Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I don't know ACVWs at all, how is the fuel pump run? If it's a pushrod-actuated diaphragm dealie like a SBC, that is a gasoline-into-crankcase ingress point. All it takes is a hole in the diaphragm, from alternative fuels perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You can also just get the bench bleed kit, use the clippy thing it comes with to hold the hose into the reservoir, then pump away at the pedal for a bit. Then put the hardline back on, and bleed normally. I had to do that with my clutch to get it to bleed right.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

The reservoir is inside the cab, the one on the cylinder is inaccessible when installed :(

Guess you'll need a longer piece of hose then!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

(the black wire is the positive, and the white the ground. On all 20 of them)

That's correct for household AC, so maybe whoever specced it wasn't thinking of the right application. It's not completely random, though.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

When it is on and doing nothing, the LED there pulls 68 mA.

You might want to look into your current limiting resistor; that seems really high for a non-retina-burning LED. Normal "super bright" LEDs like to be around 20mA.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Enourmo posted:

KEEP THE DRAGON

This cannot be over-emphasized.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think round-the-world shipping might cut into the savings a bit :v:

Geirskogul: I've had the best luck with some Ace Hardware locations as far as being able to actually cut the key, instead of relying entirely on the automated setups.

Yeah the local Rex/Ace is the only one locally that employs an older guy who seems to actually know what he's doing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

:siren: my fiancee :siren: crashed her motorcycle.

Jesus Christ, dude. I'm glad that everything worked out as "well" as it did, considering how bad it could have gone. Hope it all gets straightened out, both medically and mechanically.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 13, 2016

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Rather than an engine swap, Kastein seems to be suggesting using 1.8 Subaru parts (ECU and assorted bits) to run your existing engine, as a way to get rid of your carb synch woes. I guess the hardest part would be getting all the sensors to mount up correctly, and making an intake manifold with injector bungs and a throttle body.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

What an appropriate price for a fine automobile such as yours! :monocle:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Alternately:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJi3G2oUOfY

I'm pretty sure this thing isn't even snap-on (I haven't managed to find it in their catalog) but a bunch of aftermarket chinese companies seem to make them. Maybe the impact action would have gotten it out easier than trying to twist it out with one of those extractors?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

Every, and I mean EVERY, 97-2004 explorer I see for less than $1500 has a grenaded transmission.

Well, if you've got one with a (slowly becoming) busted motor...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
So uh do you really need not one but two signs reminding you not to smoke in a loving ambulance? Then again, I guess smoking used to be allowed in hospitals, so what do I know.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Just got an email back from the original shop, looks like I was sent a "type 4 into type 1" header, which is shorter. Shipping back is insane to replace, even though they hosed up. I think I'm going to do a chargeback, then find a welding shop somewhere in Phoenix that can do a 3 inch extension on the muffler itself. Or just do it myself. babby's first real welding project.

Chargeback, then order it again from one of the other middleman companies and have it sent to a friend's house or something so they don't know it's you? I guess maybe you'll get the wrong thing again.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
People are awful. What was the take?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
It looks like just a flat piece; would it cost that much to just get a glass place to cut you something to size?

I understand the frustration; my car has been vandalized and stolen on different occasions and it really does feel like you've been violated. :(

I'm sure the guy will get what's coming to him in the end, and it's worth owning interesting vehicles despite the heartbreak when these things happen. Sorry, dude.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Tempered safety glass can't really be cut.

Oh yeah, safety glass. Dang, forgot about that. Could go lexan as a temporary fix, then fix it properly once you have a bit more money?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Provides additional piracy

Don't you work for the government? I thought they'd take a dim view of that :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fermented Tinal posted:

My timing light is still in the blisterpack it came in 5 years ago. :v:

And mine lives in my trunk for just-in-case, despite the inductive clamp being melted one time too many. What's your point?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

I don't know how else to tart it up.

:shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Didn't you spec them at 7.5W each? That's quite a disparity, especially considering you're overdriving the voltage a little bit by running them on automotive "12V" (14.5V).

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Ah, ok. I was assuming a higher voltage so ~2A, so a 50% deviation seemed like a lot. But I guess it's not, really. I guess it doesn't matter at all for what you're doing, since you just want to get in the ballpark anyway. Nevermind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Vanagoon posted:

Suggestion:

Find some rubber hose that has an inside diameter that's close to the outside diameter of the intake runners and either slip it on or slit it and fasten with metal cable ties.

Maybe some of that crinkly gently caress wire loom would work.

I think maybe that split foam insulation for water pipes might work pretty good. Don't know how flammable it is or isn't, though.

• Locked thread