Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



It's evening on a cloudy Friday in Orlando. The sun is setting, the work traffic is fading just in time for the tourist traffic to start in earnest, and the city's nightlife is starting to light up the town.

Well, except for Umbra. It has lights outside, but they never turn on. No, if you don't know where to go, you're not welcome in the first place. But, all of you find yourselves at the club tonight.

The dance floor is a chaos of colored strobes as energetic dancers work themselves up into a frenzy performing for themselves and others. The bar has a milling crowd of people trying to get service, and the bartenders are going as fast as they can with only two hands. They haven't taken out the extra ones yet. That's for later in the night.

Krupp, while investigating the deaths, you figure that getting a look at the bodies would help. You've made an arrangement with Lena Gustafsson, a mid level reporter with the Orlando Sentinel, to provide you with "borrowed" crime scene photos, but she's late. What did you do for her that she owes you this favor?
In the mean time, who do you try to avoid while you wait? What do they want?

Also, what was the last divination you used prepared quartz for? Do you still have a stash?

Elora, how'd you score a spot on the guest list for Umbra?
You've made enemies, that's for sure. Who's here that you've hunted before?
Anyway, while you've been tracking down who (or what) is passing out tainted drugs, your path led you here. There's been too many OD's, and even the cops are starting to take notice. Over in one corner, you spot Detlef, the one who brought you a sample of the drug and asked you to find her roommate.
Why do you owe Detlef, anyway?
What do you do?

Tataina, even though Umbra is one of the rare Winter holdings in Orlando, why are you normally unwelcome here? What changed to let you make this visit?
In the corner, you spot Detlef, one of your employees. There work has improved ever since they started working from home, but why do you think they're going to be the next one to disappear?
Anyway, you had someone observe the gates while you were working. Who was it? How do you know you can trust them?
Whatever the result, they returned pictures of about one in fifty cars just disappearing instead of going through the gates. Certainly worrying, but it doesn't tell you what the problem is, exactly.
What do you do?

Nonce: You've been tracking one of the ghouls that unearthed itself from the graveyard, and you're sure one of them made it in here. Problem is, they're blending in too well. You'll have to get a closer look. But, once you find them, are you going to try and convince them to introduce themselves to the big players of the city and play nice, or are you just going to take out the trash and collect your debt?
Also, how the hell did Helena get in? What completely normal (but worrying) reason did she have to be here?
Do you like to linger without manifesting in places like this, or do you manifest, maybe even pretend to be alive?
What do you do?

William: what did you do for one of the many part owners of Umbra in order to get a standing invite here?
Working as a PI on the spooky side isn't really new ground for you, so how did you narrow down one of the two big quartz buyers to here? And how did you narrow it down to two buyers, anyway?
Now that you're here, it's a lot harder to narrow down, but there's a few people who run in that circle spending their night here. For instance, there's Krupp, an actual council wizard. Casper, the Facebook oracle. A few small talents have congregated at a nearby table too, and there could be more mixed in with the dance floor.
What do you do?

Casper: After Sarah was one of the people who lost a day when visiting the docks (she was working as a volunteer to try and get a good estimate of the number of homeless in the area), you decided to take matters into your own hands. After a useless day of running down leads on the Summer side of things, you decided to try going at things from the Winter Side. Since this is Winter turf, there are winter fae on the dance floor and at the bar, their skin flaked with slight bits of ice that reflect the strobes. Of course, the trio of demons (politely hiding their more colorful features, but unmistakable in bearing and crisp business attire) in the corner are more likely to be chatty, but which demon has it out for you after you helped their victim get even?
What do you do?


OOC thread and Debt and NPC sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?




Elora stalks through the nightclub. There's really no other word for it.

News like Elora gets around, not because she's a particularly good hunter, but because she's new and intense. People like that are dangerous because they don't understand the checks and balances in place; in a world where everything is constantly balanced carefully against everything else, people like her tend to just knock everything down and not care about the consequences.

Thus, the dozens of dirty looks aimed at her. Well, "dirty"'s probably the polite way to put it. She's trying really hard to act like she's not noticing. She's particularly trying not to notice Wilhelm, a werewolf she tangled with two weeks ago. The only reason she didn't kill him was because she didn't have any silver bullets, and the reason he didn't kill her...well, she doesn't know. Yet.

Regardless, Elora got in because Detlef put her on the list. That got an interesting look from the bouncer. She stands to the side of the dance floor, scanning for the woman.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


Krupp patiently sipped his coffee. His body wouldn't derive any stimulation from it, but then again, it no longer required any. Krupp was perma-high on much more interesting things than coffeine.

The reporter wasn't there yet. It couldn't have been the ex. This very morning he still was very scared and very many states away. Krupp's nostril still itched from the quartz, but it was a good itch, an itch that reminded him of who he was and he liked who he was. What he was.

He took another sip. The Starbucks was a block away from the Sanctum. There was a coffee shop right outside the condo where the entrance to the Sanctum lay, but that meant it was within visibility range of the Senile Cow and that was the last place where he wanted to be. What was is about age that turned many a perfectly reasonable woman into a nosy, paranoid shrew? He'd been already been old back when the she first fell out of a vagina, but he was still as sharp as the day he first stepped into the halls of Albertina. Sharper, even. He sighed. If the woman didn't let up, he'd have to do something about it and he was already so, so very busy.

He hoped the reporter would arrive soon. He'd baked her cupcakes and they were still warm.

Megazver fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2015 around 16:46

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 0/5 Harm 0/5

Tatiana's usual route is to avoid Umbra whenever she can. The club manager is a fellow Winter fae by the name of Violetta, and she hides her more brutish heritage behind century-old family grudges and being an absolute thorn in Tatiana's side. Tatiana did make a friend on the bartending staff, a demon by the name of Landon, who's probably looking to get Violetta fired. He gives Tatiana a heads up whenever the manager is out. On a night like tonight, Tatiana is happy to be dodging that hurdle and not having to explain basic mortal fashion to Violetta while the manager complains about how mortal Tatiana is becoming. While Tatiana looks composed nearly all of the time anyways, she definitely feels fully composed as everything moves around her.

Tatiana notices two people from across the room, the extra-planar side being a little on the light side this evening. The first is her employee, Detlef. His human condition led him to needing some time away from the office, but if he's here, Tatiana does want to find out. It doesn't seem like a normal event. Fortunately, she needed to check on him anyways. His project, one pretty light on details at the office, seems to be the only thing tying the two disappearances together. Either Detlef is a part of this, or he's working on something that other people don't want him to be working on. The second is Elora, someone who seems to only have a few friends in the area. Luckily for her, Tatiana is one of them.

