Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress it, I don't have the time or the sleep schedule to play mafia like I used to but let's do this thing

It's my first game in months so we all have to agree I live to D3 minimum, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rar :swoon:

I was mean to you in the last game you played and it's been a "the last words i said to my mom was gently caress you and then she died" sitch and it's been weighing on me. Sorry~

We always cool as ice, buddy :3::respek::3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yay! I've missed you <3

WOLFS 4 LYFE~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

Awesome. Nice to meet you Rarity.

Hello, friend! :)

Kashuno posted:

Oh man we are gonna have fun together :allears:

This avatar wasn't my idea! Why, you couldn't find a more trustworthy lass, just ask my friend Shmarity!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Rarity, what's new, bae?

I got promoted at work, found myself a proper social circle of friends and got disgusted by your use of the word bae

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

...I withdraw

Joke post!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

There is no reason to be afraid of me. I will lead us all into the glories of victory.

God DAMNIT Meinberg!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't understand this at all. Where is the mafia?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

We live in an era of creative stagnation where I write pulp fantasy novels that are also mafia games. It is marginally better than when I wrote pulp 50s sci-fi but definitely way less flourishing than the supernatural horror of French-based historical fiction.

Oh boy, I can't wait to get to the fireworks factory!

Arrentish lady please

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

I choose to adopt a PR where everything I write in this thread will be in character.

...Can I retract the disclaimer on my withdrawal post?

EccoRaven posted:

The game will begin Sunday morning. This is a realistic promise that I can actually reasonably keep, unlike my pie-in-the-sky promises of yore.

He doesn't say which Sunday, see all you guys on the 29th!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

see all you guys on the 29th!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going to skip to the last page of posts but act with authority over all of them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can we start playing mafia please? We don't even need to wait for role PMs, let's just do this thing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Awkward post to try to get us out of pre-role PM phase. ##vote Rarity

Jumping on somebody just trying to create content, this isn't the merk that I know as town

##vote merk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

I won't know. I'm not even going to read mine!

Not reading role PMs hmmmmm what are you trying to hide!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys I'm flavour claiming

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends I am in this game yes sirree I am

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

I apparently signed up for this game and ecco gave me my typical vanilla town role pm so I guess I am ready to find the scum

Dammit, I wanted to enjoy jokephase but you're not PMom so I don't like the immediate VT claim. It seems :siren: shifty :siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote SirSamVines greedy

Oh look and then you jump on Sam with a vote that could easily be played off as a joke or pushed as a serious case.

Boo, Hal.

Boo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

What drew your attention in it?

If I'm reading diqnol right I'm guessing it's the strong early defence of Sam that would be a strong connection if one of you ends up flipping scum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

Ah so we're already starting fully in earnest? Why not give things more of a chance to simmer?

Attacking Meinberg in jokephase is how 80% of mafia games start :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

Nah. We meta too. And I'm usually the person that gets too serious too quickly. I was planning on waiting until at least D2 before going full on LJ on you guys.

Where do you normally play your mafia?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

Solid post, Sam's pushing to create content in the early game without guiding opinions or attacking someone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

Obviously when I said Sam I meant TM shut up everyone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Well it's about time you checked in given how badly you wanted the game to start yesterday.

I was asleep then working, I'm live in England so the times I'm around are all askew

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samfucius posted:

This is why jokephase bugs me a bit sometimes, especially in big games. People who show up late have to make a bunch of empty posts like this or else they're gonna look like lurkers, especially when looking only at post counts.

What I'm saying is liking one post is pretty worthless.

Explain how players providing content by giving opinions on other players is a bad thing, especially on D1.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samfucius posted:

Content would be great.

"This post is good" is not content.

It's a positive read on a player, an extra connection that can be used once one of us flips. Creating those is what D1 is all about.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

Actually, there are pretty much 0 worlds where I support lynching him today. How do we know what the pearl does if we instakill the beholder?

This is an overly serious reaction to a very jokey post from Hal. Later on she claims that she understands jokephase so why does she react the way she does here? It could be supporting a scum buddy as I already mentioned, it could be she knows the pearl is bad for town. That's all speculation though, my main issue with this post is that I don't see it as a towny way of thinking. If Sam's the scummiest then he should be lynched, pearl or no pearl. This reaction says that ltrigirl is judging the lynch target by a different metric.

ljtrigirl posted:

I can tell from your avatar that your head is not empty.

