Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes

Dead Gay Romans posted:

(how insane does a us president have to be before the world bands togethe)r to try and destroy the US?

Like is our pending election of Donald Trump gonna be enough or do we have to go the full Hitler before all those limp dicked Euros ask China and Russia and try and stop us before we destroy everything by electing literal madmen.

I mean I'm voting Trump anyway because I wanna watch that poo poo-show, but I'm having a hard time imagining the rest of the world even pretending we are a sane nation any more.

I know if I were on the outside looking in at a United States that just elected Donald loving Trump Commander and Chief of the worlds most insanely powerful military, I would be making as many plans with my neighbors as possible to try and put an end to that disaster.

TL:DR

edit: I'm gay, and so say all of us

i saw this in gbs and thought it was an interesting concept/question, what do u guys think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
I do not think even a Trump presidency would change the status quo that much

Ace of Baes

Bwee posted:

i don't either but the idea of politics being pushed slightly more and more to neo-conservative each year seems like it'd eventually lead up to some kind of major catastrophic event

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bwee
Wait about 350 years, IMHO

Ace of Baes

Bwee posted:

Wait about 350 years, IMHO

i feel like the most of the world will be a nuclear wasteland at that point

----------------

Ace of Baes
once technology advances enough to molecular engineer uranium and enrich it in a building the size of a factory it's only a matter of time until nuclear terrorism leads to a third world war and nuclear winter spreads across major parts of almost every continent,

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Bwee posted:

no presidency will ever chagne the status quo much, because the etnire system is bought

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
bernie sanders will never make it past a primary, and if he did he's probably turn out like th rest

----------------

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I wonder how much of the vote will be people like the quoted op, and how much will be unironic republicans who honestly think Donald Trump is the best thing since Bush II.

I ran into a little black woman in the laundry room today who went on a long ramble about how he says what everyone else is afraid of saying, and the military is going to round up civilians in chains, and some other complete insanity, and it just made me sad and confused that so many people support this bullshit.

Commie NedFlanders

the status quo keeps spinning and never falls like the top in inception

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

joke_explainer

I highly doubt there will be overt military action against US forces by any state regardless of who the chief executive is. I mean the president's power is limited. Logistically any country other than Russia has its non-submarine boats all destroyed in like a few hours... it's just hard to figure out what they would be doing, you know? I guess Canada could get some boots on the ground but it'd still be very strange. The projection of US armament would mean the capability to completely shut down a lot with them...

I mean I guess I'd have to know the specifics of what kind of an attack you are imagining happening here.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I don't know that other countries would overtly attack us, because at that point we may very well be like North Korea

too crazy to engage, too crazy to ignore, just keep a wary eye on

maybe poor people and minorities could start seeking asylum elsewhere once things get really out of control though

Cyberbird

the united states is bad and can't be fixed and i'm scared.

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
surround yourself with smart people whenever and wherever you can!

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Local political action poses much more of a threat than national stuff imo

Piso Mojado

joke_explainer posted:

I highly doubt there will be overt military action against US forces by any state regardless of who the chief executive is. I mean the president's power is limited. Logistically any country other than Russia has its non-submarine boats all destroyed in like a few hours... it's just hard to figure out what they would be doing, you know? I guess Canada could get some boots on the ground but it'd still be very strange. The projection of US armament would mean the capability to completely shut down a lot with them...

I mean I guess I'd have to know the specifics of what kind of an attack you are imagining happening here.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
hitler wasnt insane and in fact only extended the european imperial-colonial project to neighbouring countries

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
to answer the op, like thee fiddy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bog pixie

another thoughtful post in gbs - stickied thread "Dolphin getting weiner sucked by a smaller, inferior cuck fish"

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

bog pixie posted:

another thoughtful post in gbs - stickied thread "Dolphin getting weiner sucked by a smaller, inferior cuck fish"

I thought this was a joke but it's real

----------------

weird

by zen death robot

bog pixie posted:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mapparu

bog pixie posted:

• Locked thread