Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ahdinko posted:

I'm from darrrn saawth and I sit next to a guy who was from sheffield. He goes up a couple of times a year to see family and brings me back a bottle of hendersons every time :glomp:

Oh and I put in for a refund request last week, got an email back from Sandi on Saturday night asking why, so I put the whole "youve missed all your deadlines" thing, lets see what happens.
I will put the money towards creating a hendersons relish export operation in two weeks so that all of you non-UK people may experience a better burger

There used to be a Chinese chef guy who would come over from China once a year and literally buy all the hendos because he used it in one recipie. April was always a dark, sad, relish free time in Sheffield. There's also a hilarious myth that could actually be true about Tescos trying to get the boss at Hendersons to make enough for them to stock it at stores nationwide. His reaction was "Nah, I'll have to get a bigger factory."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

EminusSleepus posted:

create a new account then just before 14 days ask for a refund then rinse and repeat.

Hi there, so what kinda ships you got ?
Im thinking of downgrading from my Constellation and Hornet to a Freelancer or something.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Zeike posted:

Hi there, so what kinda ships you got ?

from Idris+Javelin now I only have Aurora and Reliant

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Paladinus posted:

Chris Roberts hates Jews. You've heard it here first, folks.

Jews are traditionally opposed to buying imaginary spaceships.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

lauresh posted:

Jews are traditionally opposed to buying imaginary spaceships.

Liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Those are clearly real spaceships though.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Xaerael posted:

Those are clearly real spaceships though.

Their functionality is equivalent to most Star Citizen ships at the moment.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Goredema posted:

Quick report on my refund status: already received part of it, but multiple purchases using multiple payment systems = a few delays on part of the refund. Still, it's been a surprisingly fast process. I guess that concierge status finally was useful for something. :smug:

I didn't actually get (or request) a full refund, since a sizable portion of my account is full of account-bound LTI ships that were already sold on the grey market and then magically re-purchased using an ancient un-melting method that goons exploited back in the day (and as a consequence, ruined it for everyone else.) So the good news is that I'll still get to ride this atom bomb to hell as an honest-to-gosh Star sh**izen. On the off chance that this behemoth ever lurches to a successful release, I'll still have a handful of (effectively free) LTI ships to f*** around with.

I'm in the same situation - cashed out ages ago, with just a Cat still giftable that I am holding onto with the apparent delusion SC will see the light of day. Maybe I should get rid of it and push the funds into some hardware. Those "pictures" of the cat modules looked like they were drawn by a 12 year old. If that is all they have on it, I want another leak to see what they have actually been up to - preferably something other than what Manchester has worked on (since they actually seem a productive studio).

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I want to add:

1- 7 Smart is evil

Yes he is, but sometimes even jerks are right.

What has always bothered me is companies that do not cash in on dissent to fuel positive change. Power imbalances and lack of transparent separated powers really should give anyone looking into SC at this point reason to think.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Derek is love. Derek is life.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Derek loves only Derek, tho. He can't love you back.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Well, cashing out of my last ship now that I can actually get rid of - a cat.
Makes me wonder if another benefit for CIG of the gret market was to mix the ships up like crazy, since every gifted / received ship can no longer be refunded, right?
Too bad.
Nothing but benefits for them there. Handles much of the cashing out of the game for them, sets a "true" value on SC (currently 75% on a bad day for CIG) and less to come...

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

peter gabriel posted:

Not sure what you mean.
This was a couple of moths ago at a wedding

:v:

My girl is now 2 years old, but until now she only is interested in crowns... Perhaps I should try a Vader costume. :-D

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

No practice needed.

Darkpriest667 posted:

Hope your wife is recovering well!

Best wishes from Germany too. I had a surgery last year, they needed to cut out a part of my intestine. Gladly my wife helped me recover. And besides a scar everything is OK.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Aaand I'm out

CIG posted:

Thank you for your patience thus far. I am happy to confirm that I have actioned the refund via PayPal. This can take 5-10 working days for the funds to appear. Should you have any further questions or concerns let me know.

As this was a complete refund your account has been permanently de-activated. Should you wish to return in the future you can create a new account with the same details.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Karl_Ramseier posted:

My girl is now 2 years old, but until now she only is interested in crowns... Perhaps I should try a Vader costume. :-D

Do it, there's nothing funnier to me than being at a posh party or event or whatever and in the middle of it is my son dressed as Vadar because, gently caress it, that's what he wanted to wear today ha ha.

It's also surprising just what happens when you go to a game expo type thing as well, all of a sudden nowhere is off limits and everyone is super cool and friendly with you. Gotta use your kids for personal gain, that's my motto.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

peter gabriel posted:

Gotta use your kids for personal gain, that's my motto.
Seraph might want to get in touch with you. Or your children.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

No practice needed.

Maldoror posted:

Didn't Starcraft II and Diablo III have at least 4-5 years development time? They were announced after 1-2 years of inside development then released another 2-3 years later, weren't they? (The second expansion for Starcraft II isn't even out yet.)

Compare that to the scope of a game like Star Citizen and I say you're looking at at least a decade of development to implement more than 50% of it. And that's considering that you have a competent developer, compared to what increasingly seems to be being confirmed as complete incompetence from CIG.

The real funny thing about SC is, that even with 500 developers you would need 5 years min to release something that comes close to their pitch. So DS rambling about the missing dead lines is somehow amusing.
I am sure I will be playing Elite again before the PU launches.

