Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I consider myself to be pro-turkeybuger. However I will be the first to admit that beef burgers taste way better. Just the turkey ones are healthier and cheaper so I can afford to eat them more often.

Stop oppressing us veggie-burgerkin, you close-minded carnivore scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

The Saddest Robot posted:

This burger can be yours for only a $250 pledge level with LTI.

If I could wreck that burger every day and get it replaced for free forever, I'd totally buy it. No lie; no shame.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

AP posted:

On top of that the ship director or whatever :lesnick:'s title is now is not interested in PVP

Chris or whoever is calling the shots has done a pretty big job of shuffling Ben around inside the company when he fucks something up. I figure that will continue, and I don't realistically think he has any true sway over balance/design.

AP posted:

and neither is anyone else in the community support team.

Because what they think/care about totally matters and they definitely have control over design and balance as community support employees right? Next, we'll be up in arms that CIG's cleaning staff don't think the game should have a multiplayer component.

Gerbil_Pen posted:

CR seems to always favor pvp.

This is all that loving matters. If we have seen anything so far, it is that every aspect of the game is Chris' way or the highway.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

My avatar from Shankerz is still my favorite.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Gerbil_Pen posted:

homemade burgers and dogs are better than anything you can buy. Stop being lazy.

This is true, but if you put value on your free time, it is hard to beat the Costco Polish sausage.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Octopode posted:

It doesn't matter since it's all dirty, useless fiat currency anyways. Might as well spend it all now before it becomes obsolete due to rampant hyperinflation caused by the Christian conspiracy.

Don't worry, I converted all mine to canned food and buried about five tons of them in my back yard months ago. Selling internet spaceships on the side is like daytrading - a hobby that you can laugh about when you make (or lose) boatloads of money on it.

Does anyone want to buy some chicken and stars soup?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

So is it safe to download the demo? Last I heard it was corrupting accounts and CIG's solution was to make new ones.

The current fix is to sell your account on the black market.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

thatguy posted:

I'll not post for money.

I'll also post for money.

Please give me money.

Do you accept canned goods as payment?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Seraph84 posted:

I almost forgot, there's a sixth criterion for alphagoon status here in the Star Citizen thread. It's one that most of the evegoons will forever hopelessly fail at: twitch skill.

Please refer to my Alphagoon Assertion Post, now with links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZMbs5PC64

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Waringpro posted:

This sound like a job for the Burger Pie.

Looks like I am doing some baking this week.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Vice admiral that's only like 500$ that's nothing in SC terms.

You could say he is a non-factor wageslave plebescrub, no?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

KakerMix posted:

And sunk costs of time, energy, and pride.

I find it funny that neither of you bothered mentioning the money at this point.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Wow gently caress this cock-sucking loving piece of poo poo social module, it can choke on a diseased dick. I have not been able to connect even once, and it has given me 3 complete system shutdowns in the 5 times I've tried to run it since it's release. I get maybe 10 fps TOPS on low quality on a fairly high-end system, and the game insists on running in a loving tiny window with my desktop loving showing while claiming it's running in full screen. Don't know why I have wasted my time and money on this third rate horse poo poo.

Are you playing on a "fairly high-end" tablet or something? My midrange system from 2011 doesn't have any of the problems you described and runs it at about 25-30 FPS on medium.

If it makes you feel any better, you aren't missing much at the moment.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

I'd buy that book if Tom Clancy wrote it.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Those sound effects are really excellent.

I'd say they are quite sound.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Loxbourne posted:

What on earth is this referring to? A macabre easter egg in the social module?

Yes, there is a severed alien head on display on the countertop in the gun store. For reasons.

There was a cry-thread about it on the brown sea a while back - lots of alien-kin got their feels hurt.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What's space court for Kimsemus

An annual event held here.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Loxbourne posted:

Oh this I have to see. Got a link?

I couldn't find the one I remember (probably deleted by the brown sea SS, but you're welcome to keep looking), but I did turn up one gem during my search:

quote:

Ben is trying to get it written in the lore that the Vanduul taste like Bacon.

I mean, of course he would.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

I am pleased by this turn of events.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

I'm glad I never paid to remove ads.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

thatguy posted:

Me getting banned was an inside job.

They were just waiting for you to let your guard down after 9/11.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

im pretty sure your name is Paladinus not Paladunus.

Shh that is supposed to be a secret just like Star Citizen.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

There was a pretty good video someone made featuring her talking about some brown sea forum war a while back. Anyone have it?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Zeike posted:

A while back a spergy goon made her the face of Goonrathi, did some real spergy photoshop work if you can find it.

Yes that's the one.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Iron Tusk posted:

CCU from any ship to any other ship.

Now now, let's not be too hasty. I'm not sure we should put so much pressure on their web dev team. Baby steps and all that.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Warcabbit posted:

Well, we knew that was coming, in theory, but they gave a time frame?

2 weeks

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Maybe they will ban using telephones to call your friends up also. After all, not forcing people to use space phones which cannot call outside of the current star system breaks m'immersion.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

PITT posted:

I like how he calls her Sandra, he got the inside scoop.

That bitch was hiding behind an alias, didn't know who shes dealing with. :dukedog:

I tried to think of some clever private investigator title for Dr Smart, but every one of them I came up with made him sound like a pretentious douchebag. Oh well.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Octopode posted:

Agile development is good

Do people out there still actually believe this?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

i hope whoever this person is whos getting all of seraphs money to make dumb images keeps getting paid

its starting to convince me, maybe it really is seraphs SO

More likely he paid for "the girlfriend experience" and just took a ton of pictures, all so that he could impress his internet spacefriends.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

redwalrus posted:

How can they call it Around the Verse when 61 episodes in they haven't flown a spaceship yet?

this joke is so funny i have never heard it before

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

I know that someone, somewhere, can make something great out of this. I'm thinking Wulf Knight vs Dr. Smart double KO Street Fighter gif, maybe?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

I'm going to be perfectly honest, that "Batgrill" thing scares me.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

So trans people scare you? When is "The Marauder/Shankerz BBQ" where you all get together and hate on minorities? Am I invited?

You are a strange individual with questionable comprehension skills, but that's okay. If you want a BBQ invitation, I'm sure someone else can help you with that.

Skoll posted:

Go bring your moral crusade elsewhere.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

So since this isn't about the trans person and about the "Batgirl" act, I have to ask, does she dress up in a cape and a hood? I've never watched more than 5 minutes of any of it.

Maybe if you did, you would understand that this has nothing to do with his/her/whatever gender identity.

When is the next avatar update, Seraph? I'm waiting.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

Why the hell would I do that? I don't hate myself.

drat, my cunning plan almost worked. GG

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Seriously though, you shouldn't jump to conclusions about internet spacefriends, that is rude and everyone left in this thread is a perfectly nice person I wouldn't mind grabbing a beer with I think.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

Raskolnikov.. Please tell us your story.

I would legitimately organize the aforementioned picnic for the inside scoop on this developing story.

The Marauder fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 21, 2015

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

G0RF posted:

Indeed!

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

When did this thread become the place where the armchair lawyers come to get their daily coke fix? :yikes:

• Locked thread