Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Versatile And Adaptable 18 To 50 Year Old Male To Read Minor Roles For A Feature Film Reading

quote:

We are doing a table read for a powerful World War II independent feature film set in France. This is a provisional cast to see how the script flows at the moment. Those who are standouts in their roles will be kept in mind as this progresses. The table read will be held August 23rd in Santa Monica at an office on the Third Street Promenade.

PROJECT BUDGET:
>$1,000,000

PAY RATE:
UNPAID

UNION INFO:
NON-UNION

FILMING BEGINS:
AUGUST 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

KakerMix posted:

While we can wait we can follow an epicly forgettable b-grade movie filled with a bunch of no-name actors about a subject that's going to be handled with the care that the Wing Commander movie was handled with.

I am throwing money at the screen and agree wholeheartedly

brown sea posted:

One cannot reasonably expect polish and performance from a game in such an early stage. ^^

How are these even people?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

sorla78 posted:

Oscars inbound, if this is the quality of dialog coming with Star Citizen, I am dying a happy backer, it already outclasses Wing Commander 3. (Catch the Zombie reference)

I also like this one here:
Is this what passes for a B-grade now?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
People did this with Elite Dangerous when that was launching, forgetting that in the passage of time the original Elite is now poo poo.
The difference between Elite and Wing Commander is that Wing Commander always was poo poo, even at the time.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
SC is now funding B grade movies!

Sandra's plan is finally revealed!

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
So GEM Productions is run by this guy Greg Martell, who is doing a weekly 30min show that he describes as below, I wonder how CIG got involved with him, is this show really a thing, or is someone totally overselling himself there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWzfOy162tE
"The Gregory Mantell Show" is a weekly half-hour TV talk show that focuses on experts, the entertainment industry, and health & fitness. The program airs on cable TV in New York and LA."

On his web-page: http://www.gregorymantell.com/

Gregory Mantell has been called one of America's best interviewers!

"Greg Mantell is a TV producer, reporter, and anchor, and host of the popular internet talk show, "The Gregory Mantell Show," featuring celebrities and experts on a wide range of subjects. The show has been seen by millions online and has appeared on cable TV in NYC and LA. With more than 330 episodes under his belt, Greg regularly receives rave reviews for his relaxed, insightful interviews from industry professionals and viewers alik"

Features some blurbs:
"Our office is still raving about how natural and poignant Greg's interview was with Julie. Whenever I mention his name, they say, 'Oh Gregory Mantell--THAT was a great interview!'."
- Chanel Graham, assistant to Julie Morgenstern, a time management expert who has been on the all the national talk shows

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Accelerwraith

:pusheen:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
good lord it's like a battle of the titans but only instead of titans it's pasty nerds and instead of a battle it's meaningless bullshit typed out in asthmatic rage.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Seems to be real.

quote:

As for you, I have a whole blog just for you that's currently WIP.
I am sure that your sycophants would be happy to know the details of one of the primary reasons why it was an easy decision to ban you over at RSI.
Do you remember the private (which amounts to sexual harassment) messages you were allegedly sending to another member who just happened to have "wolf" in their name? And one in which you apparently sent an image of your dick in tight underwear?
True or false?
You know, the reasons that they apparently had to go in and read all your private messages? And the primary reason you were the laughing stock of the mods and which earned you the nicknames "the wulge" and "peachfuzz"? Even Chris and Sandi were apparently aware of it btw.
See? Here's the thing. When you start putting yourself in the spotlight by going up against the one person who pretty much knows everybody, you gain attention. And usually that's not good. So imagine my surprise when, less than 24hrs later (following your baiting me on social media with the "gently caress Off" response the FTC sent you as per your FOIA), I am getting emails and private tweets showing your hypocrisy.
As a result of the allegations, I now have the image and screen caps of those messages.

Wulf doesn't seem to be currently banned from RSI, but please let the rest be true.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I have to admit, I just gloss over CIG and Wulf retorts and stuff by this point - I just don't give a poo poo anymore. But I will always enjoy Derek Smart madness to its full extent.

^ And I know for a fact the dick pics are true on multiple occasions, but like I said - someone else ITT should have the honors of posting those, if they want to.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3lufmi/tablereading_for_feature_film_being_hosted_at_rsi/cv9dvnc

titbit.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

Seems to be real.

Wulf doesn't seem to be currently banned from RSI, but please let the rest be true.

Loonie can relate the story better than I.

For which I am thankful.

Loonie you should tell the story.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

This is gold.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Seems to be real.

Holy poo poo :lol:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

I have to admit, I just gloss over CIG and Wulf retorts and stuff by this point - I just don't give a poo poo anymore. But I will always enjoy Derek Smart madness to its full extent.

^ And I know for a fact the dick pics are true on multiple occasions, but like I said - someone else ITT should have the honors of posting those, if they want to.

Play fair, link them, NSFW warning the link.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I had to stop reading half-way because it is like staring in to the sun.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dusty Lens posted:

Loonie can relate the story better than I.

For which I am thankful.

Loonie you should tell the story.

I want Raskolnikov to do it TBH. She was ground zero, after all, might as well take the spotlight and not have me steal it. If not tho, I guess I'll pick my moment appropriately.

But okay, fine - her pic, not mine and I'll let her tell the full tale (it really is interesting, insofar as CIG's involvement is concerned anyway) behind it and others, if she feels like it

NSFW!!! (tho a bit dissapointing too)

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 21, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I had to stop reading half-way because it is like staring in to the sun.
It peaked at "peachfuzz" anyway.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Seems to be real.

Others seem to think that is another user and not Wulf. If that's the case and DS blasts it all over a blog finger pointing at the wrong person, it would be the first legitimate thing worth suing over in this whole ordeal! Should be interesting. Ouch, it's real. Guy needs help.

