Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What time does it start? LU has me on enough of a high I want to check this out if I can but want to be sure I can see it live.

Edit: It says 6pm on the iPPV link but I have no idea what timezone that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sweet, I may miss a little of the ending then but I'll take the gamble, here's to Lucha!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, it's running now. Haven't heard any commentary though so maybe this opening section with the announcer is just gonna be in Spanish because there was no point in overdubbing it and losing the crowd noise?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

ahaah they ripped off the mission impossible theme

New Japan: poo poo, we might not have the broadcast rights to this song, mute everything!
AAA: PLAY EVERYTHING!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The sound was sounding really hosed up, I left for a few minutes and come back to clear sound in English. So I'm guessing that Striker and Hugo had to claw their way physically through the language barrier.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Just had to duct tape the audio cables together a bit

Bryan Alvarez ran out and bought 100k in new audio equipment because he heard a weird echo when he was broadcasting from the toilet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, there was a submission? And there is no bell on a victory?

It's like this is the product of a different culture or something!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I have to admit I was only half listening, but are Los Villanos going to unmask at the end of this match regardless of the outcome?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LvK posted:

These mic levels need adjusting

Haha, Striker's even talking about it.

"I'm getting some buzzing in my ear.... I hope you folks at home aren't!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hace posted:

wrt to the audio I mean

Yeah, the audio is terrible :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"For those of you who can't hear Hugo, let me assure you his commentary is astounding."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The guy on the mic may or may not be a Cyberman, apparently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can't tell if the clown's audio is hosed or if it is the Great Khali under that mask.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Let me know on Twitter if you can hear Hugo."

My God :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The audio levels are all over the place, I have to keep adjusting my own volume controls down or up because they can't keep it consistent.

This match should be incredible though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

thefakenews posted:

I guess you're right. I mean, technically the stream is still active when the audio and video drops out.

Video hasn't been a problem for me - good quality, no stuttering, no blackouts. It's just that the audio has been a mess.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

it's even better when you see the wide view and this camera is one poor bastard straddling the cage with a shoulder cam

They even did a close-up of that poor bastard at one point!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Angelico is a loving madman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cuerno.... how did you not see that coming?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

hugo is alive

Hugo needs to just scream towards Striker's mic and hope he gets picked up on it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So are they just lovely mics/cabling? Did they bother doing soundchecks? Is somebody monitoring audio levels in the control room? What the hell is going on here, I assume the Spanish commentary aren't having the same issues.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hace posted:

speaking of spanish commentary

Director: Quick, we can almost hear Hugo, somebody pipe in the Spanish feed!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

now i haven't done audio production in a few years but from what i can tell nobody is monitoring anything. Earlier striker was telling people to tweet him if the audio was bad as if there wasn't somebody in the back watching the english feed at all. Keep in mind this is an improvement from last year

At least with Wrestle Kingdom while there was literally no communication between the English commentators and the control room, it seemed like they'd actually set things up and kept an eye on things audio-wise while leaving them free to just talk about whatever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo it's Francis Ford Coppola presents Bram Stoker's Dracula!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is this the fake La Parka?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Does anybody actually like Blue Demon Jr?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

I decided to not buy this and it sounds like I made the right choice

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/630535974292860929

Basically the audio issues aside it's been a mostly unimpressive (sometimes quite bad) showing matchwise. The final two matches could turn that all around, but even if they're great the buzzing, dropped audio, loss of commentary etc is going to really drag it down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp, that was a match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

gently caress i forgot hector died too

gently caress cancer :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

After all the positive feelings I had coming out of Ultima Lucha, seeing this show was a real disappointment even outside of the giant technical issues. The Rey/Mysteziz match was definitely the top match of the night, and I dig the mask vs mask challenge even if the beatdown section after the match was incredibly convoluted. But I don't think I'll be buying the next one, just keeping an eye out for the results and watching any matches later that get a lot of buzz.

• Locked thread