Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This game is never coming out.

STARFLEET DENTAL BEST DENTAL

CLAM DOWN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjj4e1VRfc

Starfleet Dental is here and Dear Leader leads us unto the Abyss!

:siren: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SFD :siren:

Forums (to join up): http://www.starfleetdental.com/GW2/Forums/
SA Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543904
:siren: Star Citizen Org Page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SFD :siren:

Chris Roberts The Creator Blesses Us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpNpBDOMaM

And Dear Leader Himself brings us advice on the dangers of spaceship addiction!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZHElERa0JA

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Troll Bridgington posted:

Eonwe is cool and good

Not emptyquoting.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Blazing Zero posted:

help me decide: mortgage payment or the latest LTI ship

Houses fall down. Lifetime Insurance is FOREVER.

Or one lifetime of your character. CIG never specified.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

ok I added a line to the top of the OP

namaste

Nobody will read it. Your efforts are wasted.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

As forum moderator who takes their responsibilities very seriously I refuse to gather any appropriate context or information about this Star Citizen poo poo but my gut feeling is telling me to ban SC Druggie and Seraph84 repeatedly

As someone who has read every post regarding Star Citizen I assure you that your gut feeling is indeed correct.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This thread is already worth it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cpt Underpants posted:

Finally got to watch the Gamescon presentation. I'm timezonally challenged and was busy this weekend, plus who can take more than a few minutes at a time of this drivel?

Time for some RealTalk™. Star Citizen, at its current finance level can not deliver. I actually agree with Doctor Derek Smart here that SC as promised is at least a 150m game. Having said that, what I've seen in the presentation has given me the slightest glimmer of hope it will actually come out at some point and an inkling of positivity towards the project.

My biggest complaint at this stage is that they're doing the smart business thing. They're holding poo poo back for a polished marketing release rather than keeping backers up to date as promised. That alone may actually mean they get to the revenue target to get the game out the door.

I deeply regret how much money I've put into this game, I'm currently at a net spend of about $150 from an original outlay of nearly $700. If I had my time over without knowing about the grey market, I would have bought in at $35, sold that for $100 and bought another $35 non-LTI package. Needless to say, I'm very unlikely to put in another cent to this project unless I can be guaranteed to make money from it.

The Star Citizen community has some of the biggest shitlords I've ever encountered in any community in the >25 years I've been on the internet. It also has some extremely chillbros who almost make up for it.

If this game delivers as promised, teamwork is going to be OP as gently caress. Find a group which gets along with each other. I don't care if that is Goonrathi, Starfleet Dental or even TEST. If they work well as a group they'll have a huge domination in the game.

Tears: Guaranteed. Either the game will die in a fire fuelled by the tragedy of a million space nerds ~OR~ it will be so dependent on teamwork so badly that solo players will be a :qq: waiting to happen.

I agree on everything. Personally what I saw of the social module made me think it's going to be boring and tedious, essentially Mass Effect with random encounters and running from store to store getting whatever supplies I need before taking off again. The idea of "randomly" getting mugged in the same alley over and over again just seems stupid. The FPS feels generic and derivative. But the core gameplay, multi-JARED!-crew, looks like it could be amazi-JARED? RED ONE! JARED!-ng. And as you say working together with friends is going to be hilariously OP.

Also there's an interesting post from the Brown Sea from someone who talked to Jared about changes to mechanics. Most notably is the notion that the variant system is "obsolete" and they'll be fully embracing Retaliator-style modularity, up to and including swapping external modules so you could theoretically have the head of a Aquila and the tail of a Taurus.

quote:

Alright so, I talked to @DiscoLando-CIG at gamescom booth Saturday.
(Hi Disco, I'm the annoying bearded French guy. It was cool to speak with you)

He talked about a few interesting stories, but I specifically asked about the Cutlass.
I'll try not to forget anything, but don't quote me on this it's all not-so-fresh memory in a foreign language.

He couldn't tell if the global maximum speed would be implemented as it was a design question.

He also agreed that ship should still match their original role.

Before going into the Cutlass part, I need to talk about modularity and the Constellation example he used.
He said the ship would be segmented in several part (e.g: cockpit, middle, cargo bay, engine. Or something similar). Each of those part will have hardpoints tied to them and you'd be able to mix them up.
For example if you want the Aquila cockpit attached to your Andromeda you can and it will have the Aquila hardpoints. He also cited a component with bigger engine that would allow to go faster but with other drawbacks.

