Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Will studios stop doing origin movies now? Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

Part of the reason why I liked Guardians of the Galaxy so much is it spent about 5 minutes on a quick origin, then jumped to present day and told the rest of the origin through dialogue and references. The sequel might have some more back story about Quill's dad, and it is much more interesting now that we know the character than if it had been tacked on to the start of the first movie.

I hope more of the Marvel and DC movies follow suit. Tell the origin story in bits and pieces throughout the course of multiple movies. It makes the characters more intriguing and keeps the first movie from falling into the cookie-cutter formula of origin story + bad guy from your past + climatic battle.

And then killing that bad guy so the problem is solved forever and will never come back in any meaningful way.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

How the hell does this happen. Not that i feel bad for stan lee but drat.

We can see thanks to the paperwork filed in those lawsuits.
Example:

Basically they charge themselves various fees until there's no profit left.

• Locked thread