Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Furism posted:

Just back from vacation and don't want to parse through 36 pages of shitposting so could anybody tell me what is the tl;dr about the HOTAS stuff they've shown at Gamescon?

Overpriced, modular, low quality crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Skoll posted:

It just astounds me more and more that this is reality and not some awful dream where people have given this clusterfuck over $80 million USD.

Forget it, Jake. It's Star Citizen.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

If they did get sued, they would sell a jpg of the Battlecruiser 5000 with double secret LTI and special edition legal defense shield module.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I watched Titan A.E. the other night.

Pretty good for a kids movie.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Friendly Tumour posted:

I do. I like to think all my friends are mosnters

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a J4G. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was a pubbie... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went onto the forum to post some cat pictures. We left the forum after having some laughs, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and banned everyone who had posted. There was red text. A whole thread. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained goons. These men who posted with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten organizations of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to post without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Any beverage recommendations to go with that?

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

someone gave them two thousand dollars to go and watch powerpoint presentations about imaginary spaceships.

At least they didn't waste money on this.

http://www.crowdsourcing.org/blog/deloria-space-pirate-2014-pinup-calender-campaign-indiegogo-crowdfunding-campaign/28071

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Lemon King posted:

Wingmate - sounds like Birdsex. :wingmate:

It has been a challenging mating season for Wingmate.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I like space games.

Fans of space games, not so much.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQldSi-heE

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Dude needs to cheer up, even with a jaunty beat starting the song he sounds very depressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4AmH35png

Better?

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

90 Million Stretch Goal: Add Star Citizen to DSM-5

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

At least the movies Chris makes get released.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I backed expecting an updated version of Wing Commander, instead I got an updated version of Ed Wood.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

jaegerx posted:

Get to the drat dick pic story

Was the dick wearing a fedora?

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

That was a sad story. gently caress SC and it's community. Ben allowing poo poo like this has made the whole project toxic.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Six months before it gets announced that EA has purchased the rights and assets? At some point citizens will be begging for an evil publisher to save their dream.

I could see Derek Smart turning this into a book and then selling the film rights to HBO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0WdJx-Wkw

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Freespace is better than Wing Commander.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

It's a safe bet someone in the SC community has a metric ton of hot dogs they'd be willing to exchange.

You could try Wulf, he would send you some meat but you have to be female.

Edit: drat it Goredema :argh:

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

PITT posted:

Chris REALLY likes to animate his hands during those 10ftc to a point where its kind of like WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!

Made me think of venture bros though, which is always welcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLaLv1jOPIA

It reminded me of Star Wars The Old Republic NPCs who have like three canned animations they run through. Pretty distracting once you notice it.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

If you just dropped $40 on it and check in every six months or so, this would seem like an OK game.

The higher your monetary/ mental investment, the worse it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Waiting for a reply to my request. I have a space whale account so not sure if that will help or hurt the response time.

• Locked thread