Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

E: the difference between the two is like going from lead-free to leaded solder. So nice.
Ahh, this I understand. Next summer is the Summer of Welding for me so it's awesome to hear your experiences first-hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:worship: Cat Savior :worship:

I voted for your bus as my favorite AI car in the sheep game, good luck :3:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bug or Bus!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Baww, kitty :3:

Geirskogul, my galpal wants an old Beetle for her next car and I haven't a clue what to put on my checklist when looking at Beetles. Could I arse you to write up a doesn't-have-to-be-very-long list of dealbreakers that would save me a lot of time? Buying old cars in Minnesota is like riding a po-go stick through a minefield.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dude, thanks a ton for this. If I hadn't known about the heater channels I wouldn't have thought they were a problem, let along a huge one.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:eyepop: Those're the OLD plugs?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dang! My 2.0L is very unlikely going to be showing me that kind of love when I take 'er all apart. Nice pliers, by the way.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
IDK, something practical with a leftover window unit? :shrug:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, you're also gonna need a drain for it. From the photo I had assumed that you had cut a big ol' AC-sized hole in the side of the bus for that thing cuz that's the only way it'll work :( How many BTUs is it? And since cold air sinks, it'd be better to mount it up higher, but this is a non-standard application you're going for. poo poo, it might be easier to mount the thing on the roof and divert all the cold air with ducting, etc.

Incidentally the Thompson's Water Seal spray was what I was going to recommend for the water proofing but you beat me to it :thumbsup:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress Barrett Jackson.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Man that loving sucks :( Adhesive sucks, what about long 1x3s and clamps? Or strip magnets? To hold sheet plastic in place, that is.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:eyepop:

howwwww

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sabotage bad, new door seals good.

The band played a show in Tulsa, OK last week and during some down time I found a place called the Bug Haus on route 66. Stopped in and it was an ACVW paradise and made me think of this thread.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
The center console in our band van is a wooden end-table that I secured to the floor via angle brackets and drywall screws. Your console, by comparison, is Quite Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have a buyer lined up.

Sold the Enfield two weeks ago for textbook money. It had been sitting unused for a few years. The bus was listed for $10k, and a man with his 23-ish year old daughter want it for 8. I have about 7700 in debt, so that covers it.

If I can pay down the debt, that'll raise my credit score from 670 to probably well above 700. The main drag RN is "debt load to limit" ratio. I'm at like 97% from poor choices.

I don't want to sell it, but the better score combined with these 3 community classes should let me into a nursing program afterwards.

I'll update the thread when/if it sells on Wednesday.
I, too, had a younger self that was doing his level best to sabotage his older self. Best of luck to you MGS, parting with treasured stuff to pay off mistakes is tough, but it's worth it in the end.

• Locked thread