes! You may target a player in the game and steal a random item in their possession; you will instantly know what the item does and can use it as a free action (that is, in addition to any other night action, without limitation).
Alternatively, in lieu of ANY other night actions listed above, you may choose instead to ENCHANT a blank artifact. Your enchantment can be anything you can imagine (at my discretion, though I reward creativity). You have the following blank artifacts: two COINS (one gold, one silver); a blank BOOK; and a beautiful CLOCK made by the finest Kermish tocksmiths. You may give away items you have enchanted as a free action the same night you make them. When enchanting you can summon a confusion barrier around your home, redirecting anyone who targets you to another player of your choosing without the targeting player knowing any different. You can't cast this normally because of reasons, obviously.
You are an enchantress and you are survivor-aligned!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kashuno - Simon Philemon - Spouse (town-aligned mason)
Rarity - Olympia Sztolaz - Spouse (town-aligned mason)
The Bottle Knights are known throughout the Empire for their tenacity, perseverance, and willingness to bring the Queen's Justice to even the darkest and most barbaric corners of the Realm. But what most people don't know is how awful it is to witness unimaginable terrors: monsters who consume human flesh from the inside and wear their skin like pelts; beasts who gorge on eyeballs and tongues; snakes whose venom causes the victim to see waking nightmares and hallucinations as they are slowly consumed piece by piece; beetles that lurk into your hair, bite down on your brain stem, and control your movements while inside you scream, a prisoner in your own body. This world contains just one nightmare, and that is itself.
You are a veteran of the Bottle Knights, and after being nearly killed in an encounter with a Ruzelian skincrawler, you and another survivor retired as soon as you returned home. The two of you decided to settle down in a quiet fishing village on a rocky island far away from the mainland, a place that knows no monsters. Or so you thought. This morning one of the divers was murdered in his sleep. You and your spouse realized something you had forgotten: sometimes, man can be the biggest monster.

You are a townie! You seek to stop the violence and murder in the village over the pearl, and as such, win when all scum players are eliminated. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
In addition, you have a trusted spouse! You met your partner, Olympia (Rarity)/Simon (Kashuno), during your tours in the Bottle Knights. The two of you have fought monsters together, braved starvation and sickness, and have lived happily and peacefully for decades. You trust them with your life, and they you. The two of you are confirmed to share the same alignment, and may speak freely OOT throughout the game.
You are a mason and you are town-aligned!

ljtrigirl - Mathys Naufrage - Spearfisher (town-aligned vig enabler)
Outsiders might not know this, but there is a distinct hierarchy among the fishermen in this village. On the bottom are the divers - generally young boys (or men too weak to handle real fishing). Then there are the anglers, who need discipline and patience to make their catches. Above them, the netters, who need strength to bring in their haul. But at the very top are the spearfishers - that's you. You need patience, strength, acuity, and wisdom. Unlike the rest, who just hope the fish are foolish enough to become trapped, you actually hunt them down, sometimes spending days on the water stalking your victim before you pounce. You specialize in the big game - blue swordfish, viper sharks, bastion squid, and on one particularly bountiful outing an entire den of colossal octopi. Now with the village threatened by monsters lurking in the town, you get your spears ready and prepare for a new kind of hunt.
You are a townie! You seek to stop the violence and murder in the village over the pearl, and as such, win when all scum players are eliminated. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You also have a huge supply of spears at your disposal. During the night you may give any player in the game a spear, that will allow them, the next night, to perform a vig-kill on a player of their choice. These vig-kills are single-use.
You are a vig-enabler and you are town-aligned.

AnonymousNarcotics Mithross - Vérnice Abbot - Carpenter (town-aligned roleblock enabler)
Living in Port Lourde can be hard sometimes. The men of the village believe the best way to help is to hop on their boats and bring back stacks and stacks of fish, clams, crabs, lobsters, octopi, and sharks. But not only is there too much food for anyone to eat (so much of it is wasted), but they are so rough on their boats that they regularly break down. That's where you come in. As the village carpenter, you have a steady stream of work, generally related to the reckless fishermen: fixing holes in hulls, sewing sails and relining them on masts, patching nets and rods, reboarding the pier, that sort of thing. It's a living, at least, even if you often feel like you're looking after babies rather than grown men. So when you heard Pierre found a giant pearl and then found himself murdered one morning, you groaned - you knew there would be a lot more work ahead of you.
You also have access to a whole host of ropes, boards, nails, and other carpenting equipment. During the night you may deliver some to any player in the game, giving them a one-shot roleblock as they board up the homes of their enemies.
You are a roleblock-enabler and you are town-aligned.