As soon as Tatiana recognizes the hunter, she makes her way over to her through the crowd. A single graceful motion through a crowd like this. "Elora! It is so good to see you in one piece. What brings you here this evening?" While this likely won't make Tatiana many friends, it won't make her many enemies either. They'll just think the fae is playing with metaphorical fire.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Elora, a heavy hand falls on your shoulder as a deep bass voice rumbles, "You're gonna need to come with me, ma'am." A small giant (literally, he's got rocky skin and everything) towers over you and is gesturing towards the hall up to the VIP Suite

Apparently someone spotted your sword and kicked up a fuss with the management. If you go with him all the way to management, you'll have to surrender your sword, at the very least. But, you did spot that the hallway to the upper suites is unoccupied. If you jump him in there, you could probably slip back into the crowd without any problems. But if word gets out that you started a fight here, you'll have a lot of heat coming down on you.

What do you do?

Casper, you do another glance around like you've been doing all day. Apparently, you managed to offend a bridge troll named Madh when you went over to the docks, and he's been looking for you ever since.

Normally, trolls just want a toll for crossing "their" bridge, but Madh is a bit of a traditionalist. He only accepts coins he recognizes as legal tender from when he guarded his first bridge. Namely, silver drachma from approximately 500 BC.

Good luck with that.

William, Raine's been out for your blood for you ever since you proved that she wasn't a real capital-O Oracle. Just a passable diviner with a string of lucky guess and "prophecies" loaded with weasel words. Which wouldn't be too scary if it wasn't for the fact that she's pretty hot poo poo when it comes to throwing electricity around.

If you want to try and figure out who the minor talents are, you should put a face to a name using Power.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2015 around 22:28

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Casper
Blood 0, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1, Wild 1*
Foretellings: 1-Hold

Casper nurses his rail whiskey. It was probably from a plastic bottle, but for a buck, you take what you can get. The whole day was pretty much a bust. Sarah would appreciate the effort, at least. The Summer court wasn't talking about anything, even if they were involved with the disappearances. Fae are just as likely to pretend like they're all-knowing, anyway. He wasn't planning on heading into Umbra, at least not so soon, but the problem with the troll necessitated some cover. Madh probably wouldn't start anything as long as Casper was in the club...probably. drat old-fashioned lunkhead needed to start taking credit.

He sighs. Trolls and fae were in the same general family, right? Not worth it to bring more attention in the court gossip circles, then. Casper takes up his glass, and starts making his way across the floor to the three demons. It wasn't really any less risky. Not after Heck (Short for Hecatonchires) got his apartment trashed and his Maserati torched while he was away on business. That wasn't even Casper's fault! All he did was help Alfonso Ramos clear up some things from the night Ramos' daughter was nearly killed by some unknown hit-and-run driver. Who knew that it was a demon? All Casper had was a premonition that the driver was a "Tall Dark Stranger," and that could have been anyone! And how was Casper supposed to know that Ramos had lots of friends with bats and knives? Still, Heck wouldn't risk starting anything, just like Madh. Unless they figured out they both wanted a pound of flesh. Casper shudders at the thought.

At least one of the three here is already known to Casper, if only by reputation. The short red blaze of hair is kind of a dead giveaway. Match, yet another goon in hell’s great army, but a goon who loves to get people talking. A real social butterfly, this hellspawn.

"Hey boys." Casper tries to sound casual as he comes up. "What's new in town? I'm hoping you've got the dirt."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


William Root
Corruption 0/5 | Harm 0/5 | Marked: M N P W

Ramon gives me a nod as I walk in, which I return. I'm already on the list, but never hurts to be on good terms with the muscle. Helped him move into his new apartment last month. The standing invite is from Olivier, one of the shadowy cabal of owners, and is due to more esoteric favors than just hauling boxes. An ex of his had dropped a nasty little hex on him. That wasn't just embarrassing, it could have cost him his job. On the flip-side, Olivier didn't want to sic the real heavies on the kid - sentimentality, and the kid really didn't know what he was messing with. So I'd smoothed things over for him, go the hex lifted without anyone getting banished to another dimension or losing any teeth. And kept it quiet.

So now I could drop into Umbra unannounced, whenever I felt like it. Not a bad perk.

One of the advantages of being a modern artist, you can pick clothes out of your closet with your eyes closed and get labeled as "trendsetter" instead of "bum." Still, I owed it to Olivier to make a little effort, and I'm not so much out of fashion as fashion adjacent tonight. I scan the crowd as I slouch my way over to the bar, not intending to order anything, but to avoid calling attention to myself while I check the place out.

None of the real powers are in tonight, but there's a scattering of heavies and mid-level players alongside the small fry. Tatiana, Casper, that rat bastard Krupp. Charlie, Hutch, Big Mac, Pablo, couple others I know. That newbie hunter Elora, getting some personal attention from Bara. And a table full of minor talents, right in the middle of which is the lady I'm looking for. Shauna.

Narrowing down the suspects for my quartz case was a pain the rear end. There were a dozen innocent explanations. A wizard on vacation realizing that quartz was cheaper here than back home, looking to make an easy profit. Some idiot misreading a ritual formula and buying the wrong stuff. But it kept poking at me, so I kept poking at it. One suspect was easy. Witch by the name of Larissa. She hadn't done any buying herself, but over a weekend all three of her apprentices had swung round and bought a bit each. Shauna, Jericho, and Uma. I didn't have dirt on Jericho or Uma, but Shauna...

The other suspect I still hadn't put a name to, and they'd bought it all on their own. The description was vague, but clearly the same person each time. Everyone remembered the hat. That hat might even have been a bit of a glamour. But supernatural folks often have a blind spot to technological security. On one of their shopping trips, Hat had come in with a cup from the Drunken Monkey. I called in a favor and got a look at their security camera footage for the day in question. Didn't get a good look at Hat, but I did manage to get a license plate number. Well... a partial. Couldn't tell if the last letter was a G or a C. I had a friend in the DMV running both, but hadn't heard back yet.

Regardless, I had one name I could run down, and leverage to do it. So here I am.

