Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

I will play your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CapitalistPig posted:

FYI, if you've signed up and haven't sent me a pm with your choices ill choose for you on Monday and it'll be full RNG.

I will get you my pm, my ride to work showed up early

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I just sent it! Technically not a liar, I just said I'd get it to you, not that I'd get it to you on time...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Pig, please make Kumba and myself confirmed masons in addition to anything else we have going on, I want to have a Moe's friend to talk to

So, you are basically asking to be scumbro's with Kumba then.

I'm watching you...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiineko posted:

a bunch of things I agree with

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Confirming!

I got the character I added to my list primarily because I was fairly sure nobody else would have picked it, but I'm pretty happy with how things worked out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Accept or Deny? Are you asking him if he believes in the sword? Will you accept the slime coated garbage some pink dog found into your heart, as your one and only savior?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

i dont know why i have such a gross disgusting sword while I am a cuddly pink pup

You obviously found it in that stupid hydra swamp that is stupid and I hate it so drat much

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Imgay being a stump for N1 and D1 is probably the best possible outcome of the day so far

Confirming I am awesome

Also now I am wishing I had submitted Lavos as my role, dammit.

Damnit, I should've picked Time Devourer. We could've been a time traveling, time fighting, humanity devouring duo!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I played about halfway through Cross then got bored and moved on, but I've played through Trigger more than any other game except maybe Snakeeater

I played the living hell out of both games. I go back and play Chrono Trigger again every so often (although I need to pick up a DS copy the next time I go back, I only played through that one once). Cross I've never gone back to (although I did get every ending back when it came out).

Earthbound is probably my most played game ever, though. Then CT, then FF6. Man I loved me some SNES.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

Maybe you should've left out the song lyrics and you'd've gotten it!!

Well, every single one of his posts since the game started has rhymed, so I'm guessing it's not his fault

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

The three quickest people struggle over the bag for a moment but chic trombone proves the nimblest and snags the bag!

She opens it to find 10 Silver Points!

Quick, blow it all gambling, and report back on what happens!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

There is an event in a few hours, that might get people talking

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##join

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Probably. I got a bonus to the event (although not the same bonus a 1000ad person would have given), so either Gato is buff or we were sabotaged.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Is that part of your role? I don't have anything in my pm referencing challenges

Everyone gets a bonus if the event is in their time/dimension, that's in the OP. My character instead gets a lesser bonus to any event, but has no home location to a get a full bonus in.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

imgay posted:

Guys doing today's event, YOUR FIRED

I am pretty ashamed of myself. But I'm more ashamed of my party membera, whose fault it clearly is.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I also never said I was megapowered, just have a different bonus.

If your flavor is from the time/dimension an event is occuring in, you are worth extra in that event, compared to someone from somewhere/when else. Instead of that, I give a somewhat smaller (I'm not sure how much) bonus to all events. Essentially, I always count as being home. It's a passive ability.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

There is still a small chance you could lose though so be careful!

People from 1000AD will get a bonus to this Event if they join the party.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, I see that, but I'm asking if you have any information that could help determine what happened

Just what I've said so far. I know I provided some sort of bonus, and Pig said there was a small chance we might lose. We could have been super unlucky, or there could have been a sabotage in effect. My PM said things were exciting, but we lost in the end. Basically what's already been paraphrased.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I think Kumba has slipped into dadaism.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Hello again
I still can't remember how this all began
One thing left to do
So I'm here now and I've got a gift for you

Thanks! Is it bigger or smaller than a bread box?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I have a question: Kumba, does someone have to ask for/accept whatever it is you are talking about?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I don't like WWM, that vote on Quidnose was super weak, and it was never revisited. WWM pointed out several scummy things KB did, even called him scum, but never actually changed votes.

##vote WWM

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

laaaaaaaame who wants a sword

I'll risk it.

Also, imgay really was Donald Trump. That's wonderful.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Jakep coughs up a sword that is crackling with dark energy and exudes an evil aura.

Mithross do you ##accept the sword or ##Deny it

I'm sure this can only end well. I mean, the Masamune was pretty sweet, right?

##accept

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

If I die, somebody make the dog sleep outside in the rain.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

nice wheres my cut
They're all mine now, I apparently pawned/exploded the Masamune for these 20 silver points.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Mithross how many games have you played?

7 or 8? A few. You'd have to check votefinder.

