Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

GreenNight posted:

No, it's basically a reinstall of the OS. I just finished it. Went quick and it give the option to keep my programs and files, which I did.

It did reset some of my settings so I had dumb bullshit like Candy Crush again and Get Office, so I had to turn that poo poo off.

I just installed Windows 10 for the first time on my new PC and I see a lot of useless poo poo like Candy Crush on here. Is there a guide to removing all the bullshit or should I just not worry about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I have the education edition and checking for updates isn't showing the anniversary update yet. Annoying. Great to hear about Adblock, though!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

dpbjinc posted:

Education editions just went live. Download here if you're impatient. (You'll need your product key.)

Worked for me. Thanks bud!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Yup.

Actually it does use your theme color for all one pixels of the message border.

This place is a message… and part of a system of messages… pay attention to it!Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.

What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Has anybody gotten a chance to use the picture in picture feature in the Creator's update? I loved having that in MacOS and on my iPad, looking forward to having it on Windows. Just want to know if it works the same or at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I use EDGE and sometimes when I'm browsing the forums, the page will refuse to scroll. Keyboard doesn't work, using the scroll bar doesn't work. The only thing I could do to be able to move the page down is click the mouse wheel and pull the mouse down but now that has stopped working too. It's on a per tab basis too so if I switch to another tab, it'll scroll fine but that particular tab doesn't scroll. The links on the frozen page are still clickable, it just doesn't let me scroll.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Seems to happen more often on pages with lots of posts.