QuoProQuid - Évaline "Éva" Épaves - Healer (town-aligned doc enabler)
You are the village healer, and your life here is generally pretty pleasant: you have plenty of food, you get to talk to a variety of people (and share village gossip), and of course cast a healing spell or two. Though in a village as quiet as this, there are rarely any serious injuries. Every few days one of the fishers get a hook caught in their lips, or a netter loses a finger on a rope, that sort of thing. Nothing an Academy trained healer can't handle. On rare occasions - maybe once a year or so - one of the fishers picks a fight with a shark or octopus and loses, and you need to spend days holed up in your clinic-home tending for them. But murder? That's something you haven't seen once in your thirty years on this rock. Now you need to work on overtime to make sure everyone gets through this crisis in one piece.
You also are a skilled healer, specializing in potions and reagents mixed from the fruit of the sea. During the night you may deliver one such potion to any player in the game, giving them a one-shot protection power to use at their leisure.
You are a doc-enabler and you are town-aligned.

BottleKnight - Tikhon Lakotsko - Bomber (town-aligned dayvig)
In mother Ruzelia, fishing is done not with a stick and a stone like some kind of caveman or barbarian. The land may be mostly cold woodland and wilderness and frozen wasteland, but those who do live there know the best way to save energy is to be direct. With a special powder packed into ceramic pots one can create a very potent explosive, and thrown into a pond one can completely clear it of fish in a matter of seconds. Getting it is difficult, but you have a special supply in your home (safely contained, of course) you've been saving for an emergency. This might just be the time.
You also have access to a healthy supply of explosives, and you are ready to use them... but you know with great power comes great responsibility, and you thus must use them only when absolutely necessary. During the day, if the game is at least 6 hours to deadline and no player has at least 3/4 of the votes needed to be executed, you may publicly perform a daykill on any player in the game. Your daykill, though, will end the day in the commotion. You may do this as many times as you are able.
You are a dayvig and you are town-aligned.

Jedit - Villard Gaston de Pirogue - Mayor (town-aligned governor)
As the oldest member of the town, you are inherently respected and trusted by everyone who knows you. You were a fisherman before age kept you ashore, and you were a merchant before arthritis and your vision took that away from you, too. But your mind is still as sharp as ever; you are the (self-appointed) mayor of the town, adjudicating disputes and representing Port Lourde to visitors and mainland bureaucrats. Physically though you are a slunched figure, taking small steps around the island, day in and day out, seeing what you can (mostly bright blurs) and enjoying the feeling of the sun on your weathered, leathery skin. You have lived a long life, and right when you were ready to leave this world in peace, you received news of the worst crime to happen on this island since you were a young man - someone had been murdered in his bed, over a stupid pearl. You ordered the town to start a tribunal, with you at its head. It seemed like the Gods have one more job for you yet.
You are also the mayor of the town, and ultimately control who they vote for. Twice per game, if a player is executed, you may choose not only to cancel the vote, but instead shift the execution to another player who had 50% or more votes at hammer. You may not redirect executions from yourself.
You are a governor and you are town-aligned.

Meinberg Hiipfire - Marc di'Aqcue - Trader (town-aligned cop)
Part of the goal in any dealmaking venture is getting someone to buy your stuff, even if they don't think they need it. That means you have to not only size someone up in a few seconds, but then figure out what ails their souls and convince them what you have is the cure. In Port Lourde, that usually means fish. Merchants come and go every few weeks, bringing supplies from the mainland (and occasionally luxuries, like crappy Mereaux wine and gaudy Kermish jewelry), and coin is rare on such a tiny island, but you've gotten good at selling all the fruits of the sea to hungry traders. Still, you only just barely make do, and the thought of leaving the island to head back to your home in Savomary always lingers in the back of your mind. So when you found out Pierre Huître, one of the divers in the village, discovered a magnificent pearl, you knew he would get you to sell it for him (and with your commission, you'd finally get to leave this place and never look back). Unfortunately, Pierre got himself killed, and now the island is on lockdown as they hunt for the real killer. You need to use your skills and wits to discover the murderers and bring them to justice, if only so you can, at last, leave this place once and for all.
You are also a keen investigator into the human soul. During the night you may target a player in the game, size them up, and figure out their intentions: whether they are an innocent TOWN, or a vile NOT TOWN. You are to assume that you're sane.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Gamerofthegame - Louis Tartare - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
chaoslord The Ninth Layer - Merrick Rameur - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
Hal Incandenza - Ellis Talbot - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
CCKeane - Lance Bloxam - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
Life in this town is fairly predictable - the sun rises, and the sun sets. The tides go in and out and back again, and carry with them fish and oysters and clams and crabs and lobsters and squid and eels and octopi and seaweed and mussels and sometimes even sharks. The catches are always good, and the dinner is always some variation of fish stew, and everyone sleeps at night in peace, ready for another day that's just like every other day. You quite like the routine, though you sometimes wonder what the rest of the world must be like. So when your friend Pierre discovered a massive pearl, you knew he would finally have enough money to leave this place and never look back, and you wished him the best even if you were touched by jealousy. Unfortunately, Pierre would never leave the island in one piece - this morning he was murdered in his sleep. Now you need to use every resource at your disposal to bring the murderers to justice.
You have no additional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

