Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
resetting a brand new Surface Pro 3 back to factory because 1 day out of the box and it will no longer update. jesus h christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
fwiw Optimus has worked great for me with my 675m/Intel 4000

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
welp contacted Microsoft and theyre sending another SP3 to replace this brand new one that updates borked the WiFi on

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

redeyes posted:

I've used a bunch of Pro 1's 2's and now 3's and they ALL had loving stupid glitches from wifi to charging to the keyboards not working. Highly unimpressed.

my second SP3 has been having WiFi issues since 8.1->10 and im probably just gonna reset the piece of poo poo and hope for the best

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
if you have any sort of choice you shouldnt be running Windows 10 on a machine you actually need to rely on

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

KillHour posted:

So for people saying you can't remove certain apps (like Cortana and Edge), you absolutely can. You have to go scorched earth on them, but you can kill them for good. Of course once you do that, you can't bring them back. Also, killing Cortana removes the ability to search from the start menu (the normal search bar in explorer still works, though). You also can't remove the icons as far as I can tell. They just don't do anything when you click on them.

That being said, I did this entirely to see if I could; now that I managed to do it, I have to go and reinstall Windows since I actually want some of those features back. :shobon:

death to cortana

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Segmentation Fault posted:

bbbut muh micro$soft botnet :tizzy:

oh gently caress off

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
KB3081455 broke my Surface's ability to see wireless networks, rolled back and working again. Ugh.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Is Threshold 2 still a thing? Last I heard they were planning on October for that, and it was going to be mostly fixes and optimizations.

Fake edit: actually the name may have changed already and the date is more like November http://m.windowscentral.com/first-major-windows-10-feature-update-reportedly-delayed-november

So about the time this whole shitpile should have actually been released. Nice.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Last Chance posted:

The answer is that Microsoft is a group of visionless hacks who saw someone use a PIN on an ipad once and just rolled with it without thinking too much about how it works.

This pretty much explains Microsoft's entire design philosophy post Windows 7

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
See, its not a service pack if it just installs a new OS!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
i could never get it to install on my SP3 and now its gone so god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Wear and tear on any non-lovely part is not a concern.

That being said, failures do happen and you should have backups of anything you treasure.