Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Trasson posted:

Some Numbers will one day get to be spymaster, and he'll give a clue, and his team will first pick the assassin.

It's going to be a lot less special, since that already happened in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
If there's still room, ##mission accepted.

I've played many times IRL. :v:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Some Numbers posted:

The queue has me at #8. :smug:

ETB posted:

If there's still room, ##mission accepted.

I've played many times IRL. :v:

:byewhore:

(Because we all know it takes sooooo very long for one of these games to play out. You might have to sit on the bench for *gasp* three more days!)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gutter Owl posted:

:byewhore:

(Because we all know it takes sooooo very long for one of these games to play out. You might have to sit on the bench for *gasp* three more days!)

That's almost long enough for my physical copy to arrive!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

My physical copy should actually get in today or tomorrow but I demand the thread take me first.

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007
##mission accepted in whatever role when whatever game has room

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Some Numbers posted:

It's going to be a lot less special, since that already happened in this thread.

That was a second pick assassin. :colbert:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Some numbers already volunteered to step down, but I'm hella into being a spymaster, so I'd rather wait a turn than step down, if that's needed with the newbies.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I've played this irl a few times now so ##mission accepted

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

The rush of new players has sorta shaken things up. Both Some Numbers and Barry Shitpeas have been bumped to next game, and you're in position eight.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Gutter Owl posted:

The rush of new players has sorta shaken things up. Both Some Numbers and Barry Shitpeas have been bumped to next game, and you're in position eight.

So I'll be in the game after next?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is there enough demand for a second thread? I was thinking about starting one.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

burger time posted:

So I'll be in the game after next?

Nope. We have seven newbies for an eight player game so far, and newbies get to jump vets in the queue. You're in next game pretty much no matter what.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Some Numbers posted:

Is there enough demand for a second thread? I was thinking about starting one.

Just use the same queue, and run a second game here.

Also, I'm back from vacation, so ##MISSION ACCEPTED. Time to rejoin my compatriots on the winning team (:911:)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

unpronounceable posted:

Just use the same queue, and run a second game here.

Please don't. The thread will become an unreadable mess with two simultaneous games running. Wires will get crossed, teams will guess on the wrong clues, and I'll get a migraine.

I don't think the queue is cycling slow enough to justify a second thread yet, but that's my personal opinion, and I wouldn't mind at all if you leeched my queue. But not in one chaos thread, dear God.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I agree entirely; definitely not in this thread, but really, at 8 players a pop, and twoish games a week, I think people will get to play pretty frequently, and if we create a new thread, we really should have an organizing thread and offshoot threads and then things just get complicated.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Holy poo poo, there's no way I'd consider starting a second game in this same thread that would be a gigantic clusterfuck.

I wasn't even thinking of leeching off Gutter Owl's queue, but making my own thread and starting a new queue.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Some Numbers posted:

Holy poo poo, there's no way I'd consider starting a second game in this same thread that would be a gigantic clusterfuck.

I wasn't even thinking of leeching off Gutter Owl's queue, but making my own thread and starting a new queue.

Everyone's gonna be in both queues though, you know that, right? :v:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

silvergoose posted:

Everyone's gonna be in both queues though, you know that, right? :v:

That's why I said what I did. Running it in this thread was a joke though. :blush:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

## MISSION ACCEPTED

I'd rather not be a spymaster since I don't have PMs, other than that I don't care!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

So that whole thing I was worried about? Butts to all of it, let's have a straight up baby war.

Mission Eight Start!
Team Blue :911:
OmegaGoo (spymaster)
Cocks Cable
burger time
Hauki

Team Red :china:
Indolent Bastard (spymaster)
T-Bone
ETB
Heisenberg1276

Mission Eight, Turn One (Blue Team Starts)
Scientist
Ketchup
Drop
Switch
Lion
Pistol
Rabbit
Torch
Ray
Bolt
Park
Bat
Sock
Draft
Scale
Slug
Water
Chick
Plot
Shark
Ghost
Stadium
Ship
Vacuum
Cold

Sending PMs now. Players, please check in within the next 24 hours. If I don't see you post something here by this time tomorrow, your seat goes to Some Numbers, and no one wants that.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm here! *tosses phone into garbage can* This will be an expensive game.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Here!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

And just to reiterate the thread rules for the rookie brigade:

• Both clues and guesses must use ## Bold and Hashtags to count as official.
  • After the Spymaster issues a clue, Couriers have 24 hours to guess words, measured from the timestamp of the Spymaster's post.
  • After 24 hours, the team can continue guessing up until the enemy spymaster posts a clue, at which point your turn immediately ends.
  • Likewise, Spymasters have 48 hours from a ##Pass or incorrect guess to issue a clue.
  • If a Spymaster fails to issue a clue in time, it counts as an invalid clue (i.e. the enemy team gets a free reveal).
  • If you're unsure about whether a potential clue is valid or not, PM me, and we'll sort it out.

Also, I'm adding one additional rule to the OP: WHEN YOU SIGN UP, YOU MUST SPECIFY WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE PMS. Players without PMs cannot be spymasters, and I'd like to know this ahead of time.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
##fish:2

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

You ain't even the starting team.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

you're not the blue spy master :confused:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Mission Eight, Turn One (BLUE TEAM STARTS)

*blows whistle* Offsides! Penalty for jumping the gun.

(For the sake of fairness, I'm gonna lock this in as your first clue for your first RED turn. Congrats, you just gave the Blues a hint as to what their words aren't. :v: )

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Courier Boom reporting.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Gutter Owl posted:

*blows whistle* Offsides! Penalty for jumping the gun.

(For the sake of fairness, I'm gonna lock this in as your first clue for your first RED turn. Congrats, you just gave the Blues a hint as to what their words aren't. :v: )

The pm was titled "You're up" so I assumed I was up, not, "you're next after the blue team" Oh well, what ever.

E: reading posts in the thread? Ain't nobody got time for that! (I just saw the game start post) . What can I say? I'm excited.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 9, 2015

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

agent garbage reporting for duty

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gutter Owl posted:

If I don't see you post something here by this time tomorrow, your seat goes to Some Numbers, and no one wants that.

Wow, hostile.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Wow, hostile.

Mostly, I'm amused by your purgatorial suffering.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gutter Owl posted:

Mostly, I'm amused by your purgatorial suffering.

If 8 newbies sign up before the next game starts, I'll start laughing along with you.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

If 8 newbies sign up before the next game starts, I'll start laughing along with you.

If eight newbies sign up before the next game, we'll open a second thread.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Comrade T-Bone lining up for bowl of soup.

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

Sending PMs now. Players, please check in within the next 24 hours. If I don't see you post something here by this time tomorrow, your seat goes to Some Numbers, and no one wants that.

I'm in

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

Also, I'm adding one additional rule to the OP: WHEN YOU SIGN UP, YOU MUST SPECIFY WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE PMS. Players without PMs cannot be spymasters, and I'd like to know this ahead of time.

Forums protip: Everyone with a grenade next to their name has PMs, which seems to be most people (but not burger time for instance). Not that it isn't easier if people write it, but y'know, it's a feature.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

BonHair posted:

Forums protip: Everyone with a grenade next to their name has PMs, which seems to be most people (but not burger time for instance). Not that it isn't easier if people write it, but y'know, it's a feature.

I just look for the 'Message' button under their post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Yesssssssss

##Salt: 2

• Locked thread