merk - Aldonza Ibañez - Angler (town-aligned vanilla)
EXAKT Science CapitalistPig - Magde Truite - Cook (town-aligned vanilla)
Pinterest Mom - Nadège Demaud - Crone (town-aligned vanilla)
Life in this town is fairly predictable - the sun rises, and the sun sets. The tides go in and out and back again, and carry with them fish and oysters and clams and crabs and lobsters and squid and eels and octopi and seaweed and mussels and sometimes even sharks. The catches are always good, and the dinner is always some variation of fish stew, and everyone sleeps at night in peace, ready for another day that's just like every other day. It's awful. You dream some day of leaving this place, of seeing the lands you've only heard about in stories. But by this point in your life you know it's a fool's dream, barring a miracle. Like your friend Pierre discovering a massive pearl; you knew he would finally have enough money to leave this place and never look back, and you wished him the best even if you were touched by jealousy. Unfortunately, Pierre would never leave the island in one piece - this morning he was murdered in his sleep. Now you need to use every resource at your disposal to bring the murderers to justice.
You have no additional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

===============

ideas??
Mereaux ♂ x10 - 3 are item-givers (vig/rb/doc), one is a dayvig/executioner, two are thieves.
Mereaux ♀ x4 - many (3?) are "mirrors," items they receive do not expire and can be given away freely too.
Arrentish ♀ x2 - one is confirmed town mason, the other a survivor
Kermish ♂ x1 - confirmed town masons w/arrentish woman #1
Ruzelian male

Men are scum they shall be scum. 5 Mereaux men picked randomly from below.

4) Samfucius - Mereaux male - starts with Medallion
11) Lumpen - Mereaux male - starts with Dagger and Vial
12) SirSamVimes - Mereaux male - starts with Teapot of Blood
13) fiery_valkyrie - Mereaux male - starts with lock
6) TMMadman - Bishadher male (castaway) - starts with jar

3) GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol - Arrentish lady survivor
2) Kashuno - Kermish mason
8) Rarity - Arrentish lady mason
21) ljtrigirl - Mereaux male - Vig
14) AnonymousNarcotics - Mereaux lady - RB
16) QuoProQuid - Mereaux lady - Doc
5) BottleKnight - Ruzelian male (foreigner) - Dayvig/Executioner
15) Jedit - Mereaux male - Redirector
7) Meinberg - Savomarine male (trader) - Insane Cop

20) Gamerofthegame - Mereaux male
10) EXAKT Science - Mereaux lady
1) Pinterest Mom - Mereaux Lady
17) chaoslord - Mereaux male
18) Hal Incandenza - Mereaux male
19) CCKeane - Mereaux male
9) merk - Bishadher lady

==========================

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- The flavor is obviously loosely inspired by Steinbeck's "The Pearl," but it's different in theme and focus. The pearl in this game was intended to be interpreted as a metaphor for femininity, and how patriarchy imposes itself on femininity in order to control it and use it for its own gain. Indeed, the pearl even had slightly different effects depending on the gender of the character of the player using it (the little pre-game "pick your character" exercise actually had a point! imagine that).
--- The slight differences continued in how I conceived of some of the roles. For instance, in my head I called BK and jedit's roles "mansplainers," since they tell the town how they really feel about the execution. Likewise, the three "female" vanillas (merk, EXAKT, and PMom) could use one-shot items multiple times, and the scumteam flavorwise consisted of various examples of toxic masculinity.