I change direction abruptly enough that the drunk standing next to me stumbles, even though we didn't make contact. Shauna's friends are all getting up from the table. Before the girl herself can join them on the dance floor, I step up next to her. "Shauna, long time no see. You remember me, right? Will? Irene's friend? Saw you at Garret's the other day." Shauna's face goes pale. Irene and Larissa are political enemies, and hate each other's guts. Larissa would not be pleased to find out her apprentice is cutting some kind of side deal with a rival. I didn't actually see them at Garrett's - they had a private room - but the implications should be clear.

"We should catch up."

Holding 1 from Snoop.
Snoop (+Mind); Did Your Homework (Put a Name to a Face +Mind): 2d6+2 8 2d6+2 9

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?


Elora Lambros, The Hunter

Just as Elora makes contact with Detlef, she hears a familiar voice behind her. She turns, and sees Tatiana.

"Tatiana? What the hell are you doing here?"

And is interrupted again by a heavy hand on her shoulder. She turns, looks up, then looks further up at the craggy face.

Goddamn it. I knew the trenchcoat was a bad idea.

"Fine. But I've got business here," she says, nodding her head towards Detlef, "so let's make this quick, okay?"


(I'm going peacefully. I don't want to start a mess this early in the game.)

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.


Nonce, the Spectre

Nonce flits through the crowd, for once bothering not to move through people; in a place like this, you never know who has the sight.
A lot of familiar faces tonight, some unwelcome, though most not.
None of them the one he's looking for.
And, hello; there's one he'd welcome almost anywhere but here.
Taking a closer look reveals that Helena came in with Anna, her roommate.
On the one hand that means someone is keeping an eye on her, as Anna is actually at least somewhat fae, or something, and one of the minders Tatiana has keeping tabs on Helena.
On the other hand... a party girl, it seems.

He'll have to get this over with before any trouble starts.
Walking up to the DJ booth, the DJ none the wiser, Nonce sticks his hand into the microphone, and releases a trickle of power.
After a burst of static, a voice interrupts the music.
"Brent Heims, you aren't as clever as you think. Come to the bar, and let's talk"
As the DJ frantically gets the music going again, Nonce is watching the people.
Ghoul-boy'd have to react to this.

Rolling to distract the ghoul: 2d6+2=14
Hah! I hereby:
» You create an opportunity
» You expose a weakness or flaw
» You avoid further entanglement



Methane posted:

Nonce, the Spectre



Demeanor: Volatile

Stats: Blood 2 Heart 0 Mind -1 Spirit 2

Factions: Mortality 0 Night 1 Power 0 Wild 1

Who are you?

They call me Nonce. Dead, not gone yet.

How long have you been in the city?

Almost three years now, since my twin sister, Helena, moved here.

Who do you still love?

My sis. Everyone else either passed on or haven't bothered to show themselves. And if so, gently caress'em.

What makes your afterlife worth living?

The sights, the smells, the loving energy I never knew when I was alive.
But mostly, I need to make sure Helena stays safe.

What do you desperately need?

Some way to make sure Helena can take care of herself without pulling her into all this fuckery.
Maybe then I can get some loving peace.

What brought you here?

My sisters´ car.
She didn't know I was in the back seat, but still.

Who's an interesting NPC in the city?



Some hunters are so successful supernatural folk of all kind hesistate to say their name aloud.
Jonas Lozz is the kind of hunter that other hunters hesistate to talk about at all.
Nobody can fault his success rate, but he's also the kind of psychopath who'd torture you just beacause.
When he comes around most people just try to stay out of his way, and if that fails, answer any question he might have.
He must have some friends, probably in law enforcement, because nobody has been able to nail him for anything yet.
He also has some kind of resistance to magic, probably from snipping off pieces of supernatural beings and keeping them as trophies.
I'd say the best way to deal with him is to keep pointing him at problems and hope he dies eventually.

What's an interesting place in the city?

In the swamplands west of town, there's a place with three tall stones leaning against each other.
Do not touch them.

What's a fascinating rumor you heard recently?

It seems the residents of greenwood cemetary won't stay buried lately.
Normally I'd say more power to them, but the normies are starting to take notice, and nobody wants the church to get invovled.

Gear:

Ritual knife (2-harm hand concealable)
Cellphone
Lighter
Notebook
Loose change

Moves:

Manifest:
Regular people can’t sense or interact with you unless you manifest.
You manifest by spending a few quiet moments concentrating and choosing 2:
»You can be heard
»You can be seen
»You can touch and be touched by the physical world.
You may mark corruption to instead choose 1 or all 3.

Won’t Be Ignored:
When you Get in the Way of someone, treat your roll as a 10+ without rolling.
If you Distract an NPC, roll with Spirit instead of Mind.

Phantasm:
Take +1 Spirit (max +3).

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 0/5 Harm 0/5

"Business, of course." And before I can respond, Elora is being escorted into one of the other rooms. How rude. However, she was gesturing towards Detlef, which makes this even more intriguing. If Elora has business with one of my employees, perhaps I should check in on him as well. At least make sure that he isn't involved in anything that might be over his head. I feel like he's likely to still be a little anxious, but I don't have time for his personal problems when there's the possibility of real trouble being in the air. I end up at his table, smiling at him in an attempt to comfort him. "Detlef, good to see you are feeling better. We appear to be living in a small world, socially. Do you mind if I have a seat? I need to ask you some questions about some of your recent projects, since there have been some unusual events at work."

Talking Detlef into chatting about what's happening.
Persuade To Talk: 2d6+1 7

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


Ugh. I just realized that Krupp, too, was supposed to be at the club. I read my portion like it was going to be a separate introduction. I was a bit distracted when reading the OP. Sigh.

Uh, let's say the club has a quiet section where you actually can sit down and order a coffee? Krupp brought cupcakes to a nightclub because he's old and weird.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Krupp, as you sit in one of the quieter suites set off to the side for private meetings, you remember a few strange looks that some club-goers gave you as you entered with your plate of cupcakes. One of the bouncers even tried to stop you, saying something like, "No outside food" but the other puts a hand on his shoulder and shakes his head. He whispers, "Trust me, it's not worth it."

The minutes tick by, but patience pays off. The reporter, Jessica Lori, opens the door and collapses into a chair across from Krupp. She tosses an envelope onto the table and says, "Here. I had to twist more arms than I could count to get ahold of them, and if any of them end up in some tabloid, I'm going to blow the whistle on you too. Do I even want to know what you want these for?"