But this post was.

Oh hey, it's the traditional Attacking Meinberg Case(TM). We all know Meinberg, we know what he's like on D1, he's such an easy target on D1 cause he's such an awkward poster. I think ljtrigirl's just looking for the easiest target here and doesn't realise that we understand him.

ljtrigirl posted:

Dangit. I'm trying to be all easygoing this game.

So ignore that last post.

Already been mentioned but backpeddling

ljtrigirl posted:

I can be a bit..... assertive? I'm trying not to be so much anymore. idk. Self control is one of those things that I lack.

This is her making excuses for her playstyle, it's a very defensive move made out of desire to survive.

##vote ljtrigirl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but D1 speculation is more likely to lead town in the wrong direction because there is nothing to base the speculation on.

Anything is likely to lead town in the wrong direction. We have zero information so the chances are we're lynching town today. It seems like you're trying to make excuses to avoid getting lynched for something that got you lynched in the past.

CCKeane posted:

Rarity is postin' good.

*strums another merry tune*

Sorry, I hear posts like these are pretty worthless

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I think Rarity may be trying to protect ltj

How so?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I mean, do you disagree with it?

Wait for it :unsmigghh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

Well, I didn't think his thing about lynching the pearl guy was a joke. Regardless, I wanted to get that out there. There is more than just one scum. And while I lynch claims that I don't believe, if the pearl kills people, we would have to spend a lynch on him if he is scum.

I'm trying to parse the second part of this sentence and it is making zero sense to me. You lynch claims you don't trust but if the pearl kills people (why would we assume that?) we would have to use a day lynching him if he's scum (as we would any scum). And what does there being more than one scum matter, if Sam's the scummiest he should still be lynched.

PS. Please call it scum instead of evil, it sounds so wrong

ljtrigirl posted:

Also, I have a harsh playstyle. One of the reasons that I came to this site is that I'm trying to be less full on assertive all the time.

Oh boy did you come to the wrong town

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I feel like we're talking about different things though. I mean, it's not like I was suggesting permainvincibility for the person holding the pearl. But given that there are multiple evils AND we don't know what the pearl does but the game seems to be focused on it, why would you be that opposed to a one day no touching period? Like, I'm assuming it's a crucial part of the game. Why wouldn't we trying to figure it out early?

At the end of the day mafia is mafia. All the roles and setup and gimmicks are just that, the crux of the game is on reading people and finding contradictions and flaws. Why put that aside to focus on a gimmick which is highly unlikely to change the core of the game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

It is good to let new scum live because they tend to link themselves to more experienced scum who would be harder to figure out otherwise.

Keane, who do you think is scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

How is a person new to SA going to know about Meinberg's meta?

The point is she doesn't know his meta so that's why she makes the post. Taken out of context I don't see it as a post worth making a fuss about.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Why am I town?

Any thoughts on ljtrigirl?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No D1 newbie pass?

a) I've always thought that was for mafia newbies, not SA mafia newbies

b) It goes against my whole 'vote for the scummiest' reasoning

Lumpen posted:

Yeah, I see it.
##Vote Samfucius

Scumpen.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Wait, what post are you referring to not taking out of context?

Meinberg's post that she initially jumped on

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I will wait to see things about other people from Rarity. I have this problem where I'm unable to rationally evaluate people accusing me of being evil.

The combo of Lumpen bandwagoning and the weird reads based on a mod post reads scummy to me. I also didn't like Samfu's anti-content posts cause it's white noise but I haven't seen enough to have a full on case yet.

ljtrigirl posted:

Most other empty posts so far in the game seemed to have a point.

Ooh, this looks fun. Show me some empty posts made so far and explain the the points you think they're making.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

if there's meta here I'd like to hear it.

No meta, just a read.

Don't like gamer's sideline RPing shtick either now that we've started properly mafiaing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Merk, I want you to know that if I felt like I could handle it right now, I could maneuver around you without a sweat. I see what it is you're doing. I'm just not in a good place to do it right now so you're just going to be proven scum through your play.

I'd be happy to vote diqnol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

This is just a standard lurker poke:

I'd like to see some posts from Chaoslord, ANarc, QPQ and Jedit.

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

A lurker callout on the second day of D1? Seriously?

• Locked thread