Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The biggest pop culture impact of the Fantastic Four was reviving the superhero comic in the 60's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MinibarMatchman posted:

most people who watch FF films will have never known about current rear end in a top hat reed richards or anything else

Reed's always been a prick.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The depiction of Reed has always been much more ambiguous than that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Or like how people like to say he's the father figure of the family. How, exactly? None of them are his kids. Ben is a peer. Johnny is a "kid" but Reed has married his sister, who's merely a few years older. He may be a genius but the character is good because Lee and Kirby never just said anything and everything he did was okay because he's "Dad". In fact one of the things that made FF so revolutionary (like Spider-Man) was that the characters change over time. This is why you don't have Flash Thompson pushing Peter Parker around still 40 years later.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They really didn't expect Hiddleston being much more popular than Hemsworth.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Slugworth posted:

I keep seeing this place referred to as dead, is the situation really so dire or are we comparing it to like, reddit, which has like 4 billion users?

This forum moves fast enough that there are days I can't read all the new posts in the threads I follow. Reddit sounds like a nightmare.

I would love for someone to claim that Reddit is better than any forum and not be joking about it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

computer parts posted:

It's probably better than Stormfront.

You're not allowed to use racial slurs on Stormfront.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

effectual posted:

? Is he playing a part in this, like usual, or being weirdly honest? It's not like their usual goofy stuff.

The longball is that Tim's full of himself because he's now a movie star, also, he's needling Gregg about his cameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A Gump & Co. movie would have been batshit.

• Locked thread