Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Miss Lucha Underground after last week's finale? Watch many of their top stars plus Rey Misterio Jr and Myzteziz tonight wrestling on the biggest lucha libre show of the year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpwLTVIoE94

For the first time since the legendary When Worlds Collide show over 20 years ago AAA is on traditional PPV in the US, and this year's edition features English language commentary courtesy of LU's Matt Striker and ex WWE SAT guy Hugo Savinovich. It costs $30 for traditional PPV, and $19 for the ippv which you can watch at http://internetvluchalibreaaa.com. I was suspicious given the price difference but Voices of Wrestling told me on twitter that the iPPV feed would have the English commentary as well.

Card:

Dinastía, Drago, Goya Kong, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Daga, Mamba, Mini Psycho Clown, Sexy Star - each side has a mini, an exotico, and a conventional male and female luchador.
Averno, Chessman, and Cibernético (c) vs. Angélico, Jack Evans, and Fénix vs. Pentagòn Jr, El Hijo del Fantasma(King Cuerno), and Texano Jr. - AAA Trios Championship Match
Villano III, Villano IV, Villano V vs Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown - Villano III's retirement match
Blue Demon Jr. & La Parka vs El Mesías (Mil Muertes) & Electroshock
Alberto el Patrón vs Brian Cage - Hair vs. Hair apuestas match
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Myzteziz(Mistico I/Sin Cara I)

You can read thecubsfan's preview he wrote for Voices of Wrestling as he certainly knows far more about lucha than I do. You can also listen to Konnan talking to Dave and Sempervive about it on WO/F4W if you have a sub, although obviously AAA's booker is hardly going to be unbiased.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

What time does it start? LU has me on enough of a high I want to check this out if I can but want to be sure I can see it live.

Edit: It says 6pm on the iPPV link but I have no idea what timezone that is.

It's 6 Pm Mexico City time, which is the same as US Central for now at least (don't know how Mexico does DST). 7 Eastern, midnight UK/IE, or one hour from now!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

edit: nevermind, commentary's working

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 10, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

So can someone more up on AAA than me tell me what's up with the Perros Del Mal now that their leader and namesake tragically died? Did Daga just come out with their shirt as a memorial or are they still a thing? Wouldn't that be like Suzuki-gun continuing without Suzuki?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, the commentary's coming through in English now, cool!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

So is this match with the weird lucha tag rules where anyone can come in if someone leaves the ring?

that's all lucha tag matches, yeah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's interesting that Mini Psycho's a rudo unlike his full sized counterpart

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

For anyone here who didn't watch LU Matt Striker's a huge Pimpernela fan.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Pepe Casas is Negro Casas' dad :stare: Dude has to be ancient, no wonder he's retiring tonight.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

Pimpi owns
The pageantry owns
Striker owns
Drago owns
Sexy Star owns

Love this so far

Yeah, no one's going to confuse Striker for Lance Russell but he's obv into this and I don't mind him at all for thsi.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

have i only missed the luchadore/woman/mini/exotico match

yes, that and a little ceremony for pepe casas

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Of all the matches on this card this is the worst one to put in a cage

Yeah, Alberto vs Cage would've made a hell of a lot more sense as a cage match to me.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

they should have his go pro on in a picture-in-picture in the lower corner the whole time

we should count ourselves lucky we're getting video at all

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hace posted:

jack evans doesn't want to win, jack evans wants to kill

and angelico wants to die

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's gonna be awesome to see Evans and Angelico in BOLA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

2012 era Yujiro?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Is this the fake La Parka?

yeah the original's a really fat indie guy now known as L.A. Park

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

I decided to not buy this and it sounds like I made the right choice

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/630535974292860929

I actually don't think it's been THAT bad, though it's def been disappointing esp with the porduction fuckups

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I don't hate this show nearly as most but I sure hope the big 2 matches deliver

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

‏@courtbauer 1m1 minute ago

Nothing is more frustrating & devastating than the production issues with the audio we've had tonight. No excuses. You deserve better.
10 retweets 7 favorites

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ok, that t-shirt alone salvages this

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ishin posted:

:lol: Cuerno and Fenix continuing their LU feud.

And now loving Terantes antics.

they have a long running feud in AAA too for Fantasma/Cuerno's jr heavyweight title or whatever it's called here

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Why is Myzteziz wearing a giant gonzalez outfit?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

whatever he's wearing he needs to never wear it again because it is extremely ugly and everything in his outfit clashes with everything else

it actually looks ok without that terrible shirt

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

English announce table didn't break :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's sorta weird to me that Perros del mal is even still around as the evil rudo faction as they're inducting the late leader in the HoF as a beloved guy that died tragically.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

After all the positive feelings I had coming out of Ultima Lucha, seeing this show was a real disappointment even outside of the giant technical issues. The Rey/Mysteziz match was definitely the top match of the night, and I dig the mask vs mask challenge even if the beatdown section after the match was incredibly convoluted. But I don't think I'll be buying the next one, just keeping an eye out for the results and watching any matches later that get a lot of buzz.

Yeah, I hated this show less than most but it'll still be while before I give AAA my money/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/triplemana-xxiii-postmortem

Court Bauer has a quick 7 and a half minute podcast apologizing for TripleMania.

Just started listening, but it took me a second to realize that "Konnan is in Bolivia" wasn't a euphemism.

• Locked thread