Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yes!

Run this past legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, well I'm wearing smart hardcore. :smug:

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

I notice none of those activities you listed make money and it's all about the money. It's the look of it and the fact that the backers are finding this stuff out from Derek Smart that's going to concern. Smart is saying "bad stuff is happening, get your money out, they are lying to you, plus A, B and C are happening". CIG's response is "everything is fine", "oh yeah A is happening we just didn't tell you, it's nothing, we were going to tell you about B. C is true but just a minor thing".

They have what, 4, 5? TV shows a week and backers are reading Derek Smart for information? Not good, plus the thought if someone is leaking him stuff, why would an employee do that?

I'd be surprised if anything dodgy was going on, but it's certainly questionable as long as there's no decent gameplay and a mile long list of broken promises.

Yes, they should discuss what they do in their spare time in a random conference room in 10ftcm or ATV or RTV

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If offered the job would you be Mr Smarts sexy secretary?

Ooops Mr Smart, you dropped my pencil again!

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
What does it pay?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
All the Line Of Defence you can handle

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

motorocker posted:

What does it pay?

sexual harassment lawsuits. Against you, of course.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Octopode posted:

I wonder exactly how many additional tax benefits and credits CIG qualified for by being a film production company in LA.

Is this a defense? If so, it's pretty weak- because all they'd have had to do to make it perfectly fine with everyone would have been to tell us. But they didn't.

Time and again we've seen questions about Sandi- her relationships, her qualifications, her misuse of business resources- and every time, the accusations have proven to be true, even when they initially seemed groundless. I really don't have a dog in this fight- she wants to be a movie star, great, whatever. But that's not what CIG collected money for, even tangentially, even for tax-break purposes, and the fact that they are not out in public drawing a really clear goddamn line between what they do for work and what they do for her side project should be sending up red flags with everyone. Could it be a misunderstanding? Sure. But the stuff about her marriage and the way she got that marketing directorship wasn't. The stuff about her misrepresenting her degree wasn't. As it turns out, the stuff about her using company resources to host movie production meetings wasn't. What's it going to take to stop trusting them? Has there been a single rumor about her that wasn't confirmed?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
I leave for 2 days to catch up on some test grading and this thread loving delivered. Holy poo poo. CIG misappropriating donor money for a game to make not one but two lovely movies? Wulf Knight Esquire sending dick pics to girls on the RSI forums? Derek Smart. Derek Smart... DEREK SMART!!! Best 10 dollars I ever spent was joining this forum. I don't even read anything from CIG anymore. I just come here and let the awesome come to me.

PITT posted:

You are kidding yourself if you think someone who "puts up" with that poo poo isn't somehow actually worse than or equal to.

It's unlikely she knows or the wife is as real as Seraph's girlfriend.

EDIT-- Have we seen pictures of this "wife"?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sarsapariller posted:

Has there been a single rumor about her that wasn't confirmed?

That she and Chris Roberts aren't actually married because Chris Roberts is remains legally married to his past partner for financial reasons. Or something that equally probably isn't anyones business.

This thread is a real roller coaster.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Get to the drat dick pic story

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

"We are not using backer funds for side projects. We can't prove it, but that's that."

To be honest, nobody's business but CIG's, but that's a bed they still have to lie in.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm setting the Sandi Meltdown clock to 6 weeks from today.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I backed expecting an updated version of Wing Commander, instead I got an updated version of Ed Wood.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

jaegerx posted:

Get to the drat dick pic story

Was the dick wearing a fedora?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

Has there been a single rumor about her that wasn't confirmed?
That she knows how to play Star Citizen.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
For being unemployed, this guy is really smug for spending 20-30k on star citizen. He apparently bought the entire staff pizzas. That's like 80 people he fed. Unemployed. That's a poo poo load of credit card debt to hide.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ravane posted:

For being unemployed, this guy is really smug for spending 20-30k on star citizen. He apparently bought the entire staff pizzas. That's like 80 people he fed. Unemployed. That's a poo poo load of credit card debt to hide.

Literally buying people's pretend friendship and attention lol

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Is this a defense? If so, it's pretty weak- because all they'd have had to do to make it perfectly fine with everyone would have been to tell us. But they didn't.

Time and again we've seen questions about Sandi- her relationships, her qualifications, her misuse of business resources- and every time, the accusations have proven to be true, even when they initially seemed groundless. I really don't have a dog in this fight- she wants to be a movie star, great, whatever. But that's not what CIG collected money for, even tangentially, even for tax-break purposes, and the fact that they are not out in public drawing a really clear goddamn line between what they do for work and what they do for her side project should be sending up red flags with everyone. Could it be a misunderstanding? Sure. But the stuff about her marriage and the way she got that marketing directorship wasn't. The stuff about her misrepresenting her degree wasn't. As it turns out, the stuff about her using company resources to host movie production meetings wasn't. What's it going to take to stop trusting them? Has there been a single rumor about her that wasn't confirmed?

Yes. Smart went around the first time saying some shoot she did was on CIG's dime, when it wasn't.