- CONTINUITY:
--- merk correctly identified that his character had the same first name as his in Madriu, but perhaps didn't notice that he had the same last name as Amoeba's character from that game.
--- Rarity and Kashuno's characters came from Ruzelia as two of the surviving vanilla towns (yuming and Hiipfire iirc)
--- The town takes place in the Queendom of Mereaux, the same place as my last game, Lady Clarent's Calamity (though LCC took place in the far south, while Pearl is in the colder, rocky northern shoreline). Mereaux is inspired by a mixture of France and Occitania, and Port Lourde by a dash of Jersey.
--- Diqnol's character was Rascyc's from Bandits of Bishadh, finally getting her due.
--- The name of the game has a tiny pun in it.

- The game continues to play with an idea I have regarding the democratization of power roles. The town's three big power roles would not actually have power themselves directly, but grant the power to other players. These powers are freely transferrable, though they can generally only be used once before being exhausted. Unlike in the Bandits of Bishadh, I made the powers fairly basic but also explicit - none of them had any chance of doing something other than what it says they do. I had hoped the certainty would work to the town's benefit overall, since the uncertainty in Bishadhe - while exciting - also had disastrous consequences.
--- In practice it didn't really work to the town's benefit, but I think that's more because it requires a different way of thinking about the game. Especially once it became clear that items could only be used exclusively - that is, in lieu of any other action at night - the enablers should have focused on handing the items out to vanilla players, so that way items are used throughout the game without needing to be passed too often.
--- The confirmed masons were designed to be a kind of red herring: an enabler might be (and often were) tempted to give their item to the mason, but the enabler maybe should have thought that all the other enablers might think to do the same thing, bottlenecking the items and thus limiting the town's powers.
--- I was tempted to make an enabler scum, but I decided the asymmetry would be part of the game's balance, since the town needed a few roles to counterbalance the scum's roles.

- I think on the whole I feel the game was balanced against the town. Giving the mafia a double kill is a very powerful addition to their team, though I did attempt to balance against it: each of the kills were not "permanent" (they could be lost with the player dying or stolen by Diqnol); they were both held by the same player day 1 (meaning only one kill night 1, or even - catastrophically - no kills all game should the holder get voted out that day); and multiple additional powers that ranged from useless to mostly useless (a permanent-framing and permanent-godfather is not very useful in a game with only an insane cop). The town's power roles, likewise, required playing in a more methodical way, which would admittedly take some adjustment before they would become useful but once adjusted would be good foils to the mafia's mobility. Still, though, an objective look at the setup says if the mafia all survive to night 2 they are in a very good position over the town, and for that I apologize.

- That being said, the town really, really didn't have it together this game. They did so many classic Town Mistakes that I almost want to use this game as an example in the future of what not to do:
--- Most of the town lurking at various points in the game
--- Town players claiming their powers unnecessarily
--- Power roles giving items to scum players (QPQ was especially bad at this, sorry we all have off games)
--- Being too willing to agree to "false consensus" candidates: day 3, for instance, town couldn't decide whether to vote for Samfucius or Lumpen, so instead they compromised... onto the player for whom literally every scum was voting. Womp womp.
--- The whole Follow the Role on day 4 pushing them onto PMom instead of Samfucius
All in all I think, while the setup was leaned against the town, the scum overall played a much tighter, more controlled, and more organized game, and even if the balance was better they'd probably still have won overall.

- The lurking was kinda really bad this game in general. I know some of my first few deadlines were frustrating but if you sign up for a game and realize you can't commit the time for it (even if it's because a small number of players are non-stop posting), it's totally okay to ask for a replacement! I just want you and everyone else to have a good time.

- The game wasn't insta-over when the mafia matched the town's numbers because of the Pearl + Pig's roleblocks (+ the vial on the off-chance it got picked up by town). The Pearl gives someone +1 to vote and -1 to execute, and whether held in town or scum's hands, it becomes a race over who can vote first (and do it in a coordinated-enough fashion to effect an execution). It was still *reasonable* to believe town could win (though I was not at all expecting it), and so the game continued.

==========

An interesting thing happened day 6. Fiery edited out "##grab Pearl" from her first post when she remembered that the Pearl makes the player hated (-1 to execute) for the day. Unfortunately I had caught her ninja edit and already processed the action. I was very grumpy about that, because editing posts is illegal for pretty much that exact reason. Combined with stuff happening in the scumdoc, I made the judgment call to modkill her and continue the day. This was, in the doc, a very controversial decision. I hope to say my peace about it here.

