Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Wait for reals? I can put up with his books but that's just being an obtuse pillock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

some loving LIAR posted:

I was talking about this one:

Like, what the gently caress was this? It came out several weeks after the pledge-survey email from Kickstarter, and it refers to a nonexistent book. This caused many backers to just reply to the update post with their names, after a lot of panicked speculation because it's pretty clear that if you fail to do the mystery thing, you won't get what you paid for.

As for what Moths posted, if that is indeed a threat by Crane to stiff people who aren't thrilled with their attempts to confuse people out of getting their product, he can wander off northward through forests primal, shrouded in mist, along the downward sloping path to the nether world, where he might make himself the master of himself the mistress, if he imagines I'll be buying any of his products sight unseen ever again.

At the time it was really clear to me that it was a FILL OUT THE loving KICKSTARTER SURVEY update, because I'd just received the backer survey email for my address.

Apparently it's really really common for a chunk of backers to never enter their address into the survey, and then complain when they don't get their books.

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

fez_machine posted:

At the time it was really clear to me that it was a FILL OUT THE loving KICKSTARTER SURVEY update, because I'd just received the backer survey email for my address.

Apparently it's really really common for a chunk of backers to never enter their address into the survey, and then complain when they don't get their books.

Yeah, see, I'd received the backer survey email like three weeks beforehand. I was sure, but not 100% sure, that it was a a survey reminder update. The problem was that the only people explicitly stating that that's what it was were other backers, speculating, and they were far outnumbered by the stream of people just posting their names as comments on the update.

I, personally, had "enter[ed my] sigil on the record celestial" in the sense that I had completed the backer survey, but I think we can all agree how stupid that sounds. What if the "record celestial" is in fact the comment thread on the update, as at least fifty people appeared to believe? What if the "record celestial" is a page on burningwheel.com that nobody has otherwise mentioned? I locked the survey, but is that a "sigil"?

"Form a queue—a query mark of human flesh." How? How does filling out a backer survey amount to a "queue"? Why does it have to be question-mark-shaped, if that is what "a query mark" means?

"Prick thy fingers and watch incarnadine fluid pool, drip."

The cover of the book is blue, so that might be the "cerulean gold," but why "gold," specifically? I was hoping for paper. If the update relates to shipping, why would the "stars" need to "point home to [me]"? I know where I live. Why are the messengers winged? In the United States, "winged" messengers, like Winged Mercury, are the trademark of FTD, the Florists' Telegraph Delivery. I'm not getting flowers. The US Postal Service has a creed that is derived from a description of Persian messengers; an allusion to a Greco-Roman divinity seems inapposite.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Theoretically, it'd be a cool message if, like, he'd just put at the bottom something like

quote:

[Or, in plain English, don't forget to fill out your backer surveys with your address, or we can't send you your book!]

Then he still gets to do his stupid LARP nonsense, and not anger people/rip them off.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Oddly enough if you tweet at Luke, even if you're asking about Burning Wheel stuff, he's more than happy to respond in plain English. The in-character text appears to have been purely for the Kickstarter

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Heyo, so I've decided I really like this game and I want to run it for my friends. I've read the rulebook a few times now so I feel pretty confident I have most of that stuff down. Is the Dread Crypt of Skogenby as suitable for newbie players and GMs as it says it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I am not a fan of either starting adventure as written tbh because neither have big enough maps to make cartography / exploring / camping down there feel like it makes sense. Like Skogenby has like six rooms in it so you don't really get a feel for the camp / exploration cycle that helps the game work. I think if you expanded out the tomb complex such that you can't basically see sunlight from the final room then it would work better - there's a bunch of other stuff that is fun in there.

Having an explicit mission-based intro adventure for a game that really doesn't suit being assigned a mission is weird. The one in the book is better that way - you don't literally have a village asking you to save the maiden, you get to decide what to do.

• Locked thread