Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Eonwe makes the best threads :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
There's no way S42 won't be less than $70 at release.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

With a great OP comes great responsibility. You wanted the job, you gotta do the work.

Someone should change it for him, and introduce a bunch of minor edits that make things worse.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

xanif posted:

Did he :10bux: to give that guy a hernia avatar or does someone legit have that?

Either serpah, he seems to be pissing off everyone with his communist bullshit.

It's okay, he almost broke even buying a destroyer, so he's not in the hole for more than a few hundred bucks at most.

If MLK were alive today, he'd totally be the proud owner of an Idris.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

A cool and good idea to post here. That way, when you're banned, you don't have to keep getting owned in the bitcoin thread anymore.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wulfling posted:

Are you going to be figuring ship prices based off the $3.99 Big Mac, or the $.99 Big Mac?

Where can I get $0.99 Big Macs? :stare:

Asking for a friend.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

Thread owned

Still I don't personally shitpost for long periods because, as we saw, those people that keep it up remain in the thread only as long as a mod thinks they are funny or can't be bothered

Not a lot of things you can keep going for more than a couple days before mods get sick of clicking 'ignore' on reports

3 posted:

That is a commendably zen attitude.

xanif posted:

Because Eowne's the shitposter SA deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a shitposting guardian. A watchful protector. A Pink Elephant.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

A universe where they get to be roleplay people whose grandparents weren't nazis, of course they're devout cultists for the Christ Roberts.

Also rofling at this post: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5426756/#Comment_5426756

Yes, that is indeed a hilarious post.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

This is my conclusion as well. More idealistic naivete than anything else. Remember CR hasn't worked in the games industry for years, he's an out of touch celebrity project leader that reminds me very much of Bojack Horseman.

Thank gently caress they've got an actual serious professional leading the Austin PU team in the form of Tony Zurovic. If he drops out of the project before launch, it's a sure sign of the end times for CIG.

Didn't you spend $2,500 USD on a picture of a Javelin destroyer?

But please, tell us more about how you actually think the game will fail.

:allears:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

Why, you jelly?

I'm so, so "jelly"

That's sarcasm, since you seem like kind of an idiot

Edit: added a link to the definition. Every little bit helps.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

Thanks, it was a gift from one of my disciples over at yospos

Keep rolling with those punches I guess.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

These posts made within 3 days of each other. Madness.

You bought a picture of an Internet spaceship for $2,500 USD.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

Except I don't need to take any time off, because money talks and bullshit walks.

Something something star citizen something burgers something fat people

How much have you spent on avatars, represented as a fraction of what you spent on a picture of a Javelin destroyer?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

I've been a sinner my whole life, you think I'm going to stop for some fat internet spaceship nerds?

Why the name-calling? Are you feeling guilty about your purchase of a picture of an Internet spaceship for 20,408.16 bananas?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Plus the guy that dropped $2,500 on his spaceship is alienating everyone that he's going to need to help him actually crew the thing.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

You shut your dirty mouth. Blue Belle is frozen nectar of the gods and cures cancer.

It just sometimes happens to come with listeria.

You can't even spell it correctly. :rolleyes:

Heathen.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

lol Eonwe drat, I knew you liked your av which is the reason I hosed with it in the first place but drat, I didn't know you felt THIS strongly about it?

Quit pretending you didn't buy that for yourself.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

Best post ITT, ditto.

You spent two thousand five hundred dollars on a picture of a destroyer.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

That's incorrect. Prior to the purchase I offloaded about a dozen LTI ships via reddit trading post at considerable markup. I spent less than $400 of my own money on the destroyer.

You had n dollars. You bought a jpeg. You then had n-2500 dollars.

You spent two and a half grand on a picture of an Internet spaceship. Why do you want the game to fail?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jst0rm posted:

this is horrible.

This si star citizen you boob:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Not quite.

Tulips actually exist.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

kloa posted:

So instead of $2500, you've spent $5000

:thumbsup:

No, it's okay, it was worthless paper, not valuable butt rupees.