We in mafia have a rule against editing posts because we don't want players editing content from their post after it has been seen. This is especially true when it's scum players editing content that makes them scummier. However, in the past (and into the future), I have given a wide berth for players to edit their posts for a number of reasons, the biggest ones being editing mistakes, like broken formatting tags ("[ /b]"), typos ("teh"), and so on. Even a rephrasing or adding a sentence or something is *generally* okay. But the emphasis is these reasons are minor changes fixing harmless mistakes. Something substantive, like grabbing an item, or making a critical vote on a player, is much more serious since it directly affects the integrity of the game.

Fiery edited her post because it harmed her team to grab the Pearl and she didn't realize that until after she made her post. This fits exactly with why we have rules on editing in the first place - to prevent scum from editing their posts to make themselves better-off than if their post remained unedited. It is a very serious breaking of the rules. I decided to ask fiery in the doc (since she was posting in it) to provide an explanation, telling her that it was serious, and that I was considering modkilling her for it because of it being so serious. I intended for us to chat about it briefly, and when I explained how editing out a ##grab is way different than editing for formatting, she'd have given an apology ("oh I see, poo poo, sorry, I thought--" "yeah I know just don't do it in the future"), and I'd have accepted it, since she was in the process of being voted out anyway and I know fiery just made an honest mistake that ultimately didn't harm the game significantly.

But then I saw in the scumdoc Lumpen, despite being dead, was actively coordinating with living scum over their votes.
Let's have a quick refresher about coordinating with players OOT after you die. You don't do it! There that was very easy. You are dead and the dead do what the dead do best: stay dead.

I told him firmly to stop. He continued to provide strategy to the scum in the doc. I told him firmly to stop a second time. I was right there, looking at him typing in his cell, telling him to stop! He continued.

When a player is breaking the rules you punish the player to the extent that you can. When the player is already dead and flipped, what can a mod do? Banning them from future games doesn't stop the problem as it's happening, but you have to do something since players abusing their already-dead status is really gross.
In these rare cases, generally the mod punishes the team the player was on (since after all they can't punish the player themselves), since the team is benefitting from the dead player's cheating. This is the only thing the mod can reasonably do.

Probably the most common town example of this is when a town player is getting votes and decides to post their role PM, using a modkill to circumvent the town's execution (and intending the town to vote someone else out that day instead). Good Practice is for mods to modkill the player and end the day, so the town doesn't benefit from a town player's breaking of the rules. That decision would be fairly uncontroversial, I hope.

So it goes with what was happening in the doc on Day 6. I had asked Lumpen repeatedly to stop strategizing with the scumteam, and twice he ignored me. I cannot punish Lumpen directly: he was already dead and flipped, after all. But I couldn't let his team continue to benefit from Lumpen's active cheating. Since I was already sitting on fiery having made a major violation of basic mafia rules, and since Lumpen wasn't listening to me in the doc, I decided to modkill fiery and continue the day.

I believe this decision, while frustrating for fiery, is fair. It is unfortunate Lumpen decided to cheat, but I had to do something; it wouldn't at all be fair to the town to let Lumpen continue to help his teammates from beyond the grave.

In some of life's (ironies? misfortunes?), it didn't even work: Lumpen continued to strategize with his team even after the modkill. It wasn't until I started threatening to kill SSV unless Lumpen stopped immediately that he finally, finally stopped cheating.

Sometimes modding is hard. Sometimes mods are forced to make tough decisions on the spot with imperfect knowledge, taking into account a whole host of factors. I think I made the right call considering the information I had at the time and considering the state of the game. Fiery disagrees, and I don't fault her for doing so - I can imagine if I was in her position I'd have been very cross as well. I hope though with time, even if she never agrees with my decision, she at least understands it. And for what it's worth, Fiery is welcome back to any of my future games, as I personally don't hold any ill-will towards her from the whole affair.

Lumpen is not welcome and I recommend every mod do the same.

==========

As a parting note in the past I have been known to get a little heated up in post-game discussions about balance and my modding decisions, so I want to just say that, if you have any concerns or criticisms regarding the setup or my modding, I will address them in the following post:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I enjoyed the game, ecco.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Town had plenty of chances. Thanks for the game Ecco!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I am counting lj not killing me as a personal victory. This is my trophy from me, to me.

Stick around, lj, you were fun to play with~

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen you are a good scum player and your strategies in the earlier days are probably responsible for the earlier game, and you were fun to scheme with and seem like a cool guy.