On a side note: If you count the years Braben used to develop the engine and the time they need to implement their promises written down in their design documents they are slower than SC (and more than 10 years into development). But Frontier has competent staff and implemented efficient processes. So the meet their deadlines. They have a regular turn over and other projects in their pipeline.

Fake edit: If Braben and Roberts would have worked together I think we would already playing a real nice game...

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

No practice needed.

Starkk posted:

I'm spending some tomorrow on battletech kickstarter.

Yes, me too. How much are you going to spend?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Ah, look at me, so young. So full of original pitch that seemed manageable within 5 million. So willing to put up with shouting nerds. So eager to please by dancing around with a goddamned lamp for pledges.

And here I am now. Salty.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/2114-chris-roberts-star-citizen-on-dx12-vulkan-and-tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9_L5o4mhQ

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They also brought on some new artists.

I really don't understand why if they do in fact have a good cash reserve why they just can't say, yes we do have plenty of money.

Roberts looks like he's hopped up on painkillers or something.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Ah, look at me, so young. So full of original pitch that seemed manageable within 5 million. So willing to put up with shouting nerds. So eager to please by dancing around with a goddamned lamp for pledges.

And here I am now. Salty.

I hadn't really watched any of that stream before, skipped through some of it today.

Best bit is the reference to two years at the end ... of the stream ... in 2012

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

I really don't understand why if they do in fact have a good cash reserve why they just can't say, yes we do have plenty of money.

If that's true they might be saving it for Citizen Con, as that's when they will get peak exposure and the fans will be all happy and receptive because of the new shiny SQ42 video.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Welmu posted:

Seraph might want to get in touch with you. Or your children.

Ugggggh :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Tusk posted:

And dodge all this free publicity? Are you insane? :v:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chris Roberts interview with Gamer Nexus goes live about how he's doing revolutionary work on the characters and they are "more material" based and how this is great and a step in front of what anyone else is doing. Seems like a response to the "suicide in a bottle" letter.

Meanwhile Sandi Gardiner is interviewing, retrospectively, for the VP of marketing role at CIG and her interviewer is Derek Smart

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

On a side note: If you count the years Braben used to develop the engine and the time they need to implement their promises written down in their design documents they are slower than SC (and more than 10 years into development)
On a side a side note to your side note: this was trotted out constantly by desperately insecure SC fanboys back in the day, that doesn't make it even remotely true.

If you'd like to talk more about this, Elite has its own set of threads which you'd be more than welcome to join.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Chris Roberts interview with Gamer Nexus goes live about how he's doing revolutionary work on the characters and they are "more material" based and how this is great and a step in front of what anyone else is doing. Seems like a response to the "suicide in a bottle" letter.

Meanwhile Sandi Gardiner is interviewing, retrospectively, for the VP of marketing role at CIG and her interviewer is Derek Smart

Specifically mentions The Order as well.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ich bin ein Sternbürger.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
私は星人です。

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
And people continue to learn why I say "Don't gently caress with Sandi."

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

AP posted:

Uni SA business degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

The school has improved over the years but when Sandi was in school back in 1851 they gave basically anyone who paid their fees a degree.

lauresh fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 29, 2015

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Amun Khonsu posted:

They pandered to "Black Widow Company" with a false sense of patriotism, and in doing so looked like fools with the Veterans Day sale, which the proceeds raised from MANY other countries went to give "American" veterans free video games. Never mind the veterans of the many other countries the community represents and who wanted to buy the limited items. So, yeah, I can see how ppl would be upset about the perception that CIG is an "MURCIAN company, even though it is not. It does have offices in a few of the countries from where upset backers came from, like Germany and the UK.

So? Supply drop does provide video games to veterans who are hospitalized, but the Honor Flights have nothing to do with video games.

I'm sure CIG would be happy to provide some kind of upgrade to support your German WWII veteran's charity.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

lauresh posted:

Uni SA business degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
But she was in the top 15/15 percent!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

私は星人です。

So how's the weather out there?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Letting Derek Smart pull your strings doesn't seem that clever to me, it appears to me that he's really getting to her, either there's something wrong with the game progress and the funds or there isn't (aside from massive delays). It's that simple and from a backer point of view, Sandi's qualifications or lack of them will only possibly be relevant after the dust settles.

Posting poo poo on twitter is just doing the same thing Smart is, I'd rather know how much money is left than read Sandi's CV.

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

But she was in the top 15/15 percent!

:hfive:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

It's amazing how easily Smart has manipulated her into responding like this. Sure she'll get platitudes from slavering fans like Wulf, but anyone looking into this from the outside is only going to see the head of marketing for a multi-million dollar company feeling sufficiently threatened that she has to respond to a troll. Same goes for proudly tweeting about how she's answering CS tickets days after culling the few remaining professionals from her staff. It sounds impressive until you realize that she's doing it because the CS staff is overloaded and there's nobody else left to do it. That's not good.

Bootcha posted:

So far the only lesson I've learned is that she'll shoot herself in the foot when threatened.

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's amazing how easily Smart has manipulated her into responding like this. Sure she'll get platitudes from slavering fans like Wulf, but anyone looking into this from the outside is only going to see the head of marketing for a multi-million dollar company feeling sufficiently threatened that she has to respond to a minor infraction. Same goes for proudly tweeting about how she's answering CS tickets days after culling the few remaining professionals from her staff.

No, didn't you hear her? She totally just randomly found them when cleaning up. It wasn't planned at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
She has time to tidy up at this time of day? I thought she was a super busy marketing pro at CIG?

Also "Sandi is fluent in German and Japanese" but she says her "German needs fan help"?

Questions over questions...

• Locked thread