Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco is this game setup cool enough for me or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

it's all vanilla town.

The coolest setup of all!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You tell 'em Ecco!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

*coughs violently at OP* You're a heathen if you don't pronounce eye and aye in identical inflections.

Yep, agreed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco can I be a genderless Mereaux instead?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

there is no such thing as non-binary in mereaux society, this is much like real life, however if you want to roleplay as someone who is agender or bigender or multigender you are more than welcome I can't stop you we live in a free country life is a rich tapestry.

This is why you are the best mod or maybe the most frustrating one, I can't decide

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I apparently signed up for this game and ecco gave me my typical vanilla town role pm so I guess I am ready to find the scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeez that happened fast

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote SirSamVines greedy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ljtrigirl posted:

If you die, I appreciate your sacrifice.

Help him die!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How are we out of joke phase already? You guys are fun killers. Will actually read thread tomorrow when I'm awake.

Once you are done please summarize for me so I don't have to read, thanks.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok, Anonymous Narcotics totally let me down and didn't do poo poo so I just read and caught up.

##vote Samfucious this is the correct vote.

Also people who do not like Keane or Meinburg's posting need to get out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm about to embark on an 8 hour drive but when I get to a hotel tonight in thrilling Billings, MT I will have nothing to do but post in mafia games so expect more substance from me then, thanks.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sorry hal, I said I would do it tomorrow (which is now today) and I just woke up! How about you fill me in since you did read.

Samfucious is hemming and hawwing and struggling to appear engaged in a very scummy way.

New players are put off by veterans with goofy posting styles.

QPQ gives me bad vibes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

So you read the thread, but instead of replying to complaints about you you jump on an easy vote.

I'm leaning scum on Hal.

What complaints?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Hal
Lumpen
Sam

Thoughts on Diqnol? Sam, you've voted him. Expand.

Diqnol seems pretty townie to me so far. I think he's in his more casual flippancy mode that I associate with town and I get the feeling he believes what he's saying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh that hang on let me get my response ready...
:nexus:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This bottle knight might actually be a bad guy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Or maybe he's alright

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why does QPQ give you bad vibes? I thought his posting was particularly townie actually.

I swear I saw something when I was reading this morning but I don't see what it was now. I must have meant someone else, I will see if I can find it again.

oh and because I forgot where I was before...

##unvote
##vote Samfucius

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bottle Knight why are you so riled up about what people are or aren't doing like halfway through the first day?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Because Keane is making good cases and not voting. I wanted him to confirm that there was a reason for this.

Everyone knows ghost can't vote, silly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Because Keane is making good cases and not voting. I wanted him to confirm that there was a reason for this.

But I meant in general, not just with Keane. You were all fired up about lurkers earlier too. Just relax and let things come to you it's totally the best that way

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

And that person is Hal.

His first vote against SamV is a little opportunistic perhaps, but not bad over all because SamV had grabbed the pearl. So no big deal there even with a jokey post asking lj to help SamV die.

But what bothers me is his next post asking ANarc to summarize the thread so he didn't have to read it and then in his next post is a light jab at ANarc for letting him down, so he did a re-read with this post:

There's no justification for the vote, it's just jumping on a train that's starting to move and it feels very opportunistic to me. As a driver, I can't fault him for excusing himself for several hours to do a long drive, although I don't really like the the casual dismissal of BKs questioning. But what bothers me is this post:

This is the second person to noticeably unvote and revote the same exact player and it just feels fake and scummy to me. Especially when it's followed up with his next few posts asking BK why he is so riled up and trying to tell him how to play. I don't like any of it and it feels worse to me than diqnol at the moment, so that's where my vote is going.

##vote Hal

I should also note that Hal also makes a light defense of diqnol by saying he seems pretty townie so far, which doesn't make him look better in my eyes because I also think diqnol is scummy. But between the two, diqnol seems more engaged (despite tunneling on merk) while Hal has seemed disengaged and uncaring.

Also, yes, I did write both of these posts up one after the other in separate tabs because it helped me organize my thoughts better.

TMMadman, I don't know about the other person, but my unvote/revote was because I had not followed proper Ecco format and therefore my vote had not counted because I had an earlier vote on SirSamVimes so there was no special intent other than to actually record my vote. See the votecount that Ecco had posted a little earlier to confirm my statement.

Also you do realize that I defended diqnol because merk specifically asked me for my thoughts, which I provided. I'm sorry if our opinions on diqnol differ, but I tent to think that I am right here.

Also also it hurts that you think I don't care. No one cares more than me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes Rarity you got me, I am transparent scum not playing my usual on-point D1 game and hiding behind jokes and not taking the game too seriously early on. drat YOU ARE GOOD.

Does this happen in like literally every game we play together? Do you want me to actually address these points because they are all pretty silly. Do you really believe in this as strongly as you are putting out there?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

So yes, Hal.

I said it at the time, this immediate VT claim stands out to me. VT is always a worthless claim that you can throw out at any time but it's rare to see actual VT immediately claim (unless it's PMom). Scum always fall back on VT as a failsafe claim even though they're then scared of being caught by watchers/trackers. I think Hal's trying to pull a double bluff here, make a show of how unafraid of the PRs he is by putting the claim out early.

Again, already said this but this is a vote on the player that chose to stand out which Hal can later play as either a joke or serious. It's giving him an excuse to put a vote down without having to make an opinion and allowing him to keep his options open.

Jumping on the most solid bandwagon going just like TM said.

Hal mentions QPQ's name, forgets about him, brushes it off when asked about it later and then forgets about finding the original source of his bad vibes. He's just tossing out QPQ's name to look like he's doing things without having any genuine reads.