However, you are in the wrong here. After the first time you were strategising in the scumdoc Ecco turned a blind eye and let you off with a warning, but you did it again while she was watching the doc. Whatever your opinion about the setup, you were objectively cheating.

However, that was a drat fun game and I enjoyed my first ever time as scum. Scumteam was great aside from the unpleasantness, and it was cool to see a game where we didn't bus each other once unless you count voting for someone who had been caught doing a kill.

Also CCKeane your ghost bullsiht got TMM killed. :argh: We used the assassin kill instead of the ninja kill because we weren't sure if the ninja would work on you.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Game was fun, town was kinda bad, Lumpen is a tosser.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

Stick around, lj, you were fun to play with~
Also I agree with this. I especially like how your terminology is slightly different than ours; it's like on the Walking Dead when two groups meet and have different names for zombies. It adds a lot of fun spice to our community.

I am opening another game soon LJ and you are invited if you like! It will be a lot less """crazy""" fwiw.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
cool game lots of fun ecco will def join your games in the future.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SirSamVimes posted:

Lumpen you are a good scum player and your strategies in the earlier days are probably responsible for the earlier game, and you were fun to scheme with and seem like a cool guy.

However, you are in the wrong here. After the first time you were strategising in the scumdoc Ecco turned a blind eye and let you off with a warning, but you did it again while she was watching the doc. Whatever your opinion about the setup, you were objectively cheating.

However, that was a drat fun game and I enjoyed my first ever time as scum. Scumteam was great aside from the unpleasantness, and it was cool to see a game where we didn't bus each other once unless you count voting for someone who had been caught doing a kill.

Also CCKeane your ghost bullsiht got TMM killed. :argh: We used the assassin kill instead of the ninja kill because we weren't sure if the ninja would work on you.

:ghost: Ho ho ho!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Who likes scumdocs!?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s609nUIEhHtK3kVULGk6u5O9j-Pz9PH2dQ6kTpvm-HQ/edit#gid=659705965

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Also I agree with this. I especially like how your terminology is slightly different than ours; it's like on the Walking Dead when two groups meet and have different names for zombies. It adds a lot of fun spice to our community.

I am opening another game soon LJ and you are invited if you like! It will be a lot less """crazy""" fwiw.

you say this every time!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have learned to ignore when an Ecco OP says it's a "traditional" game. :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the game Ecco. I had fun even though you made my jar useless. :mad:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

quote:

not gonna lie, I'll laugh if gamer gets lynched day 1 AGAIN

eat poo poo!!!!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
The ScumDoc
The events of last night are all highly adulterated at this point with various deletions and sanitizations, but I think all can be revealed with the history tool of anyone actually cared.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I locked the scum doc a few minutes ago. So it should be viewable but not editable.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Thanks for the game Ecco

I really apologize to the town for poor play. I made most of my posts while completely exhausted and didn't hav time to devote to actual analysis. My constant misreading of content and early game are evidence of this fact. I also let personal biases get the better of me. Some of girl's posting annoyed me early on and I allowed these feelings to taint my later analysis. This decision was catastrophic, as it caused me to dismiss very real and insightful posts from other players. I should have practiced what I preached regarding bias.

I would enjoy reading the scum doc, just to see how they dealt with the constant stream of items I gave them.

And I will be more distrustful of Lumpen in the future.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Lumpen posted:

The ScumDoc
The events of last night are all highly adulterated at this point with various deletions and sanitizations, but I think all can be revealed with the history tool of anyone actually cared.

Oh, just what I was looking for.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

Thanks for the game Ecco. I had fun even though you made my jar useless. :mad:

It was useless at night but the player who died with it (should have) been flipped as "town-aligned" because I am a """fun""" mod. I was super hoping someone would die with it while holding the dagger so they'd be a "Murderer (town-aligned assassin)"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Thanks for the game Ecco

I really apologize to the town for poor play. I made most of my posts while completely exhausted and didn't hav time to devote to actual analysis. My constant misreading of content and early game are evidence of this fact. I also let personal biases get the better of me. Some of girl's posting annoyed me early on and I allowed these feelings to taint my later analysis. This decision was catastrophic, as it caused me to dismiss very real and insightful posts from other players. I should have practiced what I preached regarding bias.

I would enjoy reading the scum doc, just to see how they dealt with the constant stream of items I gave them.

And I will be more distrustful of Lumpen in the future.

You saw a wagon on me that had Sam, Sam, and Lumpen, and you jumped on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

gamer look at your name under the info sheet.

• Locked thread