Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Is there a way to help windows 10 remember my dual monitor stuff? It seems to do well with separate resolutions, and changing when I plug in or whatever to match things up, but I'd like to also set separate desktop wallpapers for my dual setups and have it not mess up my single desktop when I'm unplugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

pwnyXpress posted:

Is there a way to help windows 10 remember my dual monitor stuff? It seems to do well with separate resolutions, and changing when I plug in or whatever to match things up, but I'd like to also set separate desktop wallpapers for my dual setups and have it not mess up my single desktop when I'm unplugged.

Any suggestions?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
So using Chrome on Windows 10 I seem to get an issue where after a while the Shockwave Flash plugin stops responding and will refuse to work until I reboot the entire computer, not just the browser or plugin. Any thoughts?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That's a feature. :v:

In "even terrible things should work as advertised" terms, Flash for Chrome doesn't work like Flash for other browsers does, because Chromium made their own plugin interface (Pepper) to replace NPAPI and then Google and Adobe worked out ways to break out of the API just for Flash, which is all kind of adorable as no one else makes Pepper plugins anyway.

In practical terms, Flash for Chrome probably just didn't close out right when Chrome did. I don't think it actually gets a process labeled Flash in any way, so actually exit Chrome (hamburger > Exit or Ctrl+Shift+Q), wait a few seconds, and then kill any remaining Chrome tasks maybe. Also are you sure you actually closed Chrome the last few times this has happened?, because if you have background apps for it it keeps running even with no windows open.

Yup, totally closed. I killed every process named chrome as well. Start it back up and still have the issue until I reboot entirely. I'm aware of the "2 versions of flash problem" in the extensions and that doesn't seem to be it either.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Just restarted for updates and now I'm getting some strange flickering on my lenovo y50 screen like my refresh rate is off. Giving me a headache. Any ideas or known problems before I waste time trying to figure things out instead of studying for my exam tomorrow?