Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogbert
Jun 2, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Sometimes my taskbar gets stretched a few pixels too long and extends offscreen to the right. Why on earth is this happening? It doesn't happen to the desktop at all, just the taskbar :psyduck:. Futzing with the display in some way, like flipping it upside down and back again or changing the resolution, fixes it. It's a laptop screen and I'm using Nvidia Optimus drivers. I can't seem to pinpoint any cause. I just look down sometimes and notice it.

Note that these two images are from the exact same area on my screen (i.e. the bottom-right corner is the bottom-rightmost pixel):

Dumb question but you don't have two slightly different images in the same folder that your desktop is rotating through do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogbert
Jun 2, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Sometimes my taskbar gets stretched a few pixels too long and extends offscreen to the right. Why on earth is this happening? It doesn't happen to the desktop at all, just the taskbar :psyduck:. Futzing with the display in some way, like flipping it upside down and back again or changing the resolution, fixes it. It's a laptop screen and I'm using Nvidia Optimus drivers. I can't seem to pinpoint any cause. I just look down sometimes and notice it.

Note that these two images are from the exact same area on my screen (i.e. the bottom-right corner is the bottom-rightmost pixel):

I realise this was posted ages ago but I've just had this exact thing happen to a Windows 10 Pro VM. So it's likely not your laptop or video card drivers.