So first I asked him about the thread being ignored and that it was maybe the biggest issue with the Cutlass debacle.
He didn't acknowledge that we were being ignored and seemed to consider that the few comments we got from RtV was enough communication. I don't agree with this but I won't blame him either.

He confirmed that it was the old model in the demo and more importantly, explained a little why it was used that way when I told him Cutlass owners were disheartened by such representation.
Thing is they needed a ship to transport troops and do the whole EVA boarding and the Cutlass is the only one that had the size and was ready for that usage. Basically, they only have 3 multi-crew ships flyable at the moment and the Retaliator and Constellation already had their roles planned.

Last but not least, he said that they couldn't really talk about the rework until it was finished. He said that the variants were an obsolete system and that everything would be modular. That we would be able to mix and match the different components and that yes, if we wanted one we'd be able to make a fast and agile Cutlass or other examples.
(I can't for the live of me remember the other ones. I kinda blanked when he cited this one. Maybe Stealth and Dropship, I don't know)

Anyway. I'd really wait for the rework release before melting/CCUing a Cutlass.
I'm still not convinced it will be what we hoped for, but it might be a worthwhile ship to keep.
If only they would give us some information / direction on that drat rework.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Octopode posted:

I'm not sure that system is going to apply to all ships with variants. It sounds more like that is the planned system for those ships that are designed to be modular, like the redesigned Cutlass, Constellation, and the Retaliator (and likely those going forward), but not necessarily like it will be implemented for all the older ships with unique-hull variants like the 300 series or the Aurora that aren't necessarily slated for modular conversion.

Well it's information relayed from a member of the ALWAYS RELIABLE AND NEVER WRONG CIG Community staff so I would take it with a pillar of salt, especially since the last Jump Point also flat out said that all variants would have unique hulls (and even went so far as to call out the Aurora CL, which as far as I can tell is a loving Aurora with a big box under it). The original Aurora commercial actually had a fantastic vision for modularity that hopefully we'll see more of, down to having an Aurora LN with luxury seats in it.

Personally I think variants are stupid and modularity makes a lot more sense. If I want a Freelancer MIS with Freelancer MAX engines then I should be able to pay for it. Same with a Constellation Aquila with a Taurus cargo bay and manned top and bottom turrets, or a 325a mated to a 350r engine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Variants not being some kind of fixed tier thing is good. Though I really doubt that CIG will push their primary milking mechanism for wringing a few more dollars out of people who've bought ships that are suddenly terrible without a second infusion of cash off a cliff while their income to outgo disparity is so high this far away from release.

Modularity is the new milking mechanism. Selling a base Retaliator for $150 opens up the market for folks who dropped $110 and want something bigger, and then it's easier to justify dropping $25 or so for a cargo pod. Now extend that to all of the other platforms and you can see how things would work. For example let's say the Cutlass somehow manages to not suck. I might own a Black for $110, but I might be willing to drop an extra $5 for the Red cockpit and maybe another $40 for souped up engines. At this point most backers will likely melt and convert stuff, but you're still going to capture people dropping an extra $5 here and there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So what happened to the old thread? There was 30 pages of posts in 2 days and then this.

Eonwe asked nicely.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

I feel like the real next cashcow is going to be hangar modularity around when the social module comes out. Org armory. Org fuel depo. Org rooms. Org orgy salon.

All of the things that you'll want to have on hand so you don't have to ever go outside.

Exactly. And the real spenders will want to make sure they have all of that for their own personal use. gently caress having friends.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

does someone want to take the OP of the old thread and remove the timg tags for me and PM it to me

im at work so otherwise it wont happen for like 8 more hours

With a great OP comes great responsibility. You wanted the job, you gotta do the work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gerbil_Pen posted:

I think the Avenger was the smallest ship with internal modularity slated for it. The hornet has all external mods.

That makes sense. The Aurora, M50, Gladius, and 300i are all too compact to get any kind of modular system. The Mustang might end up with something where the cargo pod is (currently it can be a racer, camper, cargo, or gunboat) but they might just keep it as variants. As you say the Hornet's modularity is all external and is already well established. The Reliant is another question mark.

