Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«235 »
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

~death to capitalism~
Every DSA is a cop

Avenging Dentist posted:

Here's a weird question: in Windows 10, while it remembers the position of my various windows when I re-open an application, it won't let them open on the edges of the screen (except the top), so there's always like a 10px margin between the app window and the edge of the desktop. It wasn't like this in Win7. Is there a way to fix this? I just want to put some windows in the bottom right of my screen.

I recall having an issue with this when Windows 10 first came out back in 2015. In that case I found toggling the old Aero Snap behavior on and then back off caused it to stop having the problem. I think it's just called "Snap" under "Multitasking" in the Settings menu now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Hm, I tried futzing with those settings, but no dice. I'm not actually docking these windows; they're just regular, non-maximized windows.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Out there.

Avenging Dentist posted:

Here's a weird question: in Windows 10, while it remembers the position of my various windows when I re-open an application, it won't let them open on the edges of the screen (except the top), so there's always like a 10px margin between the app window and the edge of the desktop. It wasn't like this in Win7. Is there a way to fix this? I just want to put some windows in the bottom right of my screen.

Best I was ever able to do was shrink the gap a bit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

set PaddedBorderWidth to 0

Let me know if you find a full solution; it drove me crazy that someone, somewhere assumed nobody ever works with non-maximized/snapped windows.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I think it has to do with the OS somehow expecting the old, thick-rear end Win 8 style window borders and thus leaving a margin about the size of those at the edges of the screen (except the top, which is I believe the same dimensions as it was in 8). It annoys the hell out of me since I have my browser set to max height, but not max width, for readability purposes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Anyone using Outlook 2016?

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ec-1955f59107ef

We're seeing that here.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Anyone using Outlook 2016?

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ec-1955f59107ef

We're seeing that here.

We have this also, no fix as of yet. Sometimes you wonder if they even test stuff, forwarding attachments is not some random use-case I would think.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

We have this also, no fix as of yet. Sometimes you wonder if they even test stuff, forwarding attachments is not some random use-case I would think.

No, but (sadly) using plain text for email is

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

dissss posted:

Well we have some multifunctionals that send plain text emails, and people forward those to colleagues and the like, so it is pretty common where I work.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ALL THREE OF MY HOLES SPOUT SHIT, ASK ME HOW TRIGGERED I AM

dissss posted:

Why can't plain text be the default? Like sometimes I need to send a link or whatever but it really, really should be what people use 99% of the time.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

So my computer failed the latest windows 10 update, restored to previous version, now modern setup host is taking up 13% of my system memory and 17% of my cpu. Is this normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Worklurker posted:

So my computer failed the latest windows 10 update, restored to previous version, now modern setup host is taking up 13% of my system memory and 17% of my cpu. Is this normal?

For Windows 10 all of that sounds absolutely normal.

«235 »