He's sort of suspicious of BK but maybe not but perhaps he's scum but oh well, let's just have a little joke about things instead. Like I pointed out, he's just having a go at BK for playing mafia. BK's not really doing anything particularly crazy to count as "riled up". And then he doesn't follow through with suspicion, he ends up playing it off as a chill joke/slight mafia dadding. It looks like again Hal's just throwing out names and questions to look like he's contributing without having anything of actual value to offer.

In short, there is nothing in Hal's post history of any actual substance and combined with his early claim I feel confident in my read. Let's lynch Hal for a better tomorrow.

Oh here I will just humor you.

VT claim - 1) I claimed VT in my first post in the last Ecco game, which I was. 2) At the start of this game I asked ecco if the setup was going to be cool, he said it was going to be all vanilla, I responded saying that would be cool and then when I got my role... how could I not come in and post about the glory of my VT role. Try looking at things with more context when you analyze.

Sir Sam Vines vote - This is probably the silliest part of your whole case. I have literally never seen anything be "put up for grabs" in a thread where it wasn't immediately claimed by whoever the next person to post is regardless of alignment. Why wouldn't it be? Do you genuinely believe that was a serious vote I was setting up for a case later? Like I was going to base something on "this guy grabbed the thing first literally everyone was going to try and grab". Also have you played with me before? Do you know me in my first post of a game to be working some angle? Or do you see me do nothing but goof around early in every game regardless of alignment?

Samfucious - You are right I jumped on the guy who was posting poorly most recently and a couple other people said was bad. Do you have some particular reason for thinking Sam ISN'T bad and that my vote isn't good? Sorry I didn't elaborate to say the same things the 3 people who voted before me said but I was in a rush about to leave for the day and did my usual early-game act of analyzing existing cases and agreeing with the best ones. That's what I do when I don't have the time to do some in-depth casing, something I generally save for a little later in the game if my time is limited.

QPQ - Sorry I haven't had the chance to go back and figure out what I meant yet. I got tired last night and once again I am about to go to work. You are right though, that is actually a poor play on my part and I won't try to excuse it.

BK - Guy is acting weird, put a lot of stock in your very early suspicion of me, seems to randomly call out players for not posting in a style he likes and just seemed a little over-aggressive in his early reads and callouts, especially in a game that is still in its relative infancy. Also his snide remark when I posted yesterday morning that implied there was some swell of suspicion around me I was ignoring when in fact it was one post by you all irked about my VT claim and SSV vote and another post by him going "yeah, that" and that was it totally rubbed me the wrong way. I still don't like it but it's hard to argue against "that's just my style"

I don't mind you calling me out and asking for more Rarity, but you seem awfully sure about yourself based on some rather tenuous evidence that sounds like something you could say about me in D1 of every single game and I think you are reaching very hard with the first parts of your case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for the shout out Ecco

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hello everyone! I think the last time I had to replace out it was chaoslord who took over for me, happy to return the favor haha.

I'll read this thing tomorrow, anything I should be looking out for?

I guess you have to look at the merk/diqnol thing but it'll probably make you fall asleep.

Look at Samfucius he still seems off to me.

I'd say look at Rarity because she seems a little tunneled but that may be my bias because I am a constant target of her attacks.

Look at me and tell me how handsome I am

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello I just got home, sorry I won't be travelling much going forward I hope so I will be less of a flake tomorrow.

Given the situation at hand, I will

##unvote
##vote Gamer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes. That is how I read what you posted. Now read what I posted and look back at what Lumpen said again.

I have looked over all of this diqnol and I don't think this is fake scum lumpen at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't know about the PinMom case. He does spend a ot of time just shooting people down and not commenting on too much, but his post where he sort of cases ljtrlgirl makes some decent points and feels more genuine than manufactured. The point that he spends a lot of time casing her on D1 without voting is fair, but I also buy the explanation about her being new.

There are things there to raise suspicion, but I am getting a more townie feel from PinMom at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Real analysis there from Pin

I do see the difference in posting styles when compared to that game, but it also seems like maybe it was a factor of how much time was spent on the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with merk's case. PMom reads to me as someone who is dissatisfied with their scumteam. ##vote PMom

Yeah I really don't like that built-in defense. LJ is not really pinging me because I like her scumhunting but immediate hedges like this just make you look bad.

The last time PMom was dissatisfied with his scumteam (and the setup) he just stopped posting period. He's actually making a conscious effort to contribute this game and he's felt concerned enough to make sure we know why he can't post much at the moment. This is not the actions of disengaged PinMom

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Merk I was at work all day and now I'm drunk and at a going away party

I'm the one whose going away

I said it in thread okay bye

merk please analyze this post for veracity

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Here is the Hal post that is bothering me.

Fair, it's a little awkward. I actually started to post that I agreed with you (andljtrlgirl) but then halfway through I changed my mind and started all over so it probably is a bit more "constructed" just because I was going back and forth in my head a few times about which way I was leaning.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TNL is very convincing this game, he's making me question my read on Lumpen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So he's just bad at the game, even when he isn't listing? -_-

His points aren't honest logic and I don't feel like he's actually invested in finding scum.

Yes, after TNL's points I started to doubt my original read and I am not as convinced he's town. I do think he's a bit more... blustery usually when he's scum but he's not following through and expanding on his points in a very town way. I'm open to voting him or merk at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Add me into the "not buying the ghost/can't vote" pile

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey Lumpen just an FYI being overemotional doesn't make me fake, some people do in fact feel things

I still feel hurt that I never got that letter Diqnol :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Suggests he's town btw

Oh yes, I am not saying Keane is scummy, just that he's having a lark (all the cool kids still say "having a lark" right?)

• Locked thread