Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

http://1942mods.com/battlefield-1942/

use mirror one the second one doesn't seem to work. looks like there's usually about 120 people playing. it's still fun tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

you win this time gul dukat

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
halo 1 demo had one map and still has players

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I've never played this game. Maybe I will now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Average Bear posted:

It was good. Maybe, the best.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
is 2142 still running

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
unfortunately 2142 was dead like 2 years after it was released

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zeal posted:

is 2142 still running

if you want to play with russians

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Average Bear posted:

it's a lot of fun but, obviously, it doesn't feel quite as excellent and innovative as it did when i was 12. that being said i had a lot of fun on some of the Russian-German maps this afternoon and somehow stayed in 3rd place the whole time

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I never figured out artillery aiming when I played way back when. Just would guess and hope it worked out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me and my friends once won a desert combat lan tournament because they didnt have a live on restart rule. we got on the server early and parked anti air guns on an angle on the hills around their spawn so we could spawn camp them for 20 minutes until we won.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

me and my friends once won a desert combat lan tournament because they didnt have a live on restart rule. we got on the server early and parked anti air guns on an angle on the hills around their spawn so we could spawn camp them for 20 minutes until we won.

hahahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmfao

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hahahahahah

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

played it recently, just makes me wish battlefield 1943 had gotten a pc release.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

if you want to play with russians

i'd consider it. how would I go about it?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zeal posted:

i'd consider it. how would I go about it?

I am not sure. Been a year or two since I tried to play. I did pod two people and it was worth it.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

halo 1 demo had one map and still has players

the halo 1 demo works on the decrepit old XP machines within the crumbling infrastructure of middle-schools and high-schools around america.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

liquid courage posted:

played it recently, just makes me wish battlefield 1943 had gotten a pc release.

this is the main reason I still keep my 360 around, tbqh

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Popular Human posted:

this is the main reason I still keep my 360 around, tbqh

do people actually still play it?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Yeah, surprisingly. I dunno about exact numbers or anything, but I still jump on to play Wake Island occasionally and I can always get into a full or nearly full game.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Still one of my favorites. Secret Weapons was a lot of fun. Loved flying the c 47 behind enemy lines to spawn behind enemy bases.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

I am not sure. Been a year or two since I tried to play. I did pod two people and it was worth it.

i just want to play one more evening in a command role on that frozen european urban map

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I wanna two man that Goliath mech poo poo so bad

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Boat posted:

the halo 1 demo works on the decrepit old XP machines within the crumbling infrastructure of middle-schools and high-schools around america.

I remember.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Kazvall posted:

Last time I played was about a year ago and I shot down a troop transport with the anti-tank rifle and got called a hacker. Worth it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
sick lets game :haw:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my morning jackass posted:

I never figured out artillery aiming when I played way back when. Just would guess and hope it worked out.

me neither and I would sort of still like to know how this was supposed to work. my buddy would scout a target and I would line up the vertical and horizontal things and the shell would go flying completely out of the combat zone?????

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of my LAN party friends worked at a junior high school and he hosted a LAN party for the kids after school and we volunteered to help set up and clean up. BF1942 had just come out (or just the Wake Island demo?) and all we knew about it was it was supposed to be pretty good so we installed that. We started with some other games and then fired up Battlefield and I remember running around the map the first time down a two-track and thinking "oh I wonder if you can find a vehicle to drive in this game, that might be cool"

Well it was loving amazing, we played Battlefield the rest of the night, 2v2 college gamer friends with like twenty 12-year-old kids filling out the teams, who had mostly never even played a FPS before, all trying to drive over each other in the jeep and crashing the airplanes and trying their very best, aha it was great. Powerful Gaming Memory.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Angry Boat posted:

blood gulch feels

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Ralp posted:

me neither and I would sort of still like to know how this was supposed to work. my buddy would scout a target and I would line up the vertical and horizontal things and the shell would go flying completely out of the combat zone?????

The vertical and horizonal things were just the maximum and minimum that you could move the gun. I think they intended for you sort of "walk" your shots to the intended target by seeing where they land, then adjusting.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Angry Boat posted:

sometimes id own a classmate so hard theyd let out an exasperated sigh or smack their desk and the teacher would look up and send them out for playing games in class

eventually it got to the point where if i wasn't the one setting up the lan match id get banned as soon as they figured out who i was

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

it was fun to ram jeeps on the advancing allied tanks from the south base in el alamein, just make sure to let the server know "enemy submarine spotted" first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
tfw you look over and steve is using wallhacks but u still murk him and everyone else on carentan dm

• Locked thread