Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Its hosed up people keep donating to this game that will literally never come out.

If they don't KEEP donating then it won't come out. You must donate! Or your previous donations will be wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I am now picturing Chris Roberts screaming at Lando and Lando is screaming at a german who is sitting a few inches away, frantically trying to press the right key.

This is probably how the game is being developed.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Iron Tusk posted:

/r/atheism and D&D formed a gestalt intelligence which congealed into human form. The new creation's first act as a sentient being was to start posting here.

They were probably lying in the presentation.

I wonder if this will give us the ability to infiltrate, then thieve and run.

Yes but if they purchase renters insurance with RL money they will be protected. Buy an org armory and barracks module now for $2k and it comes with lifetime renters insurance.

Goonsurance Policy.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

CashEnsign posted:

Hey guys they are stealin' our money.

Wow someone with a few working brain cells

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

I imagine the next great re-design will be figuring out how to make one rectangle fit as many ships as possible. Cutlass rectangles fitting inside of Caterpillars and so on.

If there was only some way to make rectangles standardized. Chris Roberts needs to invent a new shape to tackle this problem without cheating.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Don't fix the images. Star Citizen has the OP it deserves.

However if we get $50,000.00 USD in funding we can have a stretch goal for fixing the op with next-gen images.

I am now announcing a new ship concept sale! The OSC Intersteller Mobile WNR, a limited time ship with a very special and exciting role to be announced in the future! Get your own Mobile WNR while you can, these will never be available ever again when this sale is concluded. Ever.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

thatguy posted:

This needs to be in the OP:

Needs to be combined with

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
If you do convert the ship prices to Big Macs I insist that you go all the way. One Big Mac icon for each bigmac that the ship would cost.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

thatguy posted:

An Idris-M with LTI monetarily represented using Big Macs:

Roughly equal to half a typical :lesnick: meal.

You are doing god's work.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Turkey doesn't belong in a burger. Trying to burg a turkey just makes a mockery of turkey and a mockery of burgers.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

This burger can be yours for only a $250 pledge level with LTI.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
There is a tv show cooking competition about making the best burger. You should watch it. It is delicious. The Next Great Burger on the Food Network.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
A burger like that, after the initial sale and it is no longer available? You could probably flip it for like $600.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It's not a purchase. It's an investment.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It is a sign that he is a liar or that he is a bad project manager. Or more likely he is both.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Will I be able to take my avatar's boots off and zoom in on my feet as they manipulate the floor pedals?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Don't do it man.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I too maintain a high-spec pc to play a game that doesn't exist.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

CR keeps asking a man named "Jared" to change the camera but Jared keeps getting confused by Chris's commands.

Jared wasn't in charge of the cameras. Some german guy was. How do you say F in german?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Manley is a goon.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Wing Commander just came on cable. I am watching it now.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It is a thing of beauty.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Not gonna lie those are some pretty good looking level assets.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
For me to dance in.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Waiting for them to announce the Space News profession, where you progress through stations and capital ships playing a dancing rhrythm game so you can dance enemies into submission in pursuit of the hot story.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Star Citizen isn't going to just revitalize the pc gaming industry, it is also going to revitalize space exploration and the global economy.

You'd be a fool not to pledge your entire life savings into it.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Truga posted:

Media outlets have been calling CIG out for a long time now, why are DS shitposts different? If poo poo didn't change then, it sure won't change now.

Who pays any attention to gaming media?

What I want to know is if it is possible to induce G-Forces in the social module.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Chili Fuckers?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
What will happen first? Will you find Lex Luthor's shoulder in your shag carpet or will Star Citizen come out?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
He might tell something more closely resembling the truth after he's milked more people out of some sweet, sweet cash.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
The only truth we can expect to hear from Chris Roberts is when there will be a new sale of a non-existent spaceship.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

CashEnsign posted:

Let's play guess the poster:

Edit backstory: Chris blew an idea out his rear end about having in-game VOIP and then letting players "hack" into other players communications. So the "Chris never says anything that is wrong" demographic are shooting out wild ideas of how this would work and how to force players to use the in-game VOIP.

Such penalties for out of game systems include:
- packet loss for game if it detects a 3rd party VOIP running
- "somehow" restricting mission critical data like coordinates and passwords to in game VOIP only
- being a pain in the rear end to switch to your 3rd party program because of some scrambler
- uh things

I too want a game that will introduce LAG if it detects other applications running or installed on my computer.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
How about if you were trying to hack into their in-game VOIP and it detected a 3rd party communications app like Ventrillo, Mumble or Skype running on the target's computer it would delete their hard drive? Owned, cheating bitches.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
But not before sending out advertisements to everyone on your contact list telling them to invest in more internet spaceships.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

What's the deal with Star Citizen anyway?

It's a hell of a deal. Spaceships are on sale, son. You better get em before they run out.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
But can I be a pet to someone else? That would be purrrrrrfect.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Goredema posted:

It's not that weird, although I agree that it's bad timing on CIG's part. I used to work at a game company, and after work hours the office was used for all sorts of extra-curricular stuff: D&D groups, movie nights, LARPs, networked death match, etc. It was considered a perk of employment to be able to "borrow" a conference room for your personal hobby after work was done.

You are a monster and I hope the FTC Derek Smart destroys your life.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Iron Tusk posted:

It's the same where I work. Various people host various events that have nothing to do with our line of business regularly. Be it charity group meetings or professional societies. As long as it's not interfering with business, people can use the conference rooms for whatever.

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is, as long as it's not happening during normal company hours when she would be expected to be doing CIG related work (even tho she is probably on salary) and they aren't funding the movies using company spaceship moneys.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Imagine if Daikatana had gotten this much scrutiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I recall reading or inferring that the cameras are actually parented to the eye bones in the model. That would possibly be good for occulus since it would give the proper left-right offset and would also mean that whatever the model is looking at the player is also looking at, but it also means that the camera would pick up every motion of the head/body which is what is causing that jerkiness and bobbing in the videos.

I am guessing that they are trying to limit that motion by clamping and smoothing it out but that's still just putting a bandage on a fundamentally flawed solution.

• Locked thread