The problem with the Sandi obsession is (as observed by mr darkpriest's post) that it's all speculation told as truth. You went from a, public mind you, cast picture in a conference room probably outside of business hours and went straight to "CIG is literally totally funding two movies". There's way more valid ground to sit your claim on than some woman who's title and education have less than 0 meaning, holding her terrible community theater rehearsals at CIG's offices.

Then again Dr Smart was going to be some honored speaker at some dumb gamer gate conference so maybe he does just have a problem with women.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

CrazyLoon posted:

I want Raskolnikov to do it TBH. She was ground zero, after all, might as well take the spotlight and not have me steal it. If not tho, I guess I'll pick my moment appropriately.

But okay, fine - her pic, not mine and I'll let her tell the full tale (it really is interesting, insofar as CIG's involvement is concerned anyway) behind it and others, if she feels like it

NSFW!!! (tho a bit dissapointing too)

lol

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Instant self destructs should be allowed on passenger ships because we don't know what social morals will be like in 600 years.

Edit: Allah Ackbar

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 22, 2015

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Iron Tusk posted:

Also, lol on "upcoming legal action".So he is filing it now, but he isn't and there's no lawsuit, but he's sending things to his lawyer to include in a lawsuit complaint that exists, but doesn't.

d_smart, aka the only reason LegalZoom/Avvo still is financially stable.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

God damnit. Post the Dick pic story already.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

some guy arguing for space 9/11 because ghetto booty made following this incomprehensible thread about something i dont care about worthwile

edit: yeah the dick thing is depressing. dicks are usually depressing

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 22, 2015

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Skoll posted:

Raskolnikov.. Please tell us your story.

jaegerx posted:

God damnit. Post the Dick pic story already.
I buried that crap ages ago.

Basically he got chummy with my good friend (she was new to SC with her husband) all of like 6 days later that landed in her personal inbox. Wulf had her email address since he had gifted her a Freelancer on her third day on chatroll (she should have seen it coming, a freelancer is basically a man's penis) and so that pic followed. I was furious, and said something like "You might never be punished here (by RSI) but mark my words, it will all come back to you in the end." in chatroll. Which Will Lewis and Ben Lesnick instantly took to mean that I was going to murder Wulf if I was allowed to attend Citcon so they revoked my Citcon pass and stonewalled me.

When I tried to contact Ben Lesnick about their decision I was met with "This is a matter for Lawyers." to which I replied that I love Lawyers and would be of any help I could be in resolving this misunderstanding. Eventually he said "You're leaning on this Lawyer thing pretty hard" and stopped text responses to me on Skype.

Of course I was friends with another BIG BACKER as well and due to an email I was allowed to attend despite the space lawyers. Whatever CIG is run by infants. Also he wasn't banned or anything because the offending actions happened outside of the CIG community forum / chat etc despite having logs of Wulf admitting he sent the dick pic on RSI community channels. Nope, not good enough.

Basically sexual harassment and drama handled poorly. I deleted my endless goony logs of all of it since I just don't care anymore.

In the end Karma is a bitch and Wulf is a dumpster of a human being, my friend and many other female friends who liked the idea of Star Citizen were actively chased off by the community, myself included.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 22, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Legit sorry to push you to retell that.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So what I get from that story is that everyone involved in SC is a gigantic piece of human trash

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sappo569 posted:

So what I get from that story is that everyone involved in SC is a gigantic piece of human trash

and the resulting game made by such people, is a gigantic pile of burning trash

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

So creepy gently caress is really creepy. I was hoping for more but yeah, that's still loving creepy and :lesnick: is a piece of poo poo.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

jaegerx posted:

So creepy gently caress is really creepy. I was hoping for more but yeah, that's still loving creepy and :lesnick: is a piece of poo poo.
I used to have endless logs and pics etc but I systematically deleted it all because I never really wanted to deal with this in any real way again. This way you get that TL;DR version of events that took about five weeks to play out. Never again.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

That was a sad story. gently caress SC and it's community. Ben allowing poo poo like this has made the whole project toxic.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Raskolnikov posted:

In the end Karma is a bitch and Wulf is a dumpster of a human being, my friend and many other female friends who liked the idea of Star Citizen were actively chased off by the community, myself included.

Sounds like Wulf did you guys a favor.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Sounds like Wulf did you guys a favor.
Believe me he most certainly did not.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

RescueFreak posted:

That was a sad story. gently caress SC and it's community. Ben allowing poo poo like this has made the whole project toxic.

His hand picked personal mod army ensures only the best and brightest get to stay in the community

Or the ones that spend over $20k and then are free to sexually harass others, that too

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

And here we were thinking any suicides from the games inevitable failure would be a bad thing.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
just want to remind everybody that this is an amazing thread and that I cant wait to see you all in the verse!

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Will there be a way for me send dick pics in-game? Will it be potentially affected by e-war ships??

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Blackdog420 posted:

just want to remind everybody that this is an amazing thread and that I cant wait to see you all in the verse!
Per-verse :pervert:

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

You mean, Transverse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

ugh you don't have a platinum account so i can't pm you any pics of me in my underwear! i have depression!!!

• Locked thread