Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
Carly Fiorina
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Jim Gilmore
View Results

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kurt_Cobain posted:

I missed the first half, have they given up on gay marriage? They were totally fired up about abortion still but I heard nothing about the gays.

Perry compared it to Dred Scott and said the Supreme Court ruling was a mistake

You read that correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Joementum posted:

Rick Santorum said that it was just as finished as the Dred Scott decision.

I hope he's literally right about the comparison :sherman:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
:psyduck: They're declaring Fiorina the winner and Jindal as "a close second"?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BGrifter posted:

It's literally whoever the GOP tells them to push as a frontrunner.

Politics is more rigged than pro wrestling.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Rick Santorum said that it was just as finished as the Dred Scott decision.

Rick Santorum does not understand how the SCOTUS/legislative branch works.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Drastic Actions posted:

Rick Santorum does not understand how the SCOTUS/legislative branch works.

As a constitutional literalist, I think Congress can do whatever the gently caress it wants.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

BGrifter posted:

They are pushing her very hard as being the person who won the debate. It couldn't be more obvious.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
So my aunt is now super energized about Fiorina. How the hell did this happen?

It's hilarious how both debates are going to be won by no experience having motherfuckers haha.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teaches of Peaches posted:

They are pushing her very hard as being the person who won the debate. It couldn't be more obvious.

Trump is going to beat the poo poo out of everyone tonight, everyone will concede, and Fox will still say "Jeb Bush clearly has control of this race!"

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

alpha_destroy posted:

So my aunt is now super energized about Fiorina. How the hell did this happen?

It's hilarious how both debates are going to be won by no experience having motherfuckers haha.

She could have collapsed on stage and still have been worshipped by Fox as the "winner". Everyone else got "THANKYOU GOVERNOR!" within 2 seconds of the bell, but Fiorina was allowed to go on, and on, and on. And on.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never dreamed i would live to see such days as these with my own two eyes

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Teaches of Peaches posted:

Fiorina meh, I'll give them that, it's not outside of the realm of possibility someone watching could think that. But loving Jindal as second???

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces says Carly won.

https://www.facebook.com/newtgingrich/videos/10153496775214197/

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BGrifter posted:

Fiorina meh, I'll give them that, it's not outside of the realm of possibility someone watching could think that. But loving Jindal as second???

"We have a woman and a kind-of-brownish person - keep them viable as possible running mates for the general"

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I guess you are right. She was pretty unknown compared to some of the other faces and held her own so maybe she gained the most from the debate., but Jindal getting second is odd.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

They think Fiorina will pull fence sitting Hillary voters to consider the GOP.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Trump picking Fiorina as his running mate is going to be the most beautiful slaughter next summer when Bernie just shits all over the both of them.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
From the party perspective Fiorina is best used as a weapon against Hillary, since she can savage her without worrying about it looking sexist etc.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how long was this? do i have enough time to watch it before the main event?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thump! posted:

Trump picking Fiorina as his running mate is going to be the most beautiful slaughter next summer when Bernie just shits all over the both of them.

A failed CEO and a child of an inherited fortune - it's like setting up a hunter in front of a wingless duck and a legless deer.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Zaphod42 posted:

Watching old videos, Jindal's fake southern accent is definitely more prominent tonight than ever before.

Its sad really.

Uh, dude was born in Louisiana and besides college he's lived in Louisiana all his life. He's not faking an accent.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Abel Wingnut posted:

how long was this? do i have enough time to watch it before the main event?

About an hour twenty, so if you start right now, yes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The GOP is likely very desperate for a credible woman to stick on the ticket since the expiration date on that other one is about 7.5 years past due.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
For some reason it's really hard to find women who aren't pro-choice!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

weekly font posted:

The GOP is likely very desperate for a credible woman to stick on the ticket since the expiration date on that other one is about 7.5 years past due.

Condoleezza would have been perfect

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

"Mildly pro-choice"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

But then they'd have to stop pretending they don't need votes of racist whites. But yeah she really was.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

Uh, dude was born in Louisiana and besides college he's lived in Louisiana all his life. He's not faking an accent.

He's clearly had some emergency voice coaching though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EugeneJ posted:

Trump is going to beat the poo poo out of everyone tonight, everyone will concede, and Fox will still say "Jeb Bush clearly has control of this race!"

Yeah this is spot on.

Nintendo Kid posted:

I know but look at even his recent state of the union gaffe speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFK8aTpYAmg

There's some accent there but its subtle. He was playing it up tonight.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Has Fiorina even held loving office before?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

PerpetualSelf posted:

she drove hewlett-packard into the loving ground and that's the most of her qualification

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Do the Republicans really think attacking Planned Parenthood and the Iran deal will win them the white house or are any kind of topics to base a national campagin on?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

BGrifter posted:

There's been a very strong effort among the Very Serious People class to push Fiorina going back months now, it's really bizarre and obvious because she has absolutely zero grassroots support. Hugh Hewitt actually said that she had "huge momentum" in an interview with her because some GOP establishment hacks published some (probably paid) editorials praising her on some lovely news website, it's really pathetic to watch.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Do the Republicans really think attacking Planned Parenthood and the Iran deal will win them the white house or are any kind of topics to base a national campagin on?

They were basically soft topics that everyone knew they would share the same opinion on with some very subtle differences. There weren't really hard topics beyond the opener and there was only a little bit of trying to keep them on topic when they went off track.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

PerpetualSelf posted:

Corner office in HP before loving it sideways.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Bhabi Jindal

sorry, its just fun to say

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Graham very briefly became the most talked about person running for office (courtesy of the Washington Post).

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

QuoProQuid posted:

Graham very briefly became the most talked about person running for office (courtesy of the Washington Post).

It's almost like humans...relate to human emotions

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

QuoProQuid posted:

I didn't see this but is it reasonable to assume that this is "wait is this guy out or in the closet?" searching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

QuoProQuid posted:

This is like a Turing test. Can you watch Lindsey Graham talk about his life without grimacing in sorrow?

• Locked thread