Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

IOwnCalculus posted:

Especially because even by Phoenix standards it's been stupid loving hot lately. We had a few days in a row where the low was over 90.

Seriously, I have plenty of time to walk the dog, but gently caress going outside. Go play in the yard and scratch the door when you want back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Locator posted:

I was not aware that ant bites could kill you in Phoenix. I suppose there is some sort of super-ant around here that I'm unaware of though.

As far as spiders, black widows here suck, but unlikely to be crawling around on your dash. Tarantula's are kind of cool, and I guess we have brown recluses as well, but that's about it for poisonous ones. Some people just don't like spiders!

I have a huge black widow living in my garage door. Also one living under the Suzuki Swift. They are my minions. My wife hates them with a passion.i don't live that far west from you, but we don't get many tarantulas in our gated community. Most of the wild life has been driven out. Or murdered by pest control...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Magnus Praeda posted:

Black widows are cool since they aren't aggressive and typically won't bite unless actively provoked--like you often have to squeeze them or sit on them to get them to bite. Even then, they can choose how much venom (if any) to use in the bite. Still wouldn't want one in my house/car, but I'm way less freaked out by them than the hobo/aggressive house spider or brown recluse.

Inside the house or car and they are killed on sight. Garage or under the car gets them sympathy unless they are on something I want to hold in my hands, then they are given ample time to go elsewhere or face the mallet of spider killing +1 (usually a shoe).

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Fart Pipe posted:

Whatever frankencarb you use go with the smaller jet for sure. That should help lower CO and hydrocarbons. Good luck man. I went through the same thing with my Rx7 when I worked at an emissions station and it never passed, not even close. I had to get a new fail sticker every 60 days since we werent allowed to have any non complying cars on the property.

I agree with this. It looks like it is running ok at load but rich at idle. Does it idle kinda rough but smooths out on acceleration? Is idle rough and acceleration feel restricted? Anything you can tell us other than the report? Shame they don't give you all of the readings instead of just what important for pass/fail. Co2 and o2 readings help tell you what's wrong and let's you use a lambda calculator to give your exact a/f ratio and such. That tells you if it is a fuel system problem or something else. Your car sounds like the perfect diagnostic example for my smog class.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Awesome! What do you think was the silver bullet in order to pass idle? Just adjusting?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Seriously. I'm making all those stupid baby noises watching that thing play after being in such horrible shape. Dude, well done and even if you don't keep it, you've done an awesome thing.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

scuz posted:

Bug or Bus!

I like Bug the most (it could even be what you call him when Beetle is too long) but I would be in favor of any car related name.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

And, let's look at tomorrow's temperature

Yeah, I feel your pain. Projected high of 116 here. 106 at 10 AM. I think I'll be staying indoors and home today.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Wrar posted:

"It's a dry heat" doesn't apply any more when it's well over 100F. That's just drat hot.

My cutoff here for being outside for things is about 107. Below that and I can handle light work. Above 107 and it just feels like I'm being cooked to death.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I've been meaning to ask so now is as good a time as ever. Is that Sketch Up you're using? Any good tutorial sites or YouTube vids you'd recommend for someone that is slowly teaching himself how to poorly use it?

Those handles look great!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Oh, I've been using a student copy of SolidWorks 2014, but I've also used Onshape (made by ex-SW guys) and it's extremely similar. For my first SolidWorks tutorials, I actually had a Lynda subscription and used that. The videos are available as :filez:, but I think there are better YouTube tutorials now (though I don't know what they are). After the first few videos, I've been learning on my own, mixed in with typical github-style forum searches when I come across a problem. Really, all of my "modeling" is basic shapes and a near-illegal abuse of the linear pattern and fillet commands.

Thanks. I've been discussing the creation of some drawers and other wood working things with my father in law but neither of us want to hand draw and then scan and email or do the same with paint or whatever. Figured if I could make it with sketch up it would be easy, but I need some hand holding to get started. I'll keep searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Roaches just got bad on our side of the desert. They are all scurrying to get inside. Not that many scorpions in our complex, though. We just get a ton of black widows.

• Locked thread