Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone else found it literally impossible to disable Insider builds? You click the button that says "Stop Insider Builds," it pops up a window that says "We need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds," then links you to a support article about clicking the same drat button you just clicked. Who the gently caress made this OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

taqueso posted:

A committee of committees, 1000 focus groups, and a zillion contractors that don't give a gently caress.

Ah, so one committee designed the prompt, and a second committee designed the steps to resolve said prompt, and they're presumably separated by several oceans.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

For real though...has anyone seen that Insider builds prompt? What can I do? It's so vague, Microsoft has no support article on it, I emailed them and they sent me a reg key change that didn't work, I just "reset" Windows and still can't turn off Insider builds. Am I supposed to believe that a simple Windows Update setting can't be changed without a complete format and fresh reinstall?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Windows 10 will come into its own in later updates, I think. It just doesn't fit together well yet.