As you examine the photos, you recognize from the marks on the bodies and the preparations at the scenes that they're all botched versions of a ritual to remove a heart and place it in a phylactery. Which, considering the simplicity of the ritual, is almost impressive how badly they're managing to screw it up. It's a budget way to avoid aging, but like everything else in that vein of magic, it doesn't last forever. Looks like someone is practicing on other people before they take the plunge themselves.

While you're looking at the photos, she looks at the cupcakes questioningly and adds, "Did you... have somewhere you were going after this? Like a birthday party?"

What do you do?

Elora, once you decide to come quietly, the giant relaxes and takes his hands off your shoulder. While he's escorting you down the hall, he says, admiration in his gravely voice, "Just so you know, it's nothing personal. I've heard that you've been hunting things that deserve it. You know, the real assholes. But, gotta keep up appearances in a place like this."
Are you used to getting complements from non-humans like this?

He guides you into a dark room and promptly leaves you behind. Between the red wallpaper and the low light, the walls make you think of dried blood. There might even be some on there, to be honest. The room is mostly unfurnished, with only a large executive desk and a large chair, currently turned so the occupant can look out the window over the dance floor. Coincidentally, this also prevents you from seeing the individual sitting in it.

Once the door closes, a feminine voice issues from behind the chair, saying, "You were allowed in here as a favor to a friend, but I don't appreciate having my hospitality questioned like this, Miss Elora. I know you feel like you are, as they say, "a big deal," but trust me. No one wants you bad enough to cross me."

The voice's tone changes, becoming more casual, as if discussing the weather, "Still, I'll be willing to overlook this breach of manners, in exchange for finding out just what that damnable wizard outside is turning this city upside down to find. I believe you know him as Krupp? And I think you'd be quite interested in finding out more about him? On top of that, I'll extend a standing invitation here. I'm sure someone of your... interests could use a place to relax without having to wonder if you're walking into a trap."

What do you do?

William, you remember hearing from Shauna's a lazy bum mostly coasting on talent. Which might explain why she's out here partying instead of... doing whatever it is wizards do to become better wizards. Practice lifting weights with their mind? Anyway, she's having to knuckle under for the first time in her life now that the other apprentices are starting to get close to her ability through actual hard work. Only, the way you've heard it, instead of practicing her magic, she's just injecting herself with demon and/or fae blood so she can just brute force her way through all of her lessons. More time for partying that way.

After a few glances around, she shrugs and brings you over to the private suites. She doesn't enter one, though. Gotta book those in advance. You get a glimpse of Krupp looking over some photos through the small window on the door as you walk by, but you can't make out what he's puzzling over.

She gives you a questioning look and says, "So, what do you want to talk about?

What do you do?

Casper, Match gives you a grin and pats you on the back, saying, "Well, look who it is. It wouldn't have anything to do with why you spent all day combing the docks, would it? I miiight know something about that, but I think we'd all agree that you'd owe me one, right?"
He'll dish the dirt if you give him a debt

What do you do?

Tatiana, he looks surprised to see you, but he moved to allow you room to sit in the booth and gestures for you to take a seat. He glances around nervously, and says in his quiet voice, " Well, ah, not every day you get a drink with your boss, huh?" He lets out a nervous chuckle, before continuing, "I've been trying to get out a little more, and it's been helping me with my work. You know, changing gears and all that. But, um, yeah, about work. What happened to Adam and Bobby, anyway? I know I don't come into the office, so maybe I missed the explanation?"
He's going to want to know what you think happened to the others before he opens up any more.

As you're talking, a quite drunk girl slides into the booth on the other side of Detlef, leaning in on him and starting to whisper to him. He suddenly flushes and says, "Oh... ah... Anna, this is Miss Romanov, my boss. Miss Romanov, Anna." She makes a friendly little wave and then just leans on his shoulder while she waits for you to finish your conversation. Another girl, much more sober, sits down next to her and gives you a sympathetic look before saying, "Sorry for the interruption. Anna's... pretty enthusiastic once she's had a few. Anyway, I'm Helena. Nice to meet you." She reaches out to shake your hand

Anna's plainly a member of the Summer court (how do you recognize that?), but Helena is mundane. Probably.

What do you do?

Nonce, everyone hears the burst of static, but only a few sensitives manage to catch ghostly communication, and only one seems to actually understand it and listen to it, heading to a sparsely populated portion of the bar, glancing around for any sign of who he's meeting.

As you move over towards him, you spot his ears twitch, and he suddenly whirls around, looking straight through you. Apparently he can hear you, but not see you, even while you're not manifested. Good to know!
What do you do?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 0/5 Harm 0/5

I sit down next to Detlef as he talks nervously about his own situation. "Oh, don't worry. I understand that you're not working for me every hour of the day, you need sleep and entertainment. It helps with the process. I wouldn't bother you normally, but what happened to those two may be something bigger than it appears." I pause, to let that sink in before continuing. "I can tell you that they're missing, and I don't know how capable the police are in finding them. The only thing in common between the two is that they were significant parts of your most recent project. While that doesn't bother me, it does make me concerned that whatever you're working on has gained some kind of negative attention." I'm not normally one for direct speaking, but given that now we've got attention from some of his friends, I don't want to spend time being too subtle. He needs to know the situation.

As the women are introduced to me, I nod to both of them, shaking Helena's hand. "It is good to meet both of you." When I notice Anna's bracelet showing a family of Summer, however, I force myself into more of a smile than I'd like. We all have jewelry of some sort when we are acting in public to avoid too many altercations. I have my pendant, worn as openly as possible given my preferred fashion choices. There are rules for conflict between fae, especially between Summer and Winter, and outside of that, we are free to work together. Live our lives. However, I am rather sure that this Anna is legitimately drunk. Still, a drunk fae is better at hiding someone than a sober mortal, as unfortunate as that sounds. "We all have our limits. Hopefully, it is all in good fun. How do you all know one another? As far as your question goes, it seems that the project may be connected to other projects, so if I could get any files you have on it, that would be wonderful. Not now, of course, but whenever you can. Now, were you expecting Elora?"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


Krupp pushes the plate over to the reporter, without taking his eyes off the pictures.

"These are for you. I have been experimenting with blending nutmeg and childhood nostalgia. Cruelty-free, of course."

He picks up one of the photos, taps it with his finger.

"Such amateur vork. The educational standards have truly fallen. Not to mention ethical." He shakes his head. "I vill have to get to bottom of this, yes." He pauses. It is hard sometimes to get your point across to the modern young. "Like Batman."