This is sarcasm, surf86, since you're in serious need of a clue.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Prawned posted:

Nobody believes you have any friends.

Dorkpriest is his friend.

I imagine it's because he teaches at a middle school.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Darkpriest667 posted:

I teach AP economics
nope.
:perfect:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Dude I'm just your parachute account, but seriously- nobody here is bothered by the content of your posts. The avatar-buying is moderately entertaining only because you are spending real money to make some sort of crazy internet sperglord point, and people want to see how much you are willing to drop. The constant self-aggrandizing bullshit posts have not upset anyone- the people responding to you are tweaking you because baiting idiots into spouting crazy bullshit is what made this website great.

Your arguments are so laughably poorly constructed that most people here thought you were a fake shitposter until they saw your history. I still think you're a fake shitposter, just doing a commendably long con, because there is no way that anyone reaches adulthood and still believes half of the poo poo you profess about society, economics, morality, and life in general. On a thread about fake spaceships in a forum for video games, no less.

Your very presence here invalidates any "I am a smart and important person" defense. Your words invalidate any claim to intelligence. Your e-spending habits invalidate any pretense that you know what the gently caress you're doing with money. You have nothing. You are nothing. Embrace it. Cease to be.

Close the forums. We're done here.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

That'll be 400 bitcoins please.

You should ask for compensation in something that has value.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Fake. Seraph84 isn't rolling around in it, eating it with his bare hands while his lord and savior Jesus Roberts looms over him, clapping like Citizen Kane.

That's DLC.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

I have to admit, it's cute watching all the non-factor posters pile onto the back of the one decent (albeit high-effort) burn any of you has managed to come up with in 54 pages. Well done Sarsapariller, you've earned your avatar this day.

Hey, Sarsa, just let Skewered88 know that you're above the age of consent and he'll lose interest.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

You're grossly underestimating how much fun I'm having. I know you're suffering inside, I know sometimes the pain of your existential crisis feels unbearable, and life feels meaningless for you in those moments. I want you to know that we're all suffering, it's not just you. And meaning can only be found in our sharing of this pain together, in our empathy for one another.

Just gonna leave this here

1-800-273-8255

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

16,059 Pedestrians and Cyclists were Injured by car crashes in NYC in 2013. 178 were killed in traffic. I was loving beaming.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

You're overlooking the crucial question:

Why should anyone here care?

Because he's going to keep buying himself avatars until he gets banned, then proceed to buying them for everyone else.

So, no reason.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

i wonder how long until cowcaster permas him

Hopefully not long. Then we have to look forward to the mass wave of indecipherable avatars inscribed with meaningless drivel.

But not as many, since buttcoins don't go as far as they used to.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

myschef posted:

So how does getting a new av from seraph work? I want one but I don't understand the formula for butthurt that mentally ill people use when they don't take their meds.

If you have to ask for one, you'll never get it. He's like Santa Claus. He knows, man.

He just knows.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

he watches children sleep?

:vince:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

A year or so ago someone asked on the brown sea when the game was scheduled for release. I told them 2017 at the earliest.

I was probated a week for trolling.

Telling the truth there is trolling.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I thought you taught AP Macro?

Psyche.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Blister posted:

substitute teachers get to teach lots of classes

So he's a temp.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

Hey, you guys wanna see me break Shankerz's fragile Kinsey-2 psyche? Read on.

TIA, and I'm a Silverback gorilla. Step lightly.

I don't think you "get" this place yet.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

You misunderstand the situation.

It's a different place now.

I don't know what this means. I don't really care.

On a side note, I like how you edited out your weird-rear end pics from the YLLS thread, but didn't realize that people had quoted them, leaving the originals intact. You have no idea how anything works anywhere, apparently.

And grats on buying yourself a new avatar, I guess.

Edit:

Seraph84 posted:

Exhibit A:
Fascist abusing the noble image of Picard.

You sir are an rear end in a top hat. Type it out next time, face palm.

Slowly becoming aatrek, I see

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

It wouldn't be a Stuffit95 post without at least three edits, one made three days after the fact. Maybe his Preview Reply button is broken? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

never post

• Locked thread