I could see the cargo pod in the Aurora being exchangeable for a mission-specific toolbox. Like a salvage or mining module.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

OK OP is fixed as I think I can bother to fix

Your OP is better than mine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nazdUKcv8MU

CR demos the social module and then goes postal. Does a great job of showing how ridiculously weak the guns are in this supposedly lethal tactical FPS.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SelenicMartian posted:

Will there be sex griefing?

There's another kind of sex?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Five Guys is loving elite tier. Fries are sufficient, although I would rather get less fries if they were better quality.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Every time I hear "HULLO!" I feel a little better about the world.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

im glad of everything that has happened

You continue to exceed my expectations.

AP posted:

There's a major element of fun you can't quantify from a game description or a list of game mechanics. For me, MWO had it pre HSR, pre sniperageddon/ghostheat, and that somehow, against all odds, happened with :pgi: involved so I'm not ruling anything out.

I would say that flight in Star Citizen has that fun factor (with the right ship), but combat is still lacking.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xanif posted:

I wouldn't count on it. When I said "most people" I didn't mean to include the brown sea.

The die hards are still looking at the social module demo and are convinced that it's the best thing they have every seen.

I don't know what I expected from the FPS stuff. They are performing mocap on video game devs to model their soldier animations. What a horrid idea.

I am in the minority that is actually really looking forward to crewing a ship rather than flying it for the same reason I liked playing engineer in guns of icarus; I like support roles. That is, actual relevant multicrew tasks rather than the bullshit "mix a drink' stuff that they've been trying to shoehorn in as of late.

On the flip side, I don't understand the universal loathing that goons display towards people who sink more than the minimum amount of money into this game. The attitudes of "This is the last game I will ever need to play" or "There is absolutely no way this game won't literally suck my dick while I play it" are certainly laughable, but is the concept that some people have more money than free time to grind so fundamentally offensive that it requires shunning?

They hired military personnel for most of the mocap.

I think a lot of people are looking forward to doing stuff other than flying, and hopefully the gameplay will be sufficiently compelling to support it. Thinks like orienting shields, routing power, repairing damage, all of that could be really fun and engaging. I also agree with Undies that it will likely be hilariously effective compared to some guy piloting an Idris by himself.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CrazyLoon posted:

I honestly shudder at the thought, that I was seriously considering going to one of the Star Citizen meets a year or 2 ago, and actually meeting this many broken people in one place. Hell, so long as :lesnick: keeps being 'in charge' of the community, every neckbeard will keep taking their cue from him and this is pretty much the main feature one can expect from these meets.

PAX East two years ago was a lot of fun. I got to meet a bunch of fellow Goons, random people bought me drinks, and then we got to get all excited about seeing starship pew pew. I'm not sure I'd want to go to a local meet just because that sounds painfully awkward, but the live event was fun. Then again one of the Imperium higher ups apparently lives near me and by all accounts loathes me, so that might be fun.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymGoI215pQE

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gwaihir posted:

The Cutlass is a good ship.

It's fine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

I just saw your post on RSI- without realizing you were the author.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...cuss-why#latest

At first I was like, "drat, this seems too lucid for an RSI post..."

Then I saw your reply to it in comments, and thought, "Beer is weighing in, this might be a productive conversation, until it gets shut down."

Then I scrolled back up and realized you were the OP, too.

Now reading the Wikipedia entry about "The Charge of the Light Brigade" for some reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade_(poem)

Apparently the White Knights are a little sensitive about the idea that people might want a little flexibility in selecting a pledge package.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSyauXPbO8

Truga posted:

I always find it funny how some backers actively want to get screwed by CIG's dumb systems.

They consider CIG the corporate entity to be their friend, and are grateful for it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

this is the thread you all deserve but one day Beer will come back to you and make a thread and you'll be grateful

I feel like I'm on vacation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cpt Underpants posted:

PAX Australia last year was quite a lot of fun. Met some goons, made some new friends, experienced some people so angry IRL about goons they quivered, and got to stand within 5 metres of Chris Roberts! :allears:

Seriously though, a lot of these basement-dwellers really looked uncomfortable when you just walk up to one and introduce yourself. Something tells me they're far more used to hiding behind a keyboard than actually communicating face to face with another living human being.