He hides the photos into one of the pockets of his suit and rises from the table.

"Thank you. You have been delightful as alvays. Please tell me if the treats vere to your liking." He stares at the plate. Did he really carry a plate into the club? Oh vell. With a quick motion, he places his hand over the plate and lifts it, a brown paper bag now in his hand.

"Here."

He nods to her and steps out of the suite. The club seems lively tonight. Many familiar faces. Too many, perhaps? He pauses outside the suite and takes in the scenery... and the scene.

INVESTIGATE A PLACE OF POWER: 2d6 8 - Rolling Wild.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Casper
Blood 0, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1, Wild 1*
Foretellings: 1-Hold

Of course the demon wants to make a deal. At least they're no more dangerous than wizards, all told. Demons follow rules as well. They're usually big on transaction. "Well then you've got me." Casper sticks his hands in his pockets and sighs. "Let's make this official. In return for some good info on what's going on about these disappearances at the docks, I will owe you a favor." He offers a hand, his face serious. "Shake on it." Casper looks calm on the surface, but his power's already bubbling underneath. His other hand is firmly gripping his cell phone. One touch, and he'll know if Match is planning anything nasty for him, or withholding information.

He really hopes that scanning a demon won't make his brain explode or anything.

Skim the Surface (Match): 2d6+2 7
What are you thinking about right now?


Using Skim the Surface on Match, with prior approval from Capfalcon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?


Elora Lambros, The Hunter

There were a lot of scenarios Elora was expecting here, but being complement by the whatever-the-hell-it-is bouncer wasn't one of them. Elora barely gets thanks from people she saves; usually they're unconscious, freaking out, or running for the hills. "Uh...thanks?"

She does tense up when she enters this room, however. She looks around, taking in as much as she can before the voice addresses her.

quote:

"You were allowed in here as a favor to a friend, but I don't appreciate having my hospitality questioned like this, Miss Elora. I know you feel like you are, as they say, "a big deal," but trust me. No one wants you bad enough to cross me."
"I know I'm not a big deal, thanks, but I have enemies. You'll forgive me if I didn't want to come here without any way to defend myself. And quite frankly, I have no idea who you are, so..."

quote:

The voice's tone changes, becoming more casual, as if discussing the weather, "Still, I'll be willing to overlook this breach of manners, in exchange for finding out just what that damnable wizard outside is turning this city upside down to find. I believe you know him as Krupp? And I think you'd be quite interested in finding out more about him? On top of that, I'll extend a standing invitation here. I'm sure someone of your... interests could use a place to relax without having to wonder if you're walking into a trap."
At the mention of Krupp's name, Elora's eyes narrow. There's a pause, and she says, "I'm...aware of Krupp. I didn't know he was up to something. Or at least up to something specific."

She pauses again. "I...I'm not a fan of wizards. I'm not getting into why. I'm also not a fan of...making deals. But either way, I'd at least like to see who I'm talking to."

"Oh, and I'd like to make sure I get that sword back. It's not just a weapon, it's a pretty important trophy."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Elora, a scaled hand waves you away from behind the chair and says, "I'm sorry. I don't think a face to face would be wise. Trust me when I say it's for your own good."

She adds, "Oh, and don't worry. Many individuals check their accessories at the door. It'd be a minor scandal it something happened to it. Just give it to George outside, he'll take good care of it until you need it again."

You hear her voice hiss as she repeats herself, "So, do we have an agreement?"

Casper as you brush his hand, you get a sense of smug satisfaction. He's completely intending on holding up his side of the deal, but he feels like he's getting a steal. He's already got something in mind. It's...
And then the handshake ends.
After you shake, Match says, "Always a pleasure. Anyway, the people that have been disappearing? They're mostly teens. In the 16-19 range. No telling what's happening to them. But I've heard that there's a few kids that have ended up in the mental hospital downtown."

Krupp the reporter holds the bag at arms length, but nods at you as you leave. She looked quite surprised at the suggestion you were actually going to take care of things, but it's a good kind of surprise.

Once you step outside of the room, you let the music and chatter wash over you.

This place is a garden, carefully tended and frequently harvested. There's joy, heartbreak, stress, sorrow, contentment, and dozens more. It's a one stop emotional shop. The emotions are so plentiful here that hardly any of the harvests cause any permanent harm. It's all quite, for lack of a better word, humane.

Tatiana, Detlef blanches when you explain your interest and, after the brief introductions, he looks over to the other two women and says, "Would you excuse us for a moment? I think we need to talk privately. Work stuff, you know?"

You spot Anna's eyes grow sharp and aware for a mere moment before returning to their drunk, lidded state. She gives him a smooch on the cheek and sensually whispers, "Don't be too long." He hastily nods at her and walks over to a deserted part of the bar, right past Krupp. Once you join him, he says, "I... I thought it was just me, but I think there might be some guys following me whenever I go out. I... oh my god, that's them." He cuts his eyes towards two large gentle...things? that just walked in. They're wearing long coats and broad brimmed hats that make it difficult to distinguish their features. They don't move towards Detlef immediately, but they do walk to opposite sides of the bar, keeping him in sight.

He looks to you, panic filling his eyes. What do you do?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 0/5 Harm 0/5

"Well, the good news is that they're unlikely to do things while we are standing at this bar. The bad news is that I can't tell who they are or who they work for. And they don't seem to care enough to hide themselves very well, so either they don't care that we know they're following you or they don't know the basic rules of politeness. Speaking of, stay here for a moment and you'll want to calm down and let me take care of this." I set my hand on Detlef's shoulder, thinking for a moment if I should not just force calm upon him, but the situation calls for him to perhaps need to move if these large men try anything stupid. Instead, I find myself standing near Krupp, one of the few men in the world to both impress and make me uncomfortable just by standing near. I certainly hope he has showered since his last experiment.

"Ah, Krupp. It has been a while, how has your research been going? I would love to chat longer, but it appears that these two men are following myself and my employee around. You wouldn't happen to recognize them by any chance? The really obvious ones in the ridiculous hats? I can't even place who they'd belong to." I knew Krupp wasn't one for too much small talk, but even one like him seems to enjoy some of it. "Although those hats. Something about those hats. Krupp, could you give me a hand? I'd hate for you to let me down after all that help with those personal demons."

Edit: Put A Name To A Face: 2d6 5. 6 for Power.
Will Cash In A Debt with Krupp for help figuring this out.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2015 around 23:58

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?


