Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
You can try cracking the fitting on the master cylinder to bleed the air out. I've done that with success when I couldn't bench bleed one. My old '80 brat even had bleeders on the master cylinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Welder kept shutting down, and is also poo poo. Fluxcore in the wind, lolololol. But another pass with the grinder tomorrow morning, and I think it'll be passable.

What welder were you using? Could just be going over the duty cycle and overheating it. Fluxcore should be fine in the wind too since it's designed for outdoor use.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Literally the cheapest welder I could find a year ago. Insert Chinese brand here. Like, $80. Only has a knob for wire feed, and two 2 position switches. One min/max, one I/II. I have no idea what each does, but I had the best results with Max and "I."

I just aimed for good penetration on both surfaces, even if it blobbed up in steps.

My friend got one of those, it was pretty terrible. I've heard they're a little bit better if you throw the harbor freight wire away and get a lincoln spool. I just put everything on the highest setting to weld my friends pre-runner bumper for his old ranger. It came out ok and never fell apart.

• Locked thread