Why am I scum, quid? Because I haven't been playing much on a Friday and saturday? I'm a chef, weekends are crazy days. That's also why I did a quick case on WWM and never came back before deadline; I was working. I'm working right now, in fact. This is a bathroom post.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##join

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Super good to know everyone is hanging around watching the thread and not participating in any of the discussion.

Especially you, Mithross.

I'm rereading right now, there's a post incoming, don't worry. I know you wait with bated breath for my every word.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

I'm voting the claimed scum. If you want to keep up your slap fight with jake, great, that'll make for good reading tomorrow, but there's no reason to interrupt you two otherwise when the more you talk the more I can try to learn alignment from

That's a good point, and something I should do.

##vote WWM

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Who was on that mission? Do we think it's fair that one of them is scum?

It was me, Chaos, and Chic

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Meaning that with both suspicion on me and TT as the content leaders yesterday a doc would have assumed that a NK was not coming TT's way.

How do you figure? If a doc had figured you as the scum in that exchange, they might have decided you would do the obvious (not smart, but obvious), scum move and just nk him.

Or a doc might have concluded you were both town, and tried to protect one of you.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I mean I figure because I just explained my thought process as to why, if I were the doc, I would not have protected TT? I don't know why you are asking "how do you figure" when that was the clarifying point.

I don't believe if a doc thought I was scum they also would have believed I'd be dumb enough to kill my main person engaged with. That's a major waste of a protect.

And why would a doc believe that scum would kill one of us rather than a person who gives way less information based on thread interactions?

How do you figure is a colloquialism that implies, in this case, that what you have decided as fact I feel there is doubt about.

Scum kills aren't always logical. You've eaten a few fear kills lately, despite the fact that it gives the thread a bunch of information, just because you are scary.

I'm not saying I'm sure that a doc targeted TT, just that it's got some decent possibility of happening, while you seem to be completely dismissing it as an option.

My actual theory is that TT got a ton of SP for making us lose to Gato, and got a protect out of it somehow. He had two items when he died, but I don't believe he didn't buy anything from 1000AD before we time hopped.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Especially since you were very excited about your role, I don't see why you aren't playing very much.

I gave you a short, dickish answer yesterday, I just got to this point in the thread. To be a little more clear, my role depends entirely on the actions of others to let me use abilities. As of yet, I haven't gotten to do anything with it. Part of that is us failing both challenges. (Sorry Opop, I wasn't sure you were around, and hoped my lesser bonus would be enough to let us win)

That doesn't have anything to do with me not playing, but it's why I haven't been as excited about my role.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I gave you a short, dickish answer yesterday, I just got to this point in the thread during my reread. To be a little more clear, my role depends entirely on the actions of others to let me use abilities. As of yet, I haven't gotten to do anything with it. Part of that is us failing both challenges. (Sorry Opop, I wasn't sure you were around, and hoped my lesser bonus would be enough to let us win)

That doesn't have anything to do with me not playing, but it's why I haven't been as excited about my role.

Mafia edit

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

People talking about lynching WWM are all scummy. There is just as much of a chance he is some town that just wants to be killed out of the game on his way out of mafia. Let him be replaced or killed, it doesn't help us to apathy lynch him because he quit unless you felt he was scummy before his scumclaim.

I absolutely thought he was scummy before the claim, but you're right about waiting for CPig to deal with it, since he says he has plans.

##unvote

Chic Trombone has made very little contribution to any conversation.

Chic Trombone posted:

I said I didn't know where to enter the conversation, not that I didn't have opinions, you dingus.

Things have slowed down right now, why not weigh in? This is the only opinion of yours I've seen so far. (Well, there was the post were you originally said you thought taste was town, but I'm lumping it into this)

Chic Trombone posted:

Also I thought Taste was scum until D2 when I thought I had ~reason to believe~ he was town, but it turned out he was 3P so vOv

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

His plans may very well just be replacement. That won't change how scummy he is. It will just put someone new in the position of me hounding them.

If it is a replacement, I will be right back voting with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

KB, do you have an opinion in anything else that has happened?

Motorola, same question. I separate you out because you promised a reread which you clearly did and posted an opinion on but you completely ignored the stuff with JakeP and I. That was basically a reread of people talking about you km the thread?

I was building a post around that when I realized I was running late for work. I agree on jakes one point he's made, I don't see how you could have started casing him and not realized he's claimed, with that giant pink dog picture about five posts in.

Outside of that, he's done very little to contribute content, just hand out swords, while you have built other cases. If I were going to land on one side or the other, I'd vote jake.

(I'm guessing I'm motorola? But chic never talked about me, so I'm not sure where you are going with that)

• Locked thread