Elora Lambros, The Hunter

"Fine." Elora's clearly not happy with making a deal, but she's smart enough to realize that refusing would mean a) she wouldn't be able to talk to Detlef, and b) odds are she wouldn't get out of here in one piece. "We have a deal. Is there anything else or can I go now?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


William Root
Corruption 0/5 | Harm 0/5 | Marked: M N P W

"Quartz." I half keep an eye on Krupp, wondering what he's up to this time, but only out of habit. "You and your, uh, fellow students bought up a big chunk of the supply in the city. Any particular reason why?"

I manage not to wince at myself. This is so obviously a fishing expedition I half expect a marlin to land in my lap any second now. But hey, that's my angle. Everyone else in the shadows, they worry about face. Afraid to make a fool of themselves, and for good reason.

Me? I can play the fool.

Or maybe more than just play it. I'm letting my attention wander, letting Krupp pull at my curiosity when I should be focusing on Shauna.

Figure Someone Out (+Mind): 2d6+2 6

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2015 around 01:46

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


Krupp will lend Tatiana a hand when I've slept.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


"Ah, yes. My demons." Krupp gave Tatiana an avuncular smile and gently patted her on the arm. "I am little surprised you still recall the specifics. Usually ven I discuss such matters vith someone vithout extensive training in witting disassociation, they end up vith mnemonic lacunae and extensive nosebleeding. You are even more delightful than I thought."

He slightly frowns.

"But do make an effort to forget. It is for own good, trust me."

He gave the giants in question a good thorough look. Even shielded his eyes with his hands to look better. Nope. Nothing.

"As for our behatted friends, I do not know. Forgive me. I must go talk to young Casper now, but if they cause trouble, by all means call me."

He nods farewell and walks away.

Lending a Hand: 2d6+1 4


Krupp walked over to Casper and tapped him on his shoulder.

"A vord?"

After they've stepped away somewhere quiet, he handed him the envelope with the photos.

"I need your read on these. It is for good cause. Varning though - it's going to be gruesome."

Cashing in a debt.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Casper
Blood 0, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1*, Wild 1*
Foretellings: 1-Hold

"Thanks, Match. It was a pleasure, I'm sure. Try not to get too creative, please." Casper waves a halfhearted farewall to Match, who smirks and turns back to his fiendish clique. Of course the demon got a better deal. That's what they do. Casper takes his leave, and returns to the bar. A moment later, and he's got a fresh couple fingers of poo poo whiskey. Then there was a tap on his shoulder.

Krupp. Casper wishes he had never met the wizard. The man just gave off an aura of ill tidings. It didn't help that he was Casper's introduction into the realm of the Orlando wizard council, back when his powers first manifested. That was an obligation that still hung over Casper's head, and the old man never let Casper forget that fact.

He looks over the photos. "Jesus. What the hell is this? Right...you don't know, hence why you are asking me." Casper gives the wizard a stare. "You should know that I don't have a lot of practice with this sort of thing, but...I'll give it a try. Just remember this the next time you want to call in a favor, alright? Come on, I don't want to do this in a crowd."

Casper finds a corner table, and lays out the photos in a grid. He places his phone in the center, with the lens and iron circle placed on top. He sets his hands to the side of the whole array, and concentrates. He rocks forward, shuddering and wincing as an invisible jolt of power surges from him to the photos and back again.

When he opens his eyes, they're bloodshot. His voice creaks. "I never want to do that again. Not without some practice."

Let It Out (Photo Divination ): 2d6+2 11
Ignoring Corruption, and Extending my senses, supernatural or otherwise.
This clears up one of my debts with Krupp.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Casper, you get flashes of violence and pain, and eventually they all meld together into a single image of a sneering woman. When you come back to yourself, you find that you've drawn a pretty good sketch of the woman. Her tanned face is a mishmash of scars, and her long hair covers one side of her face. You're sure the scars are even worse there.

Krupp, a shame you weren't able to help Tatiana. Ah well.

More importantly, Casper appears to have gotten something off the photos. In the meantime, you see a few of the small giants that the place uses as bouncers converse amongst themselves before the three of them start heading your way.

What do you do?

William, you spot Krupp shove some papers into Casper's hands that makes Casper jump and blanch. A few more words and Casper is giving them a closer look.
Well, that's interesting. Suddenly, you jerk back towards Shauna as you almost feel her gaze grow sharper. She's been reading you herself, and you weren't paying attention to it. She smirks and says, "I don't really see a reason to explain myself. But, I might if you answer a few questions for me. First off, why are you so interested? And second, why does Krupp bother you so much, anyway? Like, more than me, for instance."

You get the feeling that she's slightly insulted by the second observation.

Elora, she waves you out the door, saying, "No, you're free to go, now. Pleasure talking with you."
It's a good thing she let you out then, because Detlef's already leaving with two big people in trenchcoats.

What do you do?

Tatiana, well, that was a waste of time.

Even worse, one of the trench-coated people(?) has already closed the gap, flashed something in front of Detlef's face, and is now leading Detlef out while he's in a daze. The other one is following behind, and you'll have to get past that one before you can get close to Detlef again.

What do you do?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 0/5 Harm 0/5

Well, that was a waste of my time. Next time, I will insist that Krupp buys the drinks before he wanders off to do whatever he does. Fortunately, while they are taking Detlef with them, Elora's meeting with the management has put her in a location to block their way. This should give us some sort of advantage on securing Detlef, even if I don't want to get my hands or my clothes dirty. I move over to the men in the hats, trying to cut off their path back into the club, raising my voice to get their attention. "What are you doing with -my- employee? If you wish to talk to him, you can talk to him in here. Because the other person wanting to talk to that man is in front of you."

I point out Elora, hoping that she's in a mood to look for a fight. At the very least, be willing to get physically in the way.

Persuade NPC: 2d6+1 4 Welp.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?


Elora Lambros, The Hunter

Indeed, Elora is coming back into the main area of the club, looking annoyed. Then she sees these guys in trenchcoats trying to drag Detlef away, and upgrades "annoyed" to "pissed". There is no way in hell she's not meeting with him after putting up with all this horseshit.

She gets right in front of one of the two trench coat guys, blocking him before he can leave. She gives a half-second glance to Tatiana, then looks into the shadowy space between the hat and the collar. "Exactly where the gently caress do you think you're going with him? He's here waiting for me, and I did not want to come here in general. As you can imagine, I'm in a really pissy mood right now, so let him go, walk away, and you won't have to get your asses kicked by a 5-foot Greek woman in front of everyone."