Weird. If they did anything, most of the people I talked to bought me alcohol when they found out who I was.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

If I wasn't on vacation from being the OP this would be in there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

i hope you guys like the placement

I approve.

Huh. I guess Seraph84 changed my avatar as well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So much for our Cutlass...

...and so much for the BDSSE...

Can I get a refund on my 5K, please? :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Eonwe I noticed that you took out the design and development posts from the OP. That's a shame. Please consider putting these links in:

Design Documents and Posts
2008-05-16: Chris's Vision
2009-10-04: Engine Development
2010-03-12: General Design Approach
2010-04-12: Modding
2010-05-10: Single Player Gameplay
2010-05-29: Secondary Gameplay
2010-09-19: Cover Mechanic
2012-09-19: Impact Physics
2014-04-01: Impact Physics Redesign

Thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cowman posted:

Early Access makes me wary. Is it the type of EA where it's got a lot of the game and is a lot of fun or the type that's a buggy mess and the devs will give up on it?

The former.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Angela Christine posted:

When does the seal clubbing module launch?

What do you think the social module is?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mirificus posted:

What happened?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5461609/#Comment_5461609

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In spite of CIG's emphasis on sandbox gameplay, it seems like a significant part of their mechanics revolve around preconceived notions of careers and roles. We've already seen mechanics associated with the bus driver and miner rolls, but apparently it's more extensive than that:

quote:

16:13:55 CIG Calix Reneau so bounty hunting is a matter of tracking a target. If you can't get the drop on them, you might indeed need to bring a fast wingman to help catch the target, but that's on you
16:16:17 CIG Calix Reneau no, pirates are supposed to go after fat slow targets
16:16:38 CIG Calix Reneau bounty hunters are supposed to track down targets and sneak up on them
16:17:03 CIG Calix Reneau and medics are just supposed to provide on location assistance and transport to a hospital

The idea that players are "supposed to" do something in a specific fashion suggests that CIG is going to be designing ships that are designed for that fashion. So the Cutlass, being a pirate ship, will be designed to ambush relatively defenseless merchant ships that somehow end up being in a position to be ambushed. How that actually happens is beyond me (although I suspect the board game CIG played to test the economy is closer to intended gameplay than people think with respect to jumping from instance to instance), but if the Cutlass is designed to wait in stealth and then ambush people then it's logical it wouldn't have to be too fast. The problem then becomes that CIG's perception of piracy is different from that of people who want to be pirates.

As it stands right now the Cutlass is a generalist craft looking for a purpose. Everything that it can do, particularly combat, is better suited by more dedicated ships. The type of players who identify themselves as pirates also tend to identify themselves with PvP, while CIG seems to identify piracy with a PvE-centered role. Aside from the typical bottom-tier fuckwits who seem to inhabit every game most players aren't going to fly undefended transports through areas where piracy, especially piracy by players, is commonplace. That leaves the Cutlass out as a viable ship unless there are other compelling reasons (such as range).

I don't think jump range is going to be a big deal for piracy. Systems are supposed to be massive. If you assume a player base of a million spergs, and an active population of 10%, that's still 1000 players per system assuming an equal distribution. Depending on who you talk to crossing a system will take ten to thirty minutes. If the system is instead mostly node-based like the board game (where q-drive just has you go from nav point to nav point and "deep space" encounters are nonexistent) then that's where conflict will be. The q-drive animation done at GamesCom somewhat encourages that notion since q-drive was equivalent to system jumping in Elite (as opposed to actually flying around at superluminal speeds).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gum posted:

four years and 87 million dollars and you guys still have no idea how this game is supposed to work

Every now and then the developers create a new "round" of controversy. The backers then have to fight each other using a combination of logical fallacies and wild speculation until one group gets tired and quits caring, at which point the "winners" feel confident that their particular interpretation is correct. A new round is created and the cycle continues.

It's a lot like a religious war only without the bloodshed or torture. Curiously there's still plenty of celibacy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

It is remarkably similar to the Mechwarrior Online development cycle, in this respect.