Also lol about showing a movie at headquarters. Who the gently caress cares? Taking care of your employees is part of running a business, and that includes keeping morale high. Pizza for lunch, free coffee, a projected movie night, whatever.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 21, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That Wulf autist legit sent Raskolnikov dick pics? Isn't he somehow married? :lol: This gets better and better.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Skoll posted:

That Wulf autist legit sent Raskolnikov dick pics? Isn't he somehow married? :lol: This gets better and better.

yap, he is married...and yap...it's just :suicide:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Ragequit posted:

Others seem to think that is another user and not Wulf. If that's the case and DS blasts it all over a blog finger pointing at the wrong person, it would be the first legitimate thing worth suing over in this whole ordeal! Should be interesting.

Also lol about showing a movie at headquarters. Who the gently caress cares? Taking care of your employees is part of running a business, and that includes keeping morale high. Pizza for lunch, free coffee, a projected movie night, whatever.

It's pretty impressive how wrong every part of this post is.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Raskolnikov.. Please tell us your story.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It's pretty impressive how wrong every part of this post is.

Yeah I just saw the posted picture. That unfortunately seems to be real. Dude really needs some help.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how does everything get worse every time i read this thread

there is a maximum to how bad things can be

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

They were casting a movie, it seems there are two, Sandi appears to possibly have roles in both, possibly both were meant to started shooting in August. It's odd, if it was just a normal member of staff it would be odd but you'd expect the primary business to come first but it is the bosses wife/partner, mother to his children and he used to run an "independent film development, production, finance and foreign distribution company".

All the Sandi name stuff that Derek Smart went on about seemed crazy to me, who cares if she changed her name? Who cares if she made up qualifications? The oddest thing has been how Sandi reacts to it, she's posted about 4 things on twitter directed solely at Derek Smart and thinks being involved in raising millions of dollars and saying "my name has changed a few times" on twitter is a good idea. It's now reached a stage where I think it would be interesting to know how much of a salary she's drawing as it appears she's got two film projects on the go, plus a tv series, oh and another 1 day shoot film already finished.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

They were casting a movie, it seems there are two, Sandi appears to possibly have roles in both, possibly both were meant to started shooting in August. It's odd, if it was just a normal member of staff it would be odd but you'd expect the primary business to come first but it is the bosses wife/partner, mother to his children and he used to run an "independent film development, production, finance and foreign distribution company".

Oh I thought they were just watching a movie in the office, like "Hey let's all watch Elf for the Christmas party!" That is definitely weirder.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
All this poo poo with @Accelerwraith makes me cringe at the fact that our names are even remotely similar. Guy is seriously hosed in the head, and will likely be the first one over the bridge. Biggest in terms of exposure I'd imagine, as I bet even Derek will jump all over it and throw it in everyones faces.

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen

Eonwe posted:

The validity of your statement is entirely dependent wether or not good means a raise in entropy or bad does.

DasKuend fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 21, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

There is always more and it is always worse.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

Thought the same; checked back after a few weeks and things get even more insane than I thought were imaginable. Dick pics? Nope...didn't see that one coming. I wonder what crazy surreal thing is next... I'm going to guess they're laundering money to ISIS...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

I want Raskolnikov to do it TBH. She was ground zero, after all, might as well take the spotlight and not have me steal it. If not tho, I guess I'll pick my moment appropriately.

But okay, fine - her pic, not mine and I'll let her tell the full tale (it really is interesting, insofar as CIG's involvement is concerned anyway) behind it and others, if she feels like it

NSFW!!! (tho a bit dissapointing too)

my reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_6BnIDnd4

take the fucker down!!!! see how those sensitive sallys at reddit deal with his infidelity and sexual harassment

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Thought the same; checked back after a few weeks, and things get even more insane than I thought were imaginable. Dick pics? Nope...didn't see that one coming. I wonder what's next... I'm going to guess they're laundering money to ISIS...

Umm it takes a special kind of vision and artistic insight to film all those beheading videos you know.

Chris' only complaint is the medium doesn't lend itself to multiple takes

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
nevermind, sorted.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 21, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Wulfling posted:

Biggest in terms of exposure
In so many ways.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Skoll posted:

Raskolnikov.. Please tell us your story.

I would legitimately organize the aforementioned picnic for the inside scoop on this developing story.

The Marauder fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 21, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Zeike posted:

SC is now funding B grade movies!

Sandra's plan is finally revealed!

Indeed!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:hellyeah:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

All the Sandi name stuff that Derek Smart went on about seemed crazy to me, who cares if she changed her name? Who cares if she made up qualifications? The oddest thing has been how Sandi reacts to it, she's posted about 4 things on twitter directed solely at Derek Smart and thinks being involved in raising millions of dollars and saying "my name has changed a few times" on twitter is a good idea. It's now reached a stage where I think it would be interesting to know how much of a salary she's drawing as it appears she's got two film projects on the go, plus a tv series, oh and another 1 day shoot film already finished.

Not sure if you're including this one from January in your count of tv/film projects above. But if not, it's worth mentioning, particularly for her use of "Beck Russum" anchorwoman costume. (I can only assume that actually belongs to her and isn't a prop paid for by the sperg contingent...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTK_XikCTQc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's the tv series I mentioned.

Edit to add, I don't like to get personal normally but this is the lady that said she stumbled across her old graduation photo recently, (while shaking her head in the negative) on one of the RSI interviews. She'd posted the photo on twitter clearly aimed at Mr Smart in an attempt to prove something that few cared about.

I'm no movie critic but I'd have thought being able to convincing tell one small lie without completely blowing it, would be fairly basic acting skill. Chris Roberts is far more convincing every time he says "2 weeks ...... hopefully".

AP fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 21, 2015

• Locked thread