"Persuade" an NPC: 2d6 2 oh you've got to be loving kidding me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


Krupp taps the sketch with a crooked finger and smiles at Casper.

"Your hand has improved, yes? Shading is excellent around eyes. Hmm. She looks... familiar."


Put a name to a face: 2d6-1 6


"Vasn't she in one of your peculiar dreams?" He turns the page back to Casper. "Just imagine her smiling with many more of the sharp teeth, yes?"


Could use some assistance with the roll, fellow Power buddy! *waves a Debt at you*

Also, I've marked every faction. ADVANCE TIME! I'm taking a +1 to Spirit.


Let it out: 2d6+3 11 Frighten & Intimidate, Take definite hold of something vulnerable or exposed


As the giants approach them, Krupp gives them the two-fingered salute without bothering to look at them.

"gently caress off."

He pauses.

"Actually, no. You-" He points at one of them at random, then points at the floor next to him. "-here. Rest of you, you know vat to do."

He finishes his conversation with Casper, then turns back to the giant.

"Now, your turn. You people seem busy tonight. Tell me things. Make them interesting."

Megazver fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2015 around 05:33

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.


Nonce, the Spectre

"Hello Brent. You have a cell phone? You might wanna pretend to talk into it if you want to stay inconspicuous."
Nonce has placed himself next to the ghoul, still out of arms reach in case he can touch him somehow.
"I've got to say you've been a lot smarter about things than the others. No screaming in the night, no bursting into people's houses, no rushing people to eat their flesh. That's not enough though."
Nonce takes a few careful steps around Brent, trying to keep him off his feet.
"You crawl out the ground in this city, there's a few people you go see if you don't want to be put right back in it. I don't know how you or the others got up again, but it's causing problems, and you don't want to be a problem for these people."
He tries a quick shoulder pat, seeing if he can feel it.
"Let's you and me take a walk, alright? I'll get you introduced, and you won't have to look over your shoulder everywhere you go. Not as much, anyway."

Persuade NPC: 2d6 3 Oops.

Sorry about my absence. Long story short I now have one less uncle. It was expected, but anyway.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


William Root
Corruption 0/5 | Harm 0/5 | Marked: M N P W

I give Shauna a lopsided grin. She's caught me out, and it's not my style to bluster my way out of it. "Krupp - Don't get me wrong, I find you plenty interesting. But Krupp's a major league rear end in a top hat, and it pays to know where he's at before the poo poo hits the fan, right?" I shrug helplessly.

"Semi-professional curiosity, really. Came up while I was running something else down. Really it's just dotting my i's, crossing my t's, so if the client hears about it later I can say I already looked into it."

"How about this - you tell me what's going on with the quartz, I'll make sure no one can pin that meeting you had. How's that sound?"

Persuade an NPC (+Heart): 2d6+1 13

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2015 around 00:55

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Casper
Blood 0, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 2
Mortality 1*, Night -1, Power 1*, Wild 1*
Foretellings: 1-Hold

"What? Oh..." Casper thinks hard on the picture. She did look familiar. It's hard to completely forget a face like that. Scars and teeth, and a burning stare. "Yes...I saw her in a abandoned firehouse? A house on fire. A house of Fire. She didn't move, but she did speak. It was the sound of sirens. She looked angry. And hungry. But yes...she smiled." He shakes himself. Even half-remembered, the dreams of an oracle are potent. "I'm sorry if I can't give you anything more that.

Lend a Hand (Power): 2d6+1 10
+1 for Krupp's Put a Name


Casper nods to the wizard. "I think I had best be going. Plenty of work for me elsewhere." He looks around the room. Out of the safety of Umbra, and back out into the night. Madh and who knows what else was waiting out there.

He leaves a few dollars on the bar, and bids the man behind it goodbye. The humid night air hits him like a ton of bricks. The mental hospital downtown? That must be Devereux. All kinds landed there. But there wasn't any point in going there just to get kicked out for being some random stranger. Credentials were what the doctor ordered, and Deepak Chopra was an expert at fabrication. Casper pulls out his phone and dials. "Hey, Deepak? It's Casper. I need something, medical or law. I'll be over in a bit." Deepak always came through.

Hit the Streets (Mortal): 2d6+1 7

Bah! I will mark Mortal, and pick 'Whoever you’re going to is juggling their own problems,' to be described by Cap Falcon.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Casper:, you get a text back from Deepak :

quote:

Casper! There's some vamps I made some fake IDs for. But the ticks didn't listen when I told them the magnetic strip was for show! They're pissed off and looking for me now.Come on, man, I'll do anything!
What do you do?

William, she looks satisfied with the answer and, after thinking it over a moment, says, "Fine. But if anyone shows up on my doorstep, I'm going come looking for you." She look around before saying, "They're for the lottery. But not in the way you think. The winning balls can be used to do some scary powerful luck altering magic. Unfortunately for wizards everywhere, some in-the-know mortals on convinced the commission to dispose of the balls every time they win. Something about how it shows they weren't tampered with, but no one's gonna destroy something valuable. And if you could find where they're being stored... well, I'll leave that to your imagination."

She sighs and says, "Problem is, there are a lot of loser balls that interfere with the scrying. So, just gotta keep doing it until you get a hit. I think my master is working with a few other people to do the scryings, and they're gonna split the take."

She gives you a dangerous glare as she says, "And you didn't hear that from me. Got it?"

Nonce, he mutters, "I'm sick of voices in my head telling me what to do."
His hand lashes out and grabs you around your neck. It's a very good thing that you don't need to breathe anymore, but it's still pretty uncomfortable. He starts to drag you towards the bathroom. He got an odd glance or two from his sudden movement, but the surrounding people are already going back to their drinks and conversation. After all, it's not like he hurt anyone, right?

What do you do?

Don't worry about it, we haven't gone very far. And sorry to hear about your uncle.

Krupp, What, exactly, are you doing when you let the power out? It's obviously something scary, but a few more details wouldn't be remiss.

In the meantime, you've got the bouncers suddenly questioning the wisdom in that chat they were planning on having with you. The smallest of the giants that you pointed to stands rooted to the spot you pointed to and, after wracking his brain for a moment, says, "Uh, well, buncha 'prentices out tonight. Your kinda 'p-prentices, I mean. Normally, they dun get along, but they're all out partyin' t'night."

What do you do?