God help us if Chris's kids start to provide design suggestions.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CrazyLoon posted:

I can promise you 100%, that things in this regard will turn out very different from CR's 'vision'. I mean, sure, you have dumbass wannabe pirates like seraph over here, who want to get a goddamn Bengal and think that this'll automatically make them the best pirates evah, or others that'll insist on flying a Cutlass even if it turns out to be a steaming pile of poo poo, but then you have folks like me who are willing to adapt around whatever comes and very carefully sperg about the points of CIG's overall strategy that matter (the ones that, like I said, Tony Zurovec who is in charge of the PU design laid out during his extensive thoughts at the Townhall, where he described in detail about how he'd like to see piracy function in the PU).

So what we'll wind up with, eventually, is an overall idea by CIG of how they'd like it all to work, probably several game systems that will (in a better or worse manner) work towards that idea and, finally, they'll have a list of ships that they think should fit those roles. Except, of course, while their spreadsheets will tell them that the Cutlass should TOTALLY be able to perform this or that function, folks like me will just test the ships with our buddies and what you might find in the end is a fuckton more fast freelancer craft with boarding modularity + pirate skins escorted by skull and crossbones Super Hornets, like what I have. Of course it doesn't have to be these ships - for all I know Xi'an fighters might wind up being our mainstay, heh, but I guarantee you that by the end, whether this game turns out to be good or poo poo or turns out to be completed at all, there'll be a mockery of CIG's 'this should be the role of this ship' ideas.

Primarly because:

1.) They are apparently going hog-wild implementing modularity in a number of mid-sized ships. Now, I'm not naive enough to think this'll be a magic cure-all, but it does open the door to a lot of experimenting on our part and for things to go beyond CIG's (and carebear) control easily.
2.) They have proven themselves to have next to no QA department (or it is incompetent), so of course all they can do is have their sperg theories and grand designs and leave it to the players to prove them right or wrong.
3.) They're an unimaginative lot, really. Not necessarily CIG (though in the case of the LA studio that definitely is being proven more and more every day), but the carebears. So either they'll murder the whole game with overtly draconic mechanics and rules (which kinda goes counter to CR's stated goal of total 'immersion'), or they'll always be one step behind pirate and griefer players until they actually stop being cheapskates and hire a permanent and solid QA department.

Pretty much. For all that CR talks about the ships being characters and wanting players to get attached to them, the reality is that if this game features even a small amount of competitive gameplay starships will be treated like disposable commodities designed to accommodate whatever configuration offers the most competitive advantage.

LCL-Dead posted:

gently caress a cutlass, give me the Redeemer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1i7Lva_nJM

The amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth that happened when the Redeemer first came out and Cutlass owners realized it was a better boarding gunship was hilarious.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gerbil_Pen posted:

homemade burgers and dogs are better than anything you can buy. Stop being lazy.

Wisdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Syd Syko posted:

But wasn't that were the insurance ~reasons~ was supposed to kick in and balance that out to stop "rifter idiots" (Eve term, long story, don't ask) from treating ships like disposable commodities?

Yeah. The idea is that ships will have to be fabricated and delivered before they can be used again. In the case of some ships (notably the Cutlass) production is so fast and cheap that the replacement time will be very low. In contrast something like the Super Hornet may take significantly longer because it's a unique hulled Very Special Ship.

AP posted:

In addition to Illfonic, the below three had their own sections on the last monthly report.

Behaviour Interactive
Turbulent
Moon Collider

I also believe that Chris Roberts is involved with three legally separate companies, Roberts Space Industries, Cloud Imperium Games & Foundry 42 which I'm sure has tax advantages. Illfonic has/had some kind of tax break, similar in Canada (Behaviour Interactive & Turbulent) plus the UK (Moon Collider & F42) has/had tax breaks for gaming companies too. I'm sure even now it's very complicated to follow the money.

Behaviour Interactive is doing a lot of content generation. As far as I can tell they're basically a giant art house for doing all of the random poo poo that needed for the PU like trash cans, character art, etc. Turbulent I don't know WTF they're doing because apparently they're always busy with the next greatest web thing but it seems like everything web-based within CIG is a horrid POS like the forums, sale system, etc. Moon Collider is a super specialized house doing a lot of the AI with their Kythera system. I don't really have any complaints about the AI just yet although killing Vanduul is a piece of cake. The UK has some amazing tax breaks which is why the majority of CIG's development efforts are done there.

AP posted:

Some guy made a history of the Cutlass development post and I'm reposting it here because :-
a, I found it funny and b, I might want to find it again in two years.

The Cutlass was outsourced?

Several times.

• Locked thread