Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I want to play, but I assume it will spoil the games, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Not unless you guys spoil them.

The events aren't really going to be actual stories from the games.

Ok great :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey everyone.

##frozen flame

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##grab

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well I suppose I'm not selfish anyway

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##join

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

wtf :mad:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asii reaching p quick

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

U tried really hard but u failed basically

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

So what's the story here

random events happen in thread, I can do it once per day

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

We are the only friends we have
And if there’s nothing left
And I fall, we don’t fall apart

We’re all just weird kids in the end
We’re all just weird kids

is this earthbound

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is that part of your role? I don't have anything in my pm referencing challenges

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

You know this was my initial reaction as well but in thinking about it more I'm pausing now, because what does she have to gain as scum by doing this?

If her being scum did make them lose the fight, then it's unnecessarily painting a target on herself.

If her being scum didn't contribute to that, then it's also unnecessarily painting a target on the three of them, with herself as scum included.

What's more interesting to me is that you floated this idea but didn't seem to think about it at all like I just did. Part of the reason I was suspicious of it was because the two potato av's in a row made it look like she posted four times about it but it was actually you...and you would know that since you were involved in the exchange, so you wouldn't have that outside observer "why is Asiina freaking out over this" kneejerk like I did.

What gives, Taste?

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon, where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

It read to me like overcompensation, playing up the failure more so than I felt about it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mith, what do you think of Asii?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I stand by my suspicion of her, I thought it would be apparent from my explanation but I guess not

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And given that she and I have both weighed in on how we feel I'd like him to also beyond just claiming it couldn't be his fault

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd rather live, I like my cool randomizer role

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

to be clear, opop, do you think one of us is scum? Or are you itching for reads? Or just to kill someone!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

to be clear then you think that the only way it would fail is with a scum, and on top of that a scum couldn't make it fail externally?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's only because I said I had a gay encounter in my time

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I suspect it was sabotaged yes. Do you have reason to believe scum can affect them from outside? How would that work?
It only make sense with a risk or as an x shot so seems stupid to waste now

Well, I guess I don't buy that it was sabotaged as it doesn't really make sense from a scum perspective to risk outing themselves like that if the mechanic isn't integral to the game. if anything it would seem in their benefit to build up the town cred by having it succeed and grabbing the points for purchases along the way

If they aren't involved it could make sense to crash it if they think the prize to town will be considerable, but for the first challenge of the game that seems unlikely unless they think they could drive suspicion onto someone and direct the lynch that way. Note that's not meant as an accusation of you

so if it's a dumb play for scum to sabotage on the inside and at best a middling play to sabotage from the outside, i think it's just possible our party sucked. I think it's the reasonable conclusion, and the fact that asiina jumped to a different one really confuses me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

on top of that, if mithross is what he says he is as a challenge monster, that sort of implies both asii and I would have to sabotage to compensate, and surely you don't think we're that dumb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

I don't get this post. So far everyone involved has said they didn't get any input regarding how that went down, but you seem to be implying here that scum would know they would get to submit if it succeeded or not, as evidenced by the fact that you were saying a scum would know it was a risk going into it.
That's...kinda of a weird jump to make if you, as town, didn't really know what the hell was going on.

I mean Asiina's response reads far more genuine in that regard. Why are you so certain that scum would know how their involvement would make the event play out?

Can you rephrase the bolded?

And in any scenario, scum know what's going to happen wrt their joining a mission, I don't follow

1) scum can choose to sabotage or succeed

2) scum can only attempt to sabotage

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

those are the only possible scenarios, in fact, if we believe scum can sabotage. They would know so going in, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

actually, I could see another scenario outside of a town failure

if scum is *compelled* to sabotage, but was unaware, that explains joining up d1 and drawing heat

still, though, with mithross' claimed super-event powers that suggests that to compensate both asiina and I would have to be scum

if he's telling the truth it speaks to her town alignment in my eyes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

with that I'm going to bed, I guess

it felt like more of a eureka moment than it looks once I posted it

I don't understand how you think scum choosing whether or not to sabotage would be a weird jump, quid, as that's the basis of resistance and avalon

I guess we can talk about that tomorrow!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You either think scum sabotaged it or you don't

If you do, you have to think there is a sabotage mechanic

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're almost intentionally misinterpreting my words around to make common sense seem like the strangest thing in the world

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Like, if you think that the event failed because someone on it was scum that inherently means you think a scum person's presence fucks it up

If you think that a scum persons presence fucks it up, it's because they sabotage it

If they sabotage it, they probably have a choice, like in somber's game that pig and I were in last fall

If they don't, they know going in that they will sabotage

Find the error

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You even acknowledge that opop has raised the same line of reasoning im working under and yet somehow act mystified I'm working under it!

It seems insincere and weird, like a supplementary gotcha off of the event failure

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna try to sleep for real, it's 3:00 am :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm saying that by following the mechanics of svum=fqilure it would require both of us to be scum

As I know that to be false I buy us all as town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

The strangest callout since I've already shown that TT's opinion on the sabotage element has changed from "definitely not" to "almost certainly."

What? My opinion has been from the start, consistently, that it wasn't sabotaged. The entirety of my posting today is trying to convince people that isn't what occurred. Are you confusin me with someone else?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Why do you know that to be false? What told you that was not how the event worked?

I know it's not false because I am not scum, and the hypo is dependent on mithross going into the event with me and Asii both scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm trying to disprove the incorrect premise that opop is going to use to kill either Asii or me

There could very well be a sabotage mechanic but in no application of said mechanic I can think of does it make sense that a scum sabotaged this past mission

And what do you mean "so much time"

It's d1 and we're a mile from deadline, I'm talking about something that actually happened rather than fabricating :masterstroke:s out of things that didn't happen

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

I guess in reviewing Asiina is the one who flat out said "this is a possibility" and I thought you had said that since you're both loving potatoes right now but you have consistantly been dancing around the idea and floating hypothesis you don't believe to be true which is a waste of time and a distraction. Why do it? What do you gain?

You also flat out said "the scum would know how their mechanics work for that event" and I see nothing in thread that tells us that is true. You haven't responded to that. Why are you 100% certain that is the case?

It's all we have to go on right now, and I don't think mechanics talk is worthless if it doesn't preclude scum hunting. I think focusing on me/moth/asii will do that.

I think it's only reasonable to assume the scum would know if they sabotage events or not. I don't have any confirmation of it but by the same token I don't have confirmation that scum have a nightkill either and yet I'm going to operate as if I have confirmed proof they do

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mithross posted:

I also never said I was megapowered, just have a different bonus.

If your flavor is from the time/dimension an event is occuring in, you are worth extra in that event, compared to someone from somewhere/when else. Instead of that, I give a somewhat smaller (I'm not sure how much) bonus to all events. Essentially, I always count as being home. It's a passive ability.

What does this even mean, though? Do you know how events are calculated?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna go to bed at 3:40 and nothing will stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I see that, but I'm asking if you have any information that could help determine what happened

• Locked thread