Elora, one of the trenchcoats starts to raise a fist to punch your lights out, but another one whispers to him. You manage to catch, "-mall tiger that keeps the wolves at bay. And the wolves will be baying soon. Best to leave the cat alone." In a smooth motion, he simply uses the fist to forcefully brush you aside and make it out of the door. Where...

Tatiana, the trenchcoats don't even spare you a glance as they keep walking out the door, half dragging the dazed Detlef with them. They step outside the club and don't make it more than a few steps before there's a flash.

All that is left is a small scorch mark and a still glowing rune embedded in the ground.

What do you do?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?


Elora Lambros, The Hunter

Elora looks pissed, then wheels around to Tatiana. "What was that all about? How do you know Detlef? The only reason I came here in the first goddamn place is because of him!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 1/5 Harm 0/5

I sigh at Elora's anger, not because I don't share it but because that will cause problems in the future. "Detlef works at my company, he has been working from home. Those men, from what I can tell, have been following him around recently. I've been looking into some disappearances of my people, and Detlef's project seemed to be the only connection. Runes. Strange. Give me a second."

If there's one thing I know about, it is how to transport myself and others through mystical passageways. The Fae have many such passages all around the city. All it takes is a small amount of energy and a good, solid, look. Now, trying to track their activity, that's something that will take a little force. A surprisingly cool breeze flows past as my true face flashes for a moment and a cool blue light extends towards the rune.

Let It Out: 2d6+2 8 Extend Supernatural Senses to get a trail to follow from the rune, mark corruption.

"How have you been, Elora? Also, you may need to get anything you left inside. They will not steal anything, but you may need it. Unless there's still more business here?" Well, I can be polite at least.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You pick up the nugget of URANIUM and...

Oh that was so stupid. Why would you do that?


Elora Lambros, The Hunter

Elora looks shocked when she sees Tatiana's face change for that moment. "Wha...wait, what the hell are you? What is-"

thelazyblank posted:

"How have you been, Elora? Also, you may need to get anything you left inside. They will not steal anything, but you may need it. Unless there's still more business here?" Well, I can be polite at least.
"-going...what?" Elora looks momentarily off-balance by the sudden tonal shift. She is not having a good night. "I've been...busy. Wait, hold on. I need to go get my sword, then we're going to figure out what the deal with with that symbol there, and once this is sorted out we are going to have a Talk."

She looks around for one of the bouncers, realizing she doesn't know who to talk to to get her sword back.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


William Root
Corruption 0/5 | Harm 0/5 | Marked: M N P W

"Got it," I say with a nod. "I'll stop bothering you then."

That sort of scheme is what I expected. Makes sense - well, sort of. From the perspective of powers like that. Useful tidbit to know, either way. The other buyer, though. Same motive? Something about it still bothers me.

In the meantime, I take another look around the place. Looks like Krupp and Casper kibitzing with some bouncers over something. Tatiana and Elora hanging out together, which spells trouble. I weigh the options, then heads over in the direction of the hunter and the fae. If Casper needs a hand, he's got my number. The other two probably wouldn't think of it.

I make my way over, making sure they can see me coming. Elora can be a bit... twitchy. "You two look like someone kicked your puppy."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Tatiana Romanov, the Fae
Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 0, Spirit 2
Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1(x), Wild 1
Corruption: 1/5 Harm 0/5

"William, so good to see you." I speak to him while still trying to pin down the information from the rune and where they've traveled to. The fact that I'm positioned as I am makes talking while facing him very impractical. "The club took her sword, and some men in black hats took my employee. A man who apparently had reached out to Ms. Lambros for help of her nature."

As William approaches, I point out the runic mark but keep him physically away even if he's not trying to get closer to it. "Don't get too close."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


William Root
Corruption 0/5 | Harm 0/5 | Marked: M N P W

I holds up my hands, stopping well short. "I know enough not to put my foot in unknown runes or magic circles," I say with a grin. "Policy about weapon's is pretty strict. Don't think I can talk the sword loose, but they're pretty good about handing stuff back if you don't cause trouble."

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.


Nonce, the Spectre

Nonce would be sighing, if he wasn't being held by the throat. Another crazy after all, just better at pretending.
Oh, well.

Waiting until they're out of the press of people, Nonce grips his hidden dagger.
If he could touch this guy, then so could this.
Bye, bye, hamstring.

[http://orokos.com/roll/318807]Knifing NPC[/url]: 2d6+2 5 poo poo.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006


"Apprentices?" Krupp frowns, lost in thought, then slowly focuses his eyes back on the giant's face. "I don't give a gently caress. gently caress off."

That dealt with, he looks around again. Ah. Young Nonce seems to be having trouble with a... ghoul? Huh. He inhales (a sentimental habit at this point in his journey) and channels his power. Then, he intercepts the two just as Nonce attempts his knife maneuver and addresses the ghoul:

"You are one of those Unsavory Individuals I am hearing about, yes? Perhaps even a Shady Character?" He clucks his tongue. "How unfortunate."

"Do vat you are told or I turn you inside out."


Channelling: 2d6+3 11 4 Wizard Hold

Let it out: 2d6+3 8 Frighten, intimidate, or impress your opposition

I'd say this is definitely Doing Nonce a Favor, so I'd like a Debt if Methane agrees. (I'm trying to get at least three advances before I leave this club. )

quote:

Krupp, What, exactly, are you doing when you let the power out? It's obviously something scary, but a few more details wouldn't be remiss.

Oh, it's nothing flashy. They are just filled with a crystal clear understanding of how poor their certain future Krupp-related life choices are, with a distinct tinge of things being on the verge of getting... ribbity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Nonce, seeing you reach for your knife, the ghoul bounces you on the ground and starts squeezing enough to deal out a harm. Suddenly, though, he drops you, because...

Krupp, he sees you level a finger craclking with energy at him and drops Nonce to the ground. Then, he runs out the back door into the night.
Just to point out, if you want to get people to do something with threats, that's still Persuade an NPC

Tatiana, you can trace the energy of teleportation spell through the ley line of the city and down to the docks. Which is odd, given how that is generally considered to be the front of a turf war between a lord of the summer court and a band of demons. Wonder what some golems (Ah, yes. The trenchcoats were golems.) are doing there.

Elora, as soon as you start looking for someone to ask, the giant who escorted you up to the suite presents you with your sword and a box.

Tatiana, what is a traditional gift a fae lord would give to their underling? Because that's what's in the box.

  • Locked thread
«2 »