Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

why would wins be a better vote based on MMM flipping town???

Because his whole thing yesterday was questioning MMM for challenging him (and not really going anywhere with it) which I didn't like but would have been ok if MMM flipped scum (obviously) but now looks even worse.

Does that make sense? Maybe not... I didn't sleep well either, but point still stands that I am more suspicious of wins than anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i dont think that makes a lot of sense but wutev

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I said that I was sure Asiina was town because her scum game stinks. I think her coming after me is something town Asiina would do, even if it means she has no sense of Wrestle-Honor.

Asiina you say I'm disengaged but I don't feel like I've really missed much.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
##vote somber

Was all set to vote asiina, surprised by her challenge and somber vote, it makes sense surprisingly, but it wasn't until somberbrero made the hilarious post about being engaged that I realized he was the better vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

##vote somber

Was all set to vote asiina, surprised by her challenge and somber vote, it makes sense surprisingly, but it wasn't until somberbrero made the hilarious post about being engaged that I realized he was the better vote.

The amount of justification provided here is a little much to be believable. You could be Scunthorpe.

I typed scum but that's way better.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do find these immeadiate challenges to be suspicious, but trying to wrap my head around why they are happening is tough since this game setup is new to me

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

First day back at work after a long summer wore me out, and even after a nap I am still a bit out of it.

I still would vote wins and haven't seen a lot to change my mind.

I also thought Somber has been playing a bit odd, and less that I agree he is disengaged and more like he is faking it and I don't really buy his reasoning.

Somberbrero posted:

Coming out of the gate with a challenge almost completely devoid of context is weird, and also scummy.

This was his after the fact justification for voting MMM late in D1, and it feels flimsy and more like looking for something to critique than actually looking for scum. Admittedly, this might just be because I don't see the quick challenge as scummy rather than just dumb or flippant regardless of alignment.

Asiina feels like she is probably town to me, and I don't have a good read on WWM.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I need to do a reread with fresh eyes tomorrow, particularly on the players who aren't in the challenge. These quick challenges are making me myopic.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote somber

##vote wwm

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Ernie. posted:

##vote wwm

Insightful as always Ernie

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

This deadline is going to be rough.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dag

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote somber

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote wins WHERE DID HE GO?

I will move to Somber though, he is acting like he just gave up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm scum because I'm not posting as much, makes sense.

##vote wwm

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Insightful as always Ernie

am i the only one who sees this post for how scummy it is?

what does this post even mean? i don't have a history of being regarded as a low-effort player - the only reason to make this post is in a defensive stance which a town player wouldn't be right now

##vote somber

and this post is worded in the perfect way to escape any culpability when/if the cuddle goes sideways. i am 100% sure somber is town based on this post alone.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote wins

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Seriously though, I would like someone to restate the case on me in a way that makes sense.

Lurking is not inherently scummy. It's never pro-town, but it doesn't say anything about alignment. I also do not see myself as having been incredibly quiet given that we're on page seven. If it seems like I'm playing different than usual, that's because I usually would play Mafia as a brain break at work and now do not.

Ernie hits the nail on the head in regards to WWM. That's just not what a town vote looks like. Asiina is a huge goon for issuing the challenge immediately and then voting me, but at least she's trying.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Seriously though, I would like someone to restate the case on me in a way that makes sense.

Lurking is not inherently scummy. It's never pro-town, but it doesn't say anything about alignment. I also do not see myself as having been incredibly quiet given that we're on page seven. If it seems like I'm playing different than usual, that's because I usually would play Mafia as a brain break at work and now do not.

Ernie hits the nail on the head in regards to WWM. That's just not what a town vote looks like. Asiina is a huge goon for issuing the challenge immediately and then voting me, but at least she's trying.

You are content lurking, posting without actually saying anything. The only reason you are after me is because I called you out and somehow think a lack of posting is not inherently scummy.

Ernie doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You are content lurking, posting without actually saying anything. The only reason you are after me is because I called you out and somehow think a lack of posting is not inherently scummy.

Ernie doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.

I wish Ernie could have said more, he's definitely giving me bad vibes from the few content posts he has.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Asiina posted:

WWM is my second choice for scum, so I wanted to have them both in the challenge, but I feel stronger about Somber.

Somber in masonchat has been similar to here, which is mostly disengaged and saying things that don't really hold up to experience.

I can see WWM and Somber being scum together.

I can make a larger case with quotes and stuff later, but I'm extremely tired right now. Only got a few hours of sleep and it was full of nightmares so I kept waking up, so I'm going to go see if I can get a few more hours and maybe be productive later.

So blitz challenge with lack of promised follow up. Can we vote Asiina instead?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

##vote Asiina

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
How the gently caress am I being called out for 'content lurking' by the guy with 8 posts, the second fewest in the thread?

You're just throwing out buzzwords, lovely. I dare you to explain how lack of posting has anything to do with alignment. For the record, I have twice as many posts as you. I like how you also can't decide whether I'm lurking or content lurking. In fact, make any case at all instead of just trying to bluster through day two. Explain why you were going to vote Asiina, who hasn't posted since day start?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shots fired

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

How the gently caress am I being called out for 'content lurking' by the guy with 8 posts, the second fewest in the thread?

You're just throwing out buzzwords, lovely. I dare you to explain how lack of posting has anything to do with alignment. For the record, I have twice as many posts as you. I like how you also can't decide whether I'm lurking or content lurking. In fact, make any case at all instead of just trying to bluster through day two. Explain why you were going to vote Asiina, who hasn't posted since day start?

Her flipping out about the notion of me posting brief notes about players besides the four eligible candidates seemed scummy, until I realized she is an idiot and put her on ignore. Now that I can't read her posts she's not nearly as scummy.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Also it's what you do with those posts that counts. Like for example, I have put my thoughts out there on every player, and didn't need to be prompted to do such. I work 50 hours a week and have been taking care of my wife. I squeeze in a few hours of sleep, and maybe get a chance to post. I have been on the defensive all game because of two stupid quick challenges. I don't need a cause to post.

You on the other hand squeal like a little bitch because someone calls you out for doing shitall.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well multiple people noted that your comprehensive notes devoid of any real game content was scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Also it's what you do with those posts that counts. Like for example, I have put my thoughts out there on every player, and didn't need to be prompted to do such. I work 50 hours a week and have been taking care of my wife. I squeeze in a few hours of sleep, and maybe get a chance to post. I have been on the defensive all game because of two stupid quick challenges. I don't need a cause to post.

You on the other hand squeal like a little bitch because someone calls you out for doing shitall.

maybe go get some sleep because, again, you accusing me of doing nothing doesn't make any sense. gently caress you for trying to make this personal. if your life is so difficult then replace out. AGAIN your stupid ad hom bullshit does not correlate to alignment in any way.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Not Voting: HiipFire, imgay, Murmur Twin

again accepting your stupid premise that activity correlates to alignment, why aren't you calling out these players for doing anything? you lack any kind of internal consistency and are too sleepy to back up your thesis with any supporting text.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I am like 80% of the way to asking for a replacement because of how wwm is posting. Just casually popping in that piece of news.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I am like 80% of the way to asking for a replacement because of how wwm is posting. Just casually popping in that piece of news.

i don't replace out if i can help it and i really really really want to replace out.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote wwm

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Such delicate flowers

##vote wwm

Far be it for me to make anyone uncomfortable

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
tee hee

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote WWM

:frogout:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote WWM

Nothing else has a chance. That is -1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I no longer think Somber is scum.

We have bonded over how stupid this game is.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Asiina pushed this challenge, now I shall push